Government of China Scholarships 2023-24 for International Students Without IELTS: International students may currently submit applications for China’s fully-funded scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year. Those who are interested can take advantage of the opportunity and finance their BS, MS, and Ph.D. studies at prestigious institutes in China through Chinese and provincial government scholarships with the assistance of prestigious universities.
In the meantime, eligible students can apply for these scholarships without IELTS scores using alternative tests or language proficiency certificates. However, applicants for university-sponsored scholarships for bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degrees must adhere to the language and entrance requirements and submit their applications by the deadline.
Sponsorship Package of Chinese Scholarships in 2023:
Throughout their degree program, meritorious international scholars will have access to a multitude of financial and academic benefits. In contrast, scholarship rewards and tuition grants are contingent on performance, degree programs, and grades. The financial coverage provided by China’s scholarships is as follows:
- Full Waivers of Tuition Fees for BS, MS, and Ph.D. Students
- Variable-range monthly stipends
- package of medical and health insurance
- Free lodging at the most convenient location
- Vacation Package with International Flights
- A Chinese Language Course at No Cost
- Financing for Research Programs
- contributions to English-taught programs
Fully-Funded Scholarships in China 2023-2024 Batch
This year, the following are the Chinese scholarships with the highest funding available to international students:
Scholarships from the Beijing Municipal Government
- Beijing Municipal Scholarships are the key to studying in Beijing, China, for free because they are a fully-funded program available to students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution.
- Overseas bachelor’s students will receive RMB 20,000 as a scholarship award to cover their essential expenses with monthly stipends and housing. However, IELTS scores are not required for the programs offered by the Beijing Municipal Government. Candidates studying at China Central Academy, China University of Law and Politics, etc., are eligible to apply for this scholarship with either a Chinese or English language proficiency certificate.
2# Grants from the China Scholarship Council:
- The Chinese government has made every effort to establish cordial relations with foreign nations. In partnership with a number of Chinese universities, such as Shanghai University, CSC undergraduate scholarships for international students have been announced. The respective students can access these scholarships in both Chinese and English. Applicants will also receive monthly living stipends of CNY 2,500, free housing, and tuition fee waivers.
The system for applying is online, but people who aren’t Chinese can apply for the CSC scheme through a university or an embassy with IELTS or TOEFL scores, two letters of recommendation, and a preference letter.
Scholarships from the Shanghai Government:
- SGS, which offers a free bachelor’s degree program to international students who face financial difficulties completing their undergraduate degree in China without a scholarship, is yet another exciting and valuable opportunity for international candidates. So, the Shanghai Government Scholarship is ready to help these deserving students by giving them fully-funded sponsorship packages that include medical insurance, fee waivers, monthly stipends, on-campus housing, and much more.
Applicants must be non-Chinese, under the age of 23, and in good health to meet the eligibility requirements. For this program, however, the language scores of the chosen university are accepted.
Scholarships for Peking University:
- China’s universities, like the Chinese government, play a vital role in promoting education among international students from low-income nations pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree. Peking University is also one of the institutions that provide fully-funded scholarships without IELTS scores.
Therefore, interested students can apply for the CIS schemes, China Council Scholarships, Peking Overseas Students Scholarships, and a great deal more. Currently, available benefits include travel expenses, miscellaneous costs, a monthly allowance, free housing, etc.
Scholarships at Fudan University:
- Next, we have the highly regarded Fudan University, which offers international students scholarship programs that are fully or partially funded. These students are eligible to apply for the CSC-Fudan university scholarship programs, China Development Bank scholarships, Belt and Road scholarships, Fudan Boxue scholarships, and numerous others.
Candidates must also be of sound mind and body and not be Chinese nationals. Scholarship applications must also include letters of recommendation, study plans, and personal statements. Candidates can submit IELTS or TOEFL scores of 6 bands or 90 to apply for admission and scholarships at Fudan University.
ASEAN-China Scholarship for Young Leaders (ACYLS):
- Students from ASEAN member states, such as Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Myanmar, among others, are eligible for the ACYLS program and can apply for this incredible opportunity to finance their Master’s degree in China. Students who want to join the ACYLS scheme must be under 45, in good physical and mental health, and able to show IELTS or TOEFL scores and one year of work experience.
The ASEAN scholarship is a joint program of the ASEAN Member States and the People’s Republic of China that provides a variety of attractive academic benefits, such as school and tuition fee coverage, health insurance, free housing, international airfare, and more.
MOFCOM Scholarships include:
- These fully funded MOFCOM scholarships are a collaboration between the China Scholarship Council and the Ministry of the People’s Republic of China, allowing international students to obtain fully funded Master’s degrees in China. Selected scholars will be eligible for tuition fees, survey fees, research costs, monthly stipends of RMB 36,000, medical and English-taught program allowances, and other benefits.
For MOFCOM scholarships, applicants must be at least 45 years old, have a Bachelor of Science degree, and be able to show that they can speak Chinese or English well.
Applicants may submit IELTS or alternative test scores to meet the requirements.
8# Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarships at SJTU:
SJTU accepts applications for the Shanghai Municipal Scholarships from international students with strong academic credentials, a high GPA, and work experience. Non-Chinese international students under the age of 35 with a BS degree and an HSK score of level 4 can apply for these China scholarships. They can be used for both undergraduate and graduate studies.
Candidates must not be participating in any other Chinese scholarship program while applying to Shanghai SJTU. But the SJTU Scholarship includes plane tickets, health insurance premiums, housing in a dorm, and money for living expenses.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must submit their chosen universities’ language scores.
Scholarships for China’s Belt and Road:
The prestigious Renmin University in China has announced fully-funded “Belt and Roads” scholarships for international students pursuing a Master’s degree in a variety of disciplines. Through these scholarships, students will be able to study Chinese culture and complete their master’s degrees in English-taught programs.
However, students from Belt and Road member states can only apply and submit their applications online between September and October. As scholarship prizes, the first-place winner will receive CNY 800,000, the second-place winner will receive CNY 40,000, and the third-place winner will receive CNY 20,000. In contrast, the duration of the scholarship is one year, and both IELTS and TOEFL scores are accepted.
Scholarships of ten pounds from the China University of Petroleum
According to the QS World Rankings, the China University of Petroleum is regarded as one of the best institutions in China. Moreover, this prestigious institution is well-known for awarding partially and fully-funded sponsored scholarship programs to meritorious international students who wish to pursue an MS degree at this location. Among the scholarships offered by the China Petroleum University are the Language Teachers Scholarship, the China University of Petroleum Schemes, and government-sponsored Beijing scholarships.
The eligibility requirements for each scholarship are distinct from one another. Therefore, applicants under the age of 35 who are applying for MS scholarships must review the requirements. Petroleum university scholarships, on the other hand, offer housing, monthly stipends of RMB 2,000, health coverage, and fee waivers. IELTS and TOEFL are acceptable language examinations for these grants.
CAS-TWAS CHINESE SCHOLARS NO. 11:
Through CAS-TWAS scholarships, the Chinese Academy of Science, in collaboration with the World Academy of Science, aims to assist future researchers and doctoral students in the science and technology fields with their scientific research programs. Approximately 200 applicants will be awarded this scholarship, which includes a monthly stipend of RMB 7,000 to 8,000, a travel package, living expenses, and more.
However, applicants cannot be older than 35 and must hold a Master of Science degree. Among the documents required for CAS-TWAS scholarships are a recommendation letter, a reference letter, a resume, etc. Applicants to the sponsored program must submit IELTS and TOEFL scores.
Scholarships for Silk Road Chinese Trade Unions:
By providing overseas doctoral students with fully-funded doctoral scholarships, the CTUSRS program seeks to foster a healthy relationship between the China Trade Union and other nations. It is a one-year scholarship that pays for tuition, health insurance, and a monthly stipend, among other things, so that students can learn Chinese.
Applicants from countries other than the People’s Republic of China must be under 45 years old, have relevant work experience, and be in good mental and physical health. IELTS scores are not necessary, but you must submit a CV with a letter of recommendation, academic transcripts, a study plan, etc.
13# Tianjin University Scholarships
The next university on our list is Tianjin University, a well-known institution in China that offers a variety of degree programs in diverse fields to deserving international applicants. Potential candidates planning to earn a Ph.D. from this institute under a scholarship program can apply for the following scholarships with commendable academic coverage: the International Student Scholarship, the CGS-Bilateral Program, the Chinese Government Sponsored Scheme, the ASEAN Scholarship, and many others.
Each scholarship’s eligibility requirements may differ. However, candidates without language proficiency documentation may submit TOEFL and IELTS scores.
14# Academic Awards at East China Normal University:
East China Normal University is another reputable institution known for providing doctoral students in China who cannot afford to pay for their education with financial aid. East China University has announced a variety of scholarships, such as joint research Ph.D. fellowships, Confucius scholarships, excellent degree scholarships, etc., in order to assist these students from disadvantaged financial backgrounds.
However, winners will receive an unlimited amount of benefits to cover their personal and academic expenses until the completion of their degree.
Scholarships at the University of Nanjing, 2023-2024:
Last but not least is Nanjing University, where students from any state are encouraged to pursue their dreams and receive tuition-free education through sponsored scholarship programs. Numerous scholarships, such as the Confucius China Studies Program, Nanjing Municipal Scholarship, Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship, etc., are available to students desiring to pursue doctoral studies at Nanjing University without worrying about finances.
In the meantime, meritorious candidates are eligible for scholarships with valuable benefits. For Nanjing scholarships, however, IELTS, DET, and TOEFL are acceptable language tests.
Scholarships from ANSO:
China’s USTC, UCAS, and CAS institutes offer fully-funded ANSO scholarship programs for international Ph.D. students. This program is a golden opportunity for young scholars and researchers to conduct research in China. The scholarship lasts for about 48 months and gives scholars unlimited benefits, such as fee waivers, monthly stipends, round-trip airfare, health coverage, application fee waivers, etc.
According to the eligibility requirements for ANSO Ph.D. scholarships, non-Chinese students must have been born after January 1, 1993, and they cannot be recipients of any other scholarship while applying to this program. However, IELTS, TOEFL, or English language certificates suffice to demonstrate English language proficiency.
17# Fellowships at the Confucius Institute:
- The valuable, fully-funded Confucius Institute Scholarship is a program established by the Confucius Institute and Chinese universities for foreign students. This scholarship aims to promote the Chinese language and culture among students seeking BS degrees from Chinese institutions. For students pursuing a bachelor’s degree, the scholarship period for this fully funded program is four years.
Undergraduate CIS programs are, however, open to non-Chinese applicants with a strong GPA and stable health who are younger than 20 years old. In the meantime, IELTS and TOEFL scores can be used to demonstrate language proficiency.
The benefits of the CIS schemes for undergraduate degrees include full tuition waivers, housing, monthly living allowances of RMB 2,500, and medical insurance.