Front Desk Supervisor Jobs in USA at AdventHealth: Our mission at AdventHealth is to Extend Christ’s Healing Ministry. It invites us to be His hands and feet, making others feel whole. Ours is a hopeful story about healing and restoring the body, mind, and spirit. Our over 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, and hospice centers are dedicated to providing individualized, comprehensive care.
The Role of a Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Supervisors are in charge of how the front desk area of health care facilities runs on a daily basis. They are in charge of checking in patients, setting up appointments, answering questions, and directing the front desk staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
Managing Patient Check-ins
Front Desk Supervisors make sure that checking in patients is done quickly and correctly. They check information about patients, keep notes up-to-date, and give the necessary paperwork.
Scheduling appointments is a crucial part of the role. Front Desk Supervisors work with patients to find suitable appointment times, coordinate with healthcare providers, and manage the appointment calendar.
Front Desk Supervisors address patient inquiries, whether in person, over the phone, or via email. They provide information about services, directions, and general inquiries.
Supervising Front Desk Staff
Front Desk Supervisors are in charge of the front desk team and do administrative work as well. They give advice, watch over training, and make sure the team follows the rules.
Details About Front Desk Supervisor Jobs in USA at AdventHealth
All the benefits and perks you and your family require:
- Day One Benefits Paid Days
- Day One Benefits: Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
Our promise to you is that joining AdventHealth means becoming a part of something bigger. It’s about being a part of a community that believes in the wholeness of each individual and works to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally while also growing spiritually by Extending Christ’s Healing Ministry. Where you will be valued for who you are and what you bring to our mission-driven team. All the while knowing that we are stronger together.
|Location:||Lake Mary, FL 32746, 755 Rinehart Rd., Suite 200|
The community for which you will be responsible:
In over 40 specialties, more than 800 physicians, 450+ advanced practice providers, and 2,600 clinical and support staff provide a wide range of medical and surgical services to patients.
AdventHealth Medical Group Central Florida has over 200 locations and serves over one million patients per year with compassionate, multidisciplinary care.
AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL has been in operation since 1994 and has demonstrated consistent growth and stability in an ever-changing healthcare market.
Your contribution will be as follows: The Front Desk Supervisor is in charge of greeting, instructing, directing, and scheduling patients and visitors. Acts as a liaison between the patient and the medical support staff.
The contribution you will make to the team:
- Directs the work of the file clerk(s), receptionist(s), referral coordinator(s), and appointment scheduler(s).
- Keeps all front-office staff informed of any insurance or policy changes.
- Creates the monthly schedule for all front-office personnel to ensure complete coverage. This must be completed by the third week of each month and submitted to the Office manager or staff before being posted.
- Provides coverage for the front desk in the event of a vacation.
- Assumes responsibility or delegated duties to cover for absent front desk staff.
- In the absence of data Entry staff, ensure that daily charges are entered.
- Must be willing to float to other AHMG practices when patient load, vacation schedules, and other factors necessitate it.
- To ensure smooth operations, report potential problems to the Office Manager.
The knowledge and experiences you’ll need to succeed include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of business office procedures.
- Capable of typing 40 words per minute accurately.
- Ability to form and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and members of the general public.
- Experience coordinating referrals is preferred.
- 2 years of front-desk medical office experience is preferred, as is some leadership experience.
This facility is an equal-opportunity employer and abides by anti-discrimination laws, regulations, and ordinances at the federal, state, and local levels.
Jobs as a Front Desk Supervisor at AdventHealth are a great way to get into the healthcare field. With the chance to move up in your career, earn a fair salary, and make a positive difference in the lives of patients, this role is a rewarding and exciting career opportunity.
People Also Ask
Is Prior Experience Required?
Even though knowledge is helpful, many places offer training for people who want to become Front Desk Supervisors.
What Does a Front Desk Supervisor Do?
A Front Desk Supervisor is in charge of the front desk area and makes sure that patients, meetings, questions, and staff are all taken care of.