BIOTECH GREENHOUSES LTD., located at BOX 87, 202 – 9th Street NE, Redcliff, AB T0J 2P0, is seeking self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills for the position of Vegetable farm laborer. The successful individual will be needed to begin work as soon as feasible. The postings about Permanent or Full-time work. The shift schedule consists of Day, Weekend, Early Morning, and Morning shifts.
Details About Vegetable Farmworker Jobs in Canada
- Employer Name: BIOTECH GREENHOUSES LTD.
- Designation: Vegetable Farm Worker
- Number of Vacancies: 15
- Salary: $15.65 per hour 30 to 52 hours per week
- Type of Employment: Permanent Employment, Full Time
- Location: BOX 87, 202 – 9th Street NE, Redcliff, AB T0J 2P0
Description of Vegetable Farmworker Jobs in Canada:
- The candidate will be responsible for crop cleaning.
- The candidate is responsible for clipping.
- The applicant is responsible for deleting.
- The applicant will be responsible for cleaning the greenhouse.
- The candidate is responsible for lowering.
- Candidate must grow, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for camera positioning.
- The candidate is responsible for tying.
- The candidate is responsible for the wedding.
- The candidate will be responsible for crop harvesting.
- The candidate would be expected to perform product quality inspections and market preparations.
Requirements for Vegetable Farmworker Jobs in Canada
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- There are no typical educational prerequisites, such as a bachelor’s degree, certificate, or certification.
- The successful candidate will receive training.
Benefits of Vegetable Farmworker Jobs in Canada
- Employment Security: The agriculture sector is an indispensable industry that supports Canada’s economy by supplying critical food and agricultural commodities. Being indispensable to the effective administration of vegetable farms, positions as farmworkers provide stability and security.
- Seasonal Employment Opportunities: Seasonal employment opportunities are frequently available to vegetable farmworkers, allowing individuals to supplement their income by working during prime growing seasons.
- Competitive Compensation: Vegetable farmworkers generally receive competitive remuneration, particularly during periods of heightened labor demand such as peak harvest. In addition to experience, skill level, and farm location, wages may fluctuate.
- Practical Knowledge: Vegetable farmworker positions afford individuals the opportunity to gain practical knowledge in a variety of vegetable production processes, such as planting, cultivating, harvesting, and packaging. Agricultural enthusiasts and those aspiring to pursue horticulture-related professions may find this experience to be beneficial.
- Work Environment: Vegetable farmworkers are allowed to engage in physical labor tasks in natural environments, thereby benefiting from the refreshing air and sunlight. Those who appreciate outdoor work environments and connecting with nature may find this alluring.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: To complete tasks efficiently and effectively, vegetable farmworkers frequently collaborate with other farm workers, supervisors, and farm proprietors.
- Opportunities for Skill Development: A variety of agricultural skills can be acquired through employment on a vegetable farm, including the operation of farm machinery, the recognition of crop pests and diseases, and the implementation of sustainable farming methods.
- Community Engagement: Farmworkers have the opportunity to interact with local residents, support local economies, and participate in community events and activities, as vegetable farms are frequently situated in rural areas.
- Establishing Industry Connections: Employment as a vegetable farmworker offers prospects for cultivating relationships within the agriculture sector, encompassing networking with agricultural suppliers, producers, and industry experts. These connections may prove advantageous in terms of future employment prospects and career progression.
- Contribution to Food Security: Vegetable farmworkers make a significant contribution to food security and sustainability through their active involvement in the cultivation of nourishing vegetables intended for both domestic and international consumption. Their contributions aid in satisfying the increasing market demand for locally sourced, fresh produce.
- The type of farm operation is a blend of fruit and vegetable production.
- The applicant must have the ability to work at heights.
- The individual must have the ability to work in wet/humid and hot environments.
Types of Plants
- The harvest consists of tomatoes.
Conditions de travail and Physical Capabilities
- The individual must be able to operate well in a fast-paced, hectic setting.
- The candidate must complete the assignment within the allotted time frame.
- The candidate should be frequently needed to complete repetitious activities.
- The candidate must be needed to routinely carry big loads as part of their duties.
- The applicant must be able to do physically demanding tasks as part of their everyday duties.
- The candidate should be detail-oriented.
- The candidate must be able to differentiate between different hues.
- The candidate must be willing to sit, stand, and stroll for extended periods of time.
- The applicant must be willing to stand for long periods of time.
- The individual must be able to walk long distances.
- The candidate must be willing to bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time.
How to Apply for Vegetable Farmworker Jobs in Canada
If you are interested in applying, please use one of the options provided.
Submit The Application By Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are Canadian farmers in demand?
For the years 2022-2024, general agricultural laborers (NOC 8431) in Ontario should have favorable employment prospects. The following elements played a role in this outlook: A modest number of new positions will be created as a result of employment growth. There won’t be many openings because of retirements.
How much do vegetable farmers make in Canada?
How much does a farm worker make in Canada? The average farm worker’s salary in Canada is $30,105 per year or $15.44 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $27,300 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $40,950 per year.
How do I work on a farm in Canada?
It is possible to enter farm work as a laborer without training. However, those who wish to go further with their careers will need a diploma or degree in plant sciences or related subjects such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding, tree pruning, and pesticide application.