Service Assistant Jobs in Canada 2023 – Visit Here
Service Assistant Jobs in Canada 2023: Join ISSofBC, one of Canada’s largest and most pioneering newcomer and refugee agencies. In addition to being a values-driven organization, we also take pride in our diversity, inclusion, innovation, and openness. When you join our family, you can make friends and connections for a lifetime. In addition, we offer multiple locations, flexible work hours, and shorter work weeks than most organizations.
About CAREER PATHS
The Career Paths Program expedites the re-credentialing and employment journey of skilled immigrants and refugees in British Columbia. We accomplish this through personalized one-on-one career coaching, group and self-paced online learning on career development and standards in British Columbia, local connections to mentors and skilled professionals, on-site employer tours and networking events, and access to skills enhancement services to fund regulatory or skills upgrading requirements in our clients’ chosen occupations.
With the assistance of our career strategists, resource advisors, and employer relations specialists, we believe that all of our clients can realign and re-enter their chosen profession in British Columbia. Our services are tailored to the education, training, and professional experiences of each client.
Details About Service Assistant Jobs in Canada 2023
|Position||Service Assistant, Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants|
|Job ID #||2023-CP-06|
|Job Type||Temporary full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible until March 31, 2024|
You will report to the Senior Manager of Career Paths as a Service Assistant, and you will perform reception and administrative duties.
The program has auxiliary functions. Clients are screened, registered, and appointments are scheduled. You will assist in programmatic areas.
marketing, expense reporting, reimbursement, and/or direct payments; database.
Maintenance, recordkeeping, and preparation for events and workshops You will keep records and files using the necessary software.
Programming and data entry using the required database application.
Check Also: Sales Supervisor jobs in Canada at BEAUTY ERA INC
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Performs reception and clerical duties associated with the Career Paths Program, such as word processing, filing, copying, processing mail, collating documents, and greeting visitors at our service delivery locations. As required, she responds to and transfers phone calls.
- Enters information from client service records into a centralized database. Once entered, the information is updated and maintained in the database.
- Generates contractual program-specific statistical reports and other reports at the senior manager’s request.Prepares and maintains program information and marketing materials, including desktop publishing and production; coordinates translations of marketing materials as necessary.
- Assists counselors in preparing the logistics for information sessions, workshops, and marketing activities. Under specific instructions, conducts client follow-ups.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests for the senior manager’s signature, ensuring that all supporting documentation is included. Process signed documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures for finance.
- Establishes contact with internal and external case managers, including subcontractors and ISSofBC staff, service providers, community organizations, employers, professional associations, and educational institutions, in order to obtain or provide information and build positive working relationships.
- Prepares bi-weekly expense reports, including payment reimbursement or direct-payment processing on behalf of clients utilizing the program’s skills enhancement services.
- Performs additional related tasks as assigned.
- What you provide
- Completion of a certificate or diploma in office administration, business, or a related field, plus a minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
- (1) year of relevant experience, preferably in a social service-related field; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
experience deemed acceptable by the employer. Possessing fluency in a second language is an asset.
What makes you an agent of change?
- A natural connector with a positive outlook
- Enthusiasm for client-focused services and a willingness to assist the team and the organization in achieving their objectives and goals
- creativity and originality in marketing the program.
- Innovative and innovative methods for managing time and resources
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies, as well as prior experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Salesforce.com,
- Possession of and the capacity to maintain a clean provincial criminal record check.
ISSofBC Value Proposition
- Hourly Salary Range: $21.03 to $27.49
- Starting Price Estimate: $21.03–$22.32 reliant upon education, training, experience, and internal equity. Wage
grids are reviewed annually
- 105 vacation hours and 35 personal leave hours
- Extended medical and dental coverage
- Employer RRSP contribution of 3% with no mandatory employee contribution; employee RRSP contribution option of 1%.
5% with employer contribution up to 5%
- Program for Employee and Family Assistance (EFAP)
- Mixed employment opportunity
- Collaborative peers with diverse backgrounds and abilities
- A values-based organization with diverse, collaborative colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets.
- A culture of inclusion and innovation in the workplace, with opportunities for new approaches
The mission and values of ISSofBC emphasize inclusiveness and recognition of individuals’ unique abilities. Diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and identities are a source of strength when recruiting and developing our staff. We encourage applicants who bring fresh perspectives and experiences to the table.
Application Process for Service Assistant Jobs in Canada 2023
Apply immediately if you are passionate about making a difference!
Include “2023-CP-06” in the subject line of your application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. ** Each applicant is required to
Submit a cover letter outlining their interest in the position and a resume in doc or pdf format as a single document.
Please indicate “internal job ID number>” in the subject line for internal applicants, i.e., current employees and volunteers.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. We appreciate all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Closing Date: Open until filled.
People Also Ask
Can I find employment in Canada as a tourist?
To work in Canada, a valid work permit is required. A visitor visa does not permit employment within the country. During your stay as a visitor, you must avoid engaging in any commercial activity that involves direct entry into the Canadian labor market.
How long does it take to obtain a Canada visitor visa in 2023?
The acceptance of a Canadian visitor visa or temporary resident permit typically takes between two and six weeks.