Orchard Worker Jobs in USA: Agriculture is one of the most important industries in the United States, as the country is one of the largest food exporters in the world. The country was placed third in the world’s top agricultural powers. According to the National Environmental Education Forum, the agricultural sector in the United States produces more than $300 billion in agricultural goods each year.
The United States is a major exporter of strawberries, pork, soybeans, grains, and feeds, wheat, corn, white chicken, broiler eggs, cocoa, apples, grapes, cherries, oranges, and other fruits and vegetables. Many European, Asian (particularly Chinese), and tropical countries are agricultural trade partners with the United States.
As research and technology advance, more and more opportunities in science, technology, and business are available at various US companies for suitable and highly educated fellows. In addition to these educated employment types, there will be many jobs in 2023 that do not require much education or experience.
A lot of fruit picking positions in the United States are now available with visa sponsorship for all international applicants looking to earn a good living in a developed country like the United States. Let’s go into the specifics of Orchard Worker Jobs in the United States in 2023 with Visa Sponsorship:
Introduction: The Thriving Orchard Industry
The U.S. orchard business is a key part of the country’s and the world’s ability to get fresh food. Since fruit is grown on a lot of land, orchard workers are in high demand to make sure the crop is both plentiful and of high quality.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Working in an orchard can be hard on your body and requires a strong work ethic, energy, and a love of the outdoors. Even if you don’t have to have a formal education, it can be helpful to know the basics of farming and how to use the equipment.
Understanding Visa Sponsorship
Visa sponsorship makes it possible for foreign workers to work in the US agricultural industry and use their skills. It lets companies hire people from other countries when they can’t find enough local workers. This makes sure that crops are picked on time and don’t go to waste.
Types of Visas Available
H-2A Visa: Your Path to Orchard Employment
People who want to work on farms often choose the H-2A visa. This type of visa is for temporary agricultural workers, and a company must sponsor the worker’s application.
Eligibility Criteria for H-2A Visa
To get an H-2A visa, applicants must show that they have a real job offer from a US company, have the skills needed for the job, and plan to go back to their home country when the visa runs out.
Details of Orchard Worker Jobs in USA 2023 Visa Sponsorship
- Job title: Orchard Worker
- Job Industry: Agriculture
- No.of vacancies: 4
- Job type: Permanent/ Full-time
- Expected Salary: $15-20 per hour
- Who can apply: All nationalities
- Employer’s name: Taylor Farms In Wood
Requirements of Orchard Worker Jobs in USA 2023
- There is no minimum education requirement, but individuals with a secondary (high school) diploma are preferred by some employers.
- A minimum of three months experience working in an orchard or fruit farm is required.
- The candidate must be eligible for either a Work Holiday Visa or a Seasonal Work Visa. He should have an international student visa, permanent residence, temporary residence, or employment-related green card if he does not have one.
- The candidate must be physically fit to lift ladders up to 22 feet long and 50 pounds.
- The candidate should be conversant in basic English.
- You should be able to lift fruit baskets weighing 60 pounds.
Job Responsibilities/Obligations of an Orchard Worker
- Weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the dirt, fixing fences, moving, and putting posts for orchard fences are all examples of pre-harvest chores.
- Fruit picking in the fields and orchards.
- Sort the clean pieces from the decaying and broken ones.
- Place the fruit in the appropriate cartons.
- The packages should be labeled.
- Weighing each fruit carton before loading it into the truck.
- Apple, peach, and cherry trees are manually cultivated and pruned.
- According to US grade standards, injured/wasted fruits should not exceed 2%.
- Pickers must be able to pick 16.5 bushels per hour or more.
- Physically capable of climbing and moving a ladder throughout the orchard.
- Because the picked fruit will be placed in a molded-plastic, canvas-covered picking bucket with canvas straps that rest on the shoulders, it is possible that the body will sustain a friction-induced injury.
- Workers must be skilled and trained to do manual tasks accurately and efficiently.
- A worker must be willing to work in an environment that exposes them to pesticides, severe temperatures, light rain, and allergies.
Benefits of Orchard Worker Jobs in USA
- Because the United States is an agricultural powerhouse, there are orchards of various types everywhere. It translates to a more efficient and responsive job search. Workers are especially needed in cherry, peach, and apple orchards.
- Affordably priced salary package.
- Vacation and holidays are paid.
- Some employers provide free one-time meals, while others provide free housing or housing assistance.
- During their stay in the United States, all employees and farm workers will be provided with medical insurance. This insurance will cover all of your medical, injury, and accident expenditures.
- You can bring your spouse and family after completing a specific tenure (2-3 years).
- The best approach to supplement your income as a student or temporary resident.
- Some employers provide subsidized transportation or meal programs.
- Employee long-term benefits, employee social benefits, and other perks.
- Sponsorship for a visa.
Average Salary of an Orchard Worker with visa sponsorship in USA
The average wage of an entry-level security guard is determined by numerous aspects other than his experience, such as where he works, the employer’s salary standards, location, shift timing, and so on. According to Zip Recruiter, the average compensation for a security guard in Canada is roughly USD 37,304 per year, or USD 18 per hour (as of April 2023). Given that this employer pays you an hourly rate of USD 15-20, this employer is paying you fairly, according to these survey figures (gathered from random employers and employees across the United States).
How to Apply for Orchard Worker Jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship?
- You will be directed to the official job search portal by clicking on the link below; use the application option provided underneath the job description.
- You can also use the search box and the location box to narrow down your job search results. Enter your job title, for example, “Orchard Worker Jobs in USA with visa sponsorship/ for foreigners, Farm Worker Jobs in USA with visa sponsorship/ for foreigners, Farm Jobs in USA for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship, “Fruit/ Vegetables Picking Jobs in USA for foreigners”, “Fruits/Vegetable Farms Jobs in USA with visa sponsorship.”
- Use a specific fruit name or the type of orchard you want to work in, such as “Apple Orchard Jobs”, “Berries Orchard Jobs”, and so on.
- Select your desired location in the United States to narrow down your search results.
- It is preferable to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter in accordance with current market trends, as your employer may notice the layout/presentation.
- Apply by phone at +13042291194 or by email at email@example.com.
Getting a visa sponsorship to work in an orchard in the United States is a unique way to help the country’s agriculture while getting valuable experiences and connections. Even though the trip might be hard at times, the rewards are well worth the trouble.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to sponsor a work visa in the USA?
An H-1B visa or H-1B transfer will set you back roughly $5000 (plus government fees). H1B legal fees should range between $2000 and $3000, with filing expenses also falling into this range. An employer must have sufficient funds in the bank to cover the H1B employee’s wage for a reasonable period of time.
How much are farm workers paid in USA?
How to Get a Job as an Agricultural Worker. Most agricultural professions do not require a formal educational credential; however, animal breeders often require a high school graduation. Agricultural employees are often trained on the job.