Train jobs in England: An opportunity to grow and learn with a company that supports and encourages progress? If so, look no further! Due to significant growth, GB Rail freight is looking to open a brand new depot in Leeds Haslet to help us provide our best services in the area.
Having recently won several contracts, we are looking for professionally qualified Driver Train jobs (freight or passenger qualified) to join the Blue Team and lead the freight rail revolution and contribute to the exciting work we have. Will be proud to take it, whether current or in. The pipeline
As a driver based at Leeds Haslet, you will primarily operate Class 66 diesel engines on various routes across England. The work is mainly aggregate and junk work between the Midlands and the Pennies so you will get to see some beautiful places along the way! Plus you’ll be involved in some SCO and Network Rail work, so no week will be the same!
You will be empowered to take responsibility for the delivery of critical activities on the front line, always being aware of and working with safety and challenging unsafe behaviors at all times.
As a Train Driver with GB Rail freight, you are also the face of the business and are encouraged to build good relationships with customers at our customer sites and terminals and provide good customer service regardless of the situation. A sense of humor helps with a certain level of patience!
Read More: Van Drivers Jobs in England 2022
Responsibilities For Train jobs:
You will join our brand new Leeds Hunslet-based team and work closely with our Rail Operators who work with Trains, Duty Control Managers, Operations Managers, Signallers, and a variety of other parties to ensure Enable services be operated easily, securely, and in one place. Timely fashion.
A flexible attitude to working hours is required as this is a shift-based role working a modest 34.5 hours a week. Shifts vary and require 24/7 work to be completed, particularly at night, which is traditionally the domain of freight!
Qualification for Train jobs in England:
For your efforts, you will receive a competitive salary of £61,739 basic salary per annum based on a 34.5-hour contract. You’ll be supported by dedicated managers who often go above and beyond to help. Or listening ears for that matter. It is this approach that recently won GB Rail freight the ‘Great Place to Work award at the National Rail Awards.
And if that’s not reason enough to join us, you’ll also be able to enjoy the following:
- Healthcare Package – Healthcare cover multiple operations for you and your partner living at the same address as well as multiple healthcare facilities for you and your dependents including consultations, scans, includes counseling, optical, dental, and medical treatments.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme to purchase a cycle twice a year.
- Den plan Scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme for you and your partner.
- Online Benefits Portal – Hundreds of discounts or offers at retailers across the country.
- Smart Tech – Interest-Free Purchase Scheme in partnership with Currys PC World
- Training Platform – Giving you the opportunity to learn online and develop your career at your leisure.
If you’re sitting there wondering ‘where do I sign up?’, there are just three more questions to answer:
- Do you live within 60 minutes of traveling to the Leeds Hunslet area?
- Do you have a full manual UK driving license?
- Are you qualified to drive trains on the main line?
If the answer to both the above questions is ‘Yes’ then please apply using the ‘Apply’ link. If you have any questions about the role or would like to discuss it further
please email directly at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is train driver a stressful job?
The number of mental health compensation claims is one of the toughest jobs in the country by far. It’s not what you’d expect. Train drivers can experience extreme stress at work.
Why is a train driver’s salary so high?
Train drivers have a very strong union. When a union is stronger, workers are usually paid a little better. Unions help ensure that groups of people working in the same trade have access to fair benefits and fair pay.