Peking University (CSC) Scholarships: It’s time to submit applications to Peking University’s international student office for Chinese government scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year. Local and international undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for Peking University Scholarships in 2023 and 2024. Apply for Chinese Government Scholarships at Peking University in 2023 if you wish to study abroad for free without having to submit an IELTS score as part of the application process.
In an effort to promote cultural exchange and Chinese universities, the Chinese government annually awards international students with scholarships. The Peking University CSC scholarship is a prestigious Chinese award available to both undergraduate and graduate students. It can be taken in a variety of fields, but English or Chinese must be the language of instruction.
List of China Scholarships Available at Peking University
If you are interested in applying for Peking University Scholarships, please consider applying for one of the following China Government Scholarships:
- Scholarship Program for Future Asian Leaders (AFLSP)
- Scholarships from Peking University (PKUS)
- China Government CSC Scholarships at Peking Confucius Institute Scholarships at Peking
- Peking Scholarship from the Beijing Municipal Government
What’s Covered Under Peking University Scholarships in China?
The recipient of any fully-funded Chinese scholarship at Peking University is eligible to receive a monthly stipend in CNY, accommodation in the university’s dormitory, an allocation of a one-time settlement allowance with monthly paid stipends, free laboratory, library, and sports complex entrance upon successful admission to the university, health insurance, and funding for conference participation and similar activities.
Application Procedure for Peking University Scholarships in 2023:
The University of Peking offers five distinct types of scholarships with varying application procedures. You should apply for each scholarship according to the instructions outlined on their respective websites (application page link down below this article). Nonetheless, if you wish to apply for the CSC Scholarship at Peking University, the complete application process is outlined below.
If a potential applicant for the Peking University CSC scholarship has a letter of acceptance from a professor at a Chinese university, the candidate’s chances of receiving the CSC scholarship increase significantly. Students are not required to receive an admission letter; this is merely a ruse. The application process for the Peking University CSC scholarship program via the CSC online platform is outlined in full below.
- From the Scholarships Page of the Peking University Portal (link provided below), locate the CSC Scholarships in the scholarship section of the Peking University website.
- Commence filling out an online application through the CSC’s scholarship application portal.
- You are required to submit two applications at this time: one on the Peking University website for admission and the other on the CSC Scholarship Portal for scholarship requests.
- Fill in the blanks on the provided admission and scholarship application form.
- Choose category B for CSC scholarship eligibility.
- Select Peking University and enter its agency number from the drop-down menu.
- Submit the CSC application, and then download the form you have submitted for your own use.
- Gather all of the required attachments.
- If you need to send in an application form for Peking University, please do so and also download its PDF version.
- Determine whether Peking University has an application fee. If so, it has been submitted.
- Include all supporting documentation with the downloaded application form.
- Send the documents to the foreign student office at Peking University.
- Wait on the Peking University website for scholarship results from the CSC.
Again, if the candidate already has a letter of acceptance from a professor at the university of his or her choice, there is a greater likelihood that the candidate will be chosen.
How to complete the CSC Scholarship application form for Peking University:
- Create a personal profile or account on the CSC’s website.
- Complete the provided online application form.
- If you wish to apply to multiple universities in order to increase your chances of being accepted, you should create additional accounts in your name.
- Take note of the agency number of the college to which you are applying or wish to gain admission.
- Include this agency number on the application form.
- According to your level of education, choose the CSC scholarship category you wish to receive.
- The remaining details must be filled in.
- Submit the form.
- After submission, you can download the CSC Scholarship form.
How to Submit the Necessary Documents for the CSC Scholarship:
- Details about each document that must be sent with the application form are listed on the online platform for the scholarship.
- For your convenience, here is a list of documents that all universities require: at least two recommendation letters; all previous degrees; transcripts; a scholarship application form for CSC; an attested copy of the passport; a study plan for graduate students; an SOP (statement of purpose) from undergraduate applicants; a research plan or proposal from potential Ph.D. candidates; and an acceptance letter (preferably IELTS or TOEFL).
- Check to see if the university you want to attend needs a separate application on top of the CSC application form.
- If you don’t have to send in a separate application, just send the CSC form and the other documents to the university.
- If the university needs an early application or wants to look at your documents online before they get the hard copies, submit the documents online along with your application.
- On the application form, there will be a section asking for the name of the scholarship sponsor or guarantor; write “CSC Scholarship” in that space.
- Before submitting your application, conduct a final review.
- Apply for the position. Also, submit your documents to the international students’ office of your chosen college or university.
Application Deadline at Peking University: April 30, 2023
Please submit your application for admission to Peking University on a Chinese scholarship by April 30, 2023. Ensure that you submit verifiable copies of all of your degrees and transcripts on the CSC Scholarship website as well as the university website (in case the university wants you to submit a separate application).
The importance of documents such as a cover letter, study plan, statement of purpose, and research proposal cannot be overstated. All levels require at least one of the aforementioned documents. Ensure that you prepare these documents with added care.
Consult the Chinese Embassy for a student visa to study in China once the scholarship has been awarded. After obtaining the visa, you will be prepared to embark on your educational journey in China.