If you are contemplating establishing a new existence and making the United States your permanent residence, the US EB3 Visa may be the way to go. An annual influx of EB-3 visas is issued, enabling professionals, menial laborers, and skilled laborers from around the globe to establish permanent residence and employment in the United States.
This comprehensive guide will outline the US EB3 Work Visa Procedure for 2024. Who is eligible to apply, what documents are required, the application fee and the reasons why this visa may be your best option will be discussed.
Understanding the US EB3 Immigrant Visa
The EB3 Visa provides the opportunity for permanent employment and residence in the United States; however, it is not without its requirements. You must first obtain a full-time employment offer from an employer in the United States. Let’s examine the three categories of the EB3 Visa in greater detail:
1. Skilled Workers EB3 Visa
To be eligible for the Skilled Worker EB3 Visa, applicants must possess a minimum of two years of relevant work experience, education, or training. Additionally, a legitimate job offer from an employer in the United States and a labor certification that has received approval from the US Department of Labor is necessary.
2. Professionals EB3 Visa
EB3 Visa applicants who are professionals are required to furnish evidence of successfully concluding a bachelor’s degree in the United States or an equivalent degree from a foreign country. Similar to skilled laborers, professionals must possess a valid employment offer from an employer in the United States and labor certification approval from the Department of Labor USA.
3. Unskilled Workers EB3 Visa
“Other workers,” also known as unskilled laborers, are exempt from the requirement of two years of prior work experience. Conversely, they ought to exhibit proficiency in carrying out menial labor. A valid employment offer from a U.S. employer and labor certification approval are also requirements for this category.
US EB3 Work Visa Process – Step-by-Step Guide
Having established the eligibility requirements, we shall now delve into the procedural intricacies of the EB3 Visa application:
Step 1: Labor Certification (By Employer)
The process commences when your potential employer in the United States obtains a sanction for labor certification from the Department of Labor.
Step 2: File a Petition (By Employer)
On your behalf, your employer files Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, once the labor certification has been obtained.
Step 3: Immigrant Visa Application
The final stage, following receipt of the approved labor certification and Form I-140, is to complete the online DS-260 Form, which serves as the application for a US immigrant visa.
Step 4: Book an Appointment
Schedule a meeting at the US Embassy located near your country in order to continue the process of applying for a visa.
Step 5: Interview
Attend the embassy interview, where you will be required to answer queries and present all required documents. Visa-related determinations will be implemented after the interview.
Documents Required for the EB3 Visa Application:
For the application process to run smoothly, you will require the following documents:
- Possession of a legitimate international passport that is at least six months old.
- Photographs in passport size that comply with US visa requirements
- A certificate of birth.
- Documents of academic qualification
- Payment records for taxes.
- An employer-made employment offer.
- Identification issued by the government (such as a driver’s license)
- A certification issued by the United States Department of Labor.
- Filing of completed documents.
- Documents of medical examinations
EB3 Visa Costs:
You and your employer are jointly responsible for the following costs:
- Application for Immigration: $700 (employer-paid).
- Application for an Immigrant Visa (Form DS-260): $325 (Applicant’s Payment)
- Vaccinations and a medical examination (costs vary)
- Consult the Fees for Visa Services for current information regarding Department of State services.
Check Also: Visa Sponsorship Recruitment Agencies USA 2023
Benefits of US EB3 Work Visa Process:
- Residency permanently: An important advantage of the EB-3 visa is that it qualifies the possessor for lawful permanent residency (green card) as an immigrant. This grants the holder permanent residency and employment authorization in the United States.
- Employment Opportunities: The EB-3 visa offers foreign workers of diverse skill levels, such as professionals, expert laborers, and other laborers, the chance to obtain employment in the United States.
- Encouragement of Family Inclusion: In most cases, EB-3 visa applicants are permitted to enlist their spouse and unmarried children below the age of 21 as accompanying individuals to the United States of America.
- Capacity to Switch Employers: In contrast to some nonimmigrant work visas that impose an employer-specific obligation, the EB-3 visa provides greater flexibility. Generally, an individual can change employers without repercussions on their immigration status after obtaining a green card.
- Obtaining Social Services: As lawful permanent residents, EB-3 visa holders are eligible for education and healthcare, among other social services and benefits available to U.S. citizens.
- The Way to Acquire U.S. Citizenship: If the conditions are met, EB-3 visa holders who have held a green card for a minimum of five years may be eligible to file for U.S. citizenship.
- Travel Adaptability: EB-3 visa holders are granted greater freedom of movement into and out of the United States compared to holders of specific nonimmigrant visas. Nevertheless, prolonged absences may affect the green card status.
- Labor Certification Not Necessary for Certain Positions: The labor certification process (PERM) may be waived in specific circumstances for candidates seeking employment in particular occupations, thereby optimizing the application procedure.
The US EB3 Visa, in summary, represents a favorable pathway for individuals in pursuit of permanent residency in the United States. By possessing the appropriate credentials, a legitimate job offer, and a comprehensive comprehension of the application procedure, one can gain entry to a fresh existence in the United States. Visit the official website of the United States Department of State for further details and initiate the process of realizing your American aspirations.
People Also Ask:
How long does EB-3 take to process?
The whole EB3 Green Card processing time may take anywhere from 1 to 3 years. However, applicants from certain countries may wait up to 6 years because of the annual visa cap. By paying an additional fee of $1,410, your sponsor can shorten your EB3 Visa processing time.
Is an EB3 visa easy to get?
The EB-3 visa is a third-preference employment-based green card for skilled, professional, or other workers. The EB-3 visa requirements are somewhat less stringent than the EB-1 and EB-2. As a result, the wait often takes more time.
Can EB-3 be rejected?
212(a)(5)(A) EB-3 Refusals This is one of the most “popular” visa refusal categories, with thousands of skilled, unskilled, and professional workers denied immigrant visas by consular officers each year under Section 212(a)(5)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. But it shouldn’t be so.