Warehouse Worker Jobs in Washington DC For Foreigners are a good way to start a career or earn extra money as a student, recent graduate, person with more than one source of income, or even someone with a stable full-time job. By looking at the information from the past years, we can see that the average pay for warehouse workers wasn’t very high ($16 per hour). But at the beginning of 2023, warehouse workers’ average pay went up to $ 23 per hour (source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Working as an Amazon Warehouse Worker or Associate in Washington, DC also has a number of other perks. There is a steady need for warehouse workers, and you can find work all over the US, especially as a seasonal or temporary worker. Warehouse workers are needed in a lot of different industries, warehouses are growing because of the rise of e-commerce and online shopping, and last but not least, there are Amazon warehouses in every US state because Amazon store worker is the most common type of warehouse worker job in the US.
According to Zippia, wages have gone up by 38% in the last 5 years, and warehouse jobs are expected to grow by 1% from 2018 to 2028. In the United States, there are more than 1,324,545 warehouse workers at work right now. Job posts show that there are 255,502 open warehouse worker jobs in the US. When we look at all of these numbers, it’s safe to say that being a Warehouse Worker is a good job in the USA. This ad is for a Warehouse Worker Job at Amazon in Washington, DC. Find out about the job and how to apply online with this straight link.
Details of Warehouse Worker Jobs in Washington DC For Foreigners 2023
- Job title: Warehouse Worker
- Country: Washington, DC.
- Job type: Full-time
- Industry: Labour Jobs
- Knowledge required: Not high
- Experience required: Not high
- Age limit: 18 and above
- Free Food: Yes/No
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Free Transport: No
- Free Medical Insurance: Yes.
- Relocation: Yes.
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Salary: $18 per hour.
Requirements of Amazon Warehouse Worker Jobs in Washington, DC
According to the job description on Simply Hired, the following are both necessary and desirable qualifications for the job:
- No base level of schooling is needed. Depending on your job, though, you may need training in a specific field or at least a high school diploma.
- It’s best if candidates have worked in a warehouse for at least two years.
- allowed to work in the United States. Goodfellow takes part in the E-Verify system.
- List any visa needs, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc. If necessary, add details about special requirements or government contracts.
- Before going to the U.S., you should get a medical checkup.
- A real job offer and a contract to work there.
- You might be asked to give references about your past.
- You have to be able to drive a truck.
- This work is hard on your body and needs good communication skills, hand-eye coordination, the ability to work quickly, and the ability to work well with others.
Required Physical and Competency Skills for Warehouse Worker Jobs in Washington, DC
- Good at talking to people.
- Good at keeping things in order.
- Good Time Management Skills.
- Good skills with math.
- Good technical skills with things like forklifts and other warehouse tools.
- Lift and/or move things often 10-50lbs sometimes lift and/or move things that are more than 100lbs.
- The job often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, and reaching with hands.
- Good ability to see things up close.
- Good ability to see far away.
- Good ability to see things up close.
- Good Vision in the Periphery.
- Good ability to adjust and focus.
- Good customer service and the ability to handle requests.
Responsibilities/ job duties of a Warehouse Worker
- Process, load, and unload orders to handle shipping.
- Getting new stock and materials, processing them, and putting them on shelves.
- Processes customer orders, requests, and other supply orders, such as pulling out materials, packing them in boxes, marking boxes, and putting orders in the delivery area.
- Drive a truck or van (a delivery vehicle) to and from sellers to finish the delivery process.
- Maintain tools and vehicles in the warehouse by doing preventive maintenance and setting up repairs.
- Operating and taking care of a truck.
- In charge of all inventory control measures, such as writing down and finding stock placement orders and fulfilling all requests for printing, marking, and labeling.
- Follows company standards to give good service.
- Must keep the shelves, pallet areas, and desks clean to keep the workplace clean.
- checking merchandise for damage and flaws and making notes if a customer complains about either.
- Fills out stock and inventory records by typing in the information needed.
How to Apply for More Amazon Warehouse Worker Jobs in USA for International Applicants 2023?
- If you click on the link below, you’ll be taken to the official job search site. Use the “Apply” button below the job description to send in your application.
- You can also use yourself to look for a job by using the search box and the area box to narrow down the results of your job search. Type your job title, such as “Warehouse workers jobs in USA for foreigners or with visa sponsorship” “Warehouse Operators jobs in USA for foreigners or with visa sponsorship” “Logistics worker jobs in USA for foreigners or with visa sponsorship” or “Amazon Jobs in USA for foreigners.”
- Choose Washington, DC from the bar that says “Location” just below the “Search” bar.
- Another great tip is to search straight for “Amazon Warehouse Jobs in Washington, DC.”
- There’s a good chance that your boss works in Arabic, so it’s best to make your CV Resume, and Cover letter in English or Arabic. Bring your CV or resume up to date.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job duties, etc.
- Before you apply, make sure you meet all of the conditions. Carefully look at the job part and what it requires.
- Click the “Online Application” button below.
- Fill in the information asked for and send in the application.
- Check to see if you got a confirmation email for the job application you sent.
People Also Ask
What is the highest level of education for Amazon Warehouse Workers in the USA?
In the United States, warehouse workers need at least a high school diploma.
What is the average salary of an Amazon warehouse worker in the USA?
In the United States, the average pay of warehouse workers depends mostly on how long they have been working there and where they work. But according to the USA Bureau of Labor, the most trusted pay database in the US, the average starting wage for an Amazon warehouse worker is $22.94, or $33,108 per year.