Executes the property’s marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention objectives by performing all activities associated with leasing to new residents, ensuring resident satisfaction throughout the lease term, and securing resident lease renewals. Included in the Essential Duties and Responsibilities are the following. Additional tasks may be assigned.
Performs all sales and leasing activities in person to achieve the property’s revenue and occupancy goals, including greeting and qualifying prospects in person, conducting property tours and showing apartments, processing applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
Check Also: Server Jobs Near Me in USA 2024 – Apply NowAdvertisement
Develops and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and adheres to the property’s established policies about concessions, specials, and other programs to increase occupancy.
Plans and executes offsite marketing activities to generate and drive traffic to the property, such as implementing resident referral and employer outreach programs, utilizing internet marketing tools (Craigslist, Facebook, and other websites), and adhering to other property-specific marketing plans, drives, and special programs.
Utilizes the onsite property management software application (OneSite, Yardi, etc.) to monitor apartment availability, record traffic, and leasing activities, manage resident and prospect data, and collect vital demographic and other information about current and prospective residents.
Ensures that the property and show units meet the Company’s standards for show quality by inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour daily, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the property’s maintenance team, merchandising and ensuring a physically appealing show unit and/or model and amenities, and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
Follows up with prospects and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mails, thank-you notes, and cards or making phone calls or other contacts to finalize lease and/or renewal decisions.
Executes and performs activities in support of the property’s lease renewal program by preparing and delivering lease renewal letters and packages to residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates, and ensuring that lease renewal documents are executed on time.
Responds promptly and with courtesy to resident and client/owner concerns and questions, take prompt action to resolve problems and/or documents, and forward resident and other requests to the appropriate individual (s). This includes the ability to work peacefully with coworkers and residents in a stressful environment.
As assigned or required, completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties. Must be able to meet the attendance and punctuality requirements and physical demands of the position in accordance with Rangemaster Residential’s policies and expectations for performance.
Benefits of Leasing Consultant Jobs in USA
- Commission and Bonus Opportunities: Commission and bonus arrangements are frequently provided by leasing consultants as compensation for their effective leasing of properties. This has the potential to substantially augment the overall remuneration for personnel who demonstrate exceptional proficiency in leasing endeavors.
- Competitive Salary: Leasing consultants frequently earn competitive base salaries, which is commensurate with their responsibilities in the real estate sector and in overseeing the leasing procedure.
- Professional Development: Leasing consultant work offers prospects for advancement and progress in one’s professional life. It requires knowledge of consumer relations, property management, and the real estate industry.
- Networking Opportunities: Leasing consultants are presented with the opportunity to establish and maintain professional connections within the real estate sector. Establishing and maintaining this network may prove to be advantageous in terms of professional growth and prospective prospects in the real estate and property management industries at large.
- Customer Interaction and Relationship Building: Relationship Building and Customer Interaction: Leasing consultants interact frequently with prospective tenants, fostering relationships and delivering superior customer service. For those who derive satisfaction from interacting with others, this facet of the occupation may prove to be gratifying.
- Practical Knowledge of Real Estate: Leasing consultants acquire practical knowledge of property values, market trends, and legal aspects of leasing through their experience in the real estate industry.
- Employee Discounts: Certain property management companies offer employee discounts on lodging or amenities, thereby facilitating leasing consultants’ ability to reside in employer-managed properties at a more affordable cost.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Contingent on the property management firm, leasing consultants might be granted flexible work schedules, thereby facilitating an improved equilibrium between their professional and personal lives.
- Team Collaboration: Leasing consultants frequently collaborate with property managers, maintenance personnel, and other staff members as members of a team. The presence of this collaboration may foster a constructive and encouraging workplace atmosphere.
- Competency Enhancement: The leasing consultant position necessitates the cultivation of an extensive array of competencies, encompassing communication, marketing, negotiation, and problem-solving. These competencies are applicable to additional sectors within the real estate industry.
Responsibilities of Leasing Consultant Jobs in USA
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes about the area(s) of responsibility, and reporting violations or infractions to the appropriate individual (s)
- Reports immediately any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, and other safety concerns to the appropriate individual in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards (s)
- Identifies areas for enhancement and provides recommendations for enhancing the property’s efficiency, profitability, and output.
- Participates in internal and external training programmed and accesses other sources of information to keep abreast of current changes in technology, leasing, and sales tools, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility; applies knowledge and practices to the area(s) of responsibility.
This position is scheduled to work forty hours per week. The hours of operation vary by location, but most sites are open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Marketing Representatives must be available to work on weekends as scheduled and must be able to perform all essential job duties independently.
Qualifications for Leasing Consultant Jobs in USA
A successful candidate for this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the required level of knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Individuals with disabilities may be provided with reasonable accommodations in order to perform essential functions.
Employment history demonstrating the application and utilization of a sales, marketing, internet, and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial documents, records, and reports A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
demonstrated reading, writing, and communication skills necessary to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and respond to questions. capability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
demonstrated the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, decimals, and fractions, as well as calculate percentages, in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
ability to apply sales skills, including generating sales leads, delivering sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing sales. ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written, oral, or diagrammatic instructions. capability to solve problems involving a number of concrete variables in standard situations.
In order to complete required reports and employment documents, the candidate must demonstrate proficiency with word processing, property management applications (preferably Yardi and/or OneSite), and spreadsheet management software. expertise and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related purposes, including the use of Craig’s List, Google, and other search engines, as well as internet and website navigation.
Certifications and permits
- A current, valid driver’s license is required.
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- This position has no supervisory duties.
- The aforementioned characteristics of the work environment are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential duties of this job. Individuals with disabilities may be provided with reasonable accommodations in order to perform essential functions.
- In addition to working in an office, incumbents are frequently exposed to outside elements such as temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape that may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
- These requirements are representative of those that must be met by a worker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals with disabilities may be provided with reasonable accommodations in order to perform essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to use their hands to finger, type, handle, or feel objects, talk, and hear while performing the duties of this job. Frequent physical demands include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, stooping, and squatting. The employee is required to sit intermittently. The occupants must have physical access to all exterior and interior property features and amenities. must be able to operate golf carts on properties with golf carts, walk extensive distances, and climb multiple flights of stairs on a daily basis.
- Marketing Representatives must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or move up to twenty (20) pounds without assistance and up to fifty (50) pounds with assistance. This position requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust one’s focus.
- Routine local travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research, or deal with other situations essential to completing some or all of this position’s daily responsibilities.
- Local travel may be required to attend training classes or other situations deemed essential to the completion of some or all of this position’s daily responsibilities.
Knowledge of Job Essentials
- RangeWater is a workplace free of drugs and harassment. All applicants must pass a drug test and a thorough background check. RangeWater is an employer that provides equal employment opportunities and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
- I am aware that all pre-employment screening procedures adhere to federal and state employment laws. In accordance with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been extended.
- I have also been given the opportunity to ask questions about the content of this job description and have had the job duties and responsibilities, prerequisites, physical demands, and working conditions explained to me. I am able to perform the job’s essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. If I require an accommodation, I will request one from the hiring manager.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and requirements. The incumbents will adhere to any additional instructions and perform any additional duties assigned by their supervisor.
Is Leasing Consultant a good career?
One of the advantages of being a Leasing Consultant is that your pay will be proportional to the effort you put in. The majority of apartment Leasing Consultants earn competitive hourly wages in addition to commissions on sales. It allows you to control your income.
What is the job of a Leasing Consultant?
Leasing Consultants are professionals who assist landlords and property managers in locating qualified tenants for their rental properties. In addition, they assist prospective tenants with viewing tours, lease terms, and price negotiations.
What is the role of a leasing consultant?
A leasing consultant, or rental consultant, is an individual who acts on behalf of the landlord of various properties. Their main duties are assisting current tenants, arranging lease terms for new tenants, and handling rental applications and lease negotiations or renewals.