Principal Engineering Manager Job in India 2023: Are you looking to make a significant contribution to Microsoft’s mission to enable every individual and organization to accomplish more through the power of cloud computing? Do you want to be at the forefront of Cloud Computing, designing, delivering, and operating cloud-scale systems that form the basis of Azure, the world’s computer? Do you want to be a part of a highly-motivated and passionate team that collaborates to ensure the success of our customers while having fun and learning along the way?
Azure Core is Azure’s most profitable and fastest-growing business segment. We, the Azure Core Compute team at IDC, take pride in our ability to deliver a cloud platform capable of running any workload. And we mean ANY! Teams, Bing, Exchange, Xbox, SQL Azure, Office 365, HDInsight, and COSMOS DB… to name a few of Microsoft’s most prominent offerings. Or customers such as Accenture, Adobe, Walgreens, Walmart, Flipkart, In-Mobi, and the vast majority of the world’s large/medium/small shopping, banking, finance, gaming, logistics, enterprise, data analytics/management, and storage services. They utilize the infrastructure we develop.
The core mission of the Azure Service Fabric Team is to simplify the packaging, deployment, and management of scalable and reliable microservices and containers. Azure Service Fabric is a platform for building stateful services on distributed systems. It also addresses the significant difficulties associated with the development and management of cloud-native applications. Customers run containerized stateful services written in any language or code using the Service Fabric programming model.
The Service Fabric clusters can be created anywhere, including on-premises, with Windows Server and Linux, and in public clouds other than Azure. Service Fabric currently powers numerous Microsoft services, such as Azure SQL Database, Azure Cosmos DB, Cortana, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Intune, Azure Event Hubs, Azure IoT Hub, Dynamics 365, Skype for Business, and numerous core Azure services. Microsoft’s container orchestrator for deploying and managing microservices across a cluster of machines is called Service Fabric. Service Fabric can deploy hundreds or thousands of applications or containers per machine at a high density in mere seconds.
Expect a fast-paced environment with ample opportunities to solve distributed systems, and difficult technical and business problems, and provide excellent global customer solutions. We are seeking an engineering-focused, customer-centric, and passionate Software Engineering Manager to help shape the future of our Service Fabric use cases and contribute to the platform’s foundation. Come join us in shaping the next generation of the Azure Service Fabric.
- Develop an understanding of customer requirements for their applications and the underlying microservices based on Service Fabric, and build new capabilities to support cloud-native, containerized, and a multitude of innovative use cases.
- Contribute to the development of the Azure Service Fabric platform, which allows multiple classes of applications to be supported while accounting for application consistency, availability, and partition tolerance.
- Develop a comprehension of Service Fabric workflows and orchestration in conjunction with platform-level capabilities.
- Create a long-term vision and road map for the team that simplifies the overall experience and supports orchestration at scale.
- Establish KPIs and drive execution successfully through collaboration and partnership with the PM team and partners.
- Lead the team by providing clarity, generating energy, and driving results using an iterative and measurable strategy.
- Prioritize your team’s work by collaborating with other teams.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, quality, live site, and customer success of the platform.
- Over a decade of experience in software development and the creation of world-class solutions.
- Four or more years as an engineering manager
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for managing and fostering the growth of a diverse team of engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable work experience required.
- Cloud computing, enterprise computing, IaaS, and/or SaaS product expertise.
- Experience in driving engineering roadmaps, leading v-teams, mentoring, and assisting the technical development of others.
- Working with dispersed teams and demonstrating a history of attracting, hiring, developing, and retaining top talent.