Hotel Jobs In Kuwait For Indian 2023: With extraordinary imagination, an unwavering commitment to the highest quality standards, and the most genuine and customized service, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality. Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews, and industry awards, with 127 hotels and private residences in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and more than 60 projects in development.
Four Seasons operates 38 residential properties around the world as the leader in branded residences, and 80% of the projects in our pipeline include a residential component.
Why Choose Kuwait for Hotel Jobs?
Kuwait is a unique mix of old-world Arabian charm and high-tech wealth. The country’s tourism industry has been growing quickly, which has led to a lot of new hotel construction. Because of this growth, there is a growing need for skilled people to work in a variety of hotel-related jobs.
In-Demand Hotel Job Positions
There are many different kinds of jobs in hotels in Kuwait, from working at the front desk to being a boss. Hotel managers, people who work at the front desk, chefs, housekeeping workers, and people who plan events are in high demand. Because these jobs are so different, people with different skills and experiences can find a place in Kuwait’s hotel business.
- Answers phone calls in a timely and friendly manner, using guest names whenever possible and routing calls to appropriate extensions.
- Capture sales from incoming calls about the room, spa, restaurant, and in-room dining requests. Coordinate the specifics of each reservation or request precisely.
- Run daily reports for the department, operational departments, and Sales & Marketing.
- Marketing, General Manager, and Department Head are all titles.
- Manage the e-mail inboxes for general reservations and guest communication.
- Accepts and promptly delivers mobile instant messages, wake-up calls, messages, and facsimiles.
- In accordance with Four Seasons policy, handle guest complaints.
- Make contact with guests in order to communicate and obtain pre-arrival information.
- Non-guaranteed reservations should be confirmed and/or guaranteed, and waitlisted reservations should be cleared.
- Run the necessary reports. checking for special requests or those that necessitate procedural actions, hard blocking key room assignments, and informing the
- Manager of any reservation that necessitates Special Attention.
- Assist GRS in its guest recognition efforts by pre-clearing reservations in order to identify existing return guest profiles and recognize those who require VIP or Special Attention.
- Before the guest arrives, contact the guest or travel planner to clarify any differences in preferences or requests.
- Monitor reservations made the night before by the Front Desk and Central Team, and address any recurring issues.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ sales and marketing standards while working in harmony and professionalism with coworkers and the planning committee.
- Monitors and responds to any property emergency or safety situation in accordance with the crisis management plan.
- Installs and repairs telephone, facsimile, or high-speed internet services in guest rooms or public meeting spaces.
- Follow the work rules and standards of conduct established by Four Seasons.
Assign appropriate duties as directed by management.
- Work in a professional and harmonious manner with coworkers and supervisors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Outstanding computer literacy abilities
- Previously held administrative positions
- Outstanding customer service abilities
benefits Hotel Kuwait
- Full-board shared living quarters in a high-quality, well-equipped compound
- Free nights at FS Hotels around the world
- Social and sporting events are held on a regular basis.
- Purchased home leave tickets
- Employee meals of high quality
- Traveling to and from work
- There is free Wi-Fi in the accommodations and on the employee transportation buses.
The Future of Hotel Jobs in Kuwait
As Kuwait keeps spending money on tourism and leisure, the need for skilled workers is likely to increase. The future of the industry looks bright, so now is a great time for Indian job seekers to take advantage of their chances and build a successful career.
As an Indian job seeker, going on a trip to Kuwait to work in the hotel business can be a life-changing choice. The country’s rich culture, strong economy, and busy hotel industry make it a good place for personal and professional growth. By being open to challenges and chances, you can set yourself up for a rewarding job abroad.
People Also Ask
Are hotel jobs in Kuwait only suitable for experienced professionals?
No, professionals with different levels of experience are welcome in Kuwait’s hospitality business.
How can I overcome cultural differences when working in Kuwait?
Being open-minded, respecting local practices, and making friends with people from different backgrounds can help.