Uganda Press Photo Award 2023-24: This year’s Uganda Press Photo Award’s theme is “BEYOND THE HEADLINES.” Frequently, the daily headline does not cover everything. Numerous underreported stories exist at the core of livelihoods, development, human rights, aid, climate change, and social innovation, among others.
Through this theme, the Uganda Press Photo Award 2023 aims to provide photojournalists and documentary photographers in Uganda with a platform to introduce viewers to diverse stories through photo essays. Through their creative voices, they will delve deeper into the most pressing issues of our time and present thought-provoking photo essays of Uganda’s shifting economic, political, social, and technological landscape.
They hope to inspire photographers to reflect on more nuanced subjects and events and unleash their storytelling abilities. Images may be submitted on any subject so long as they relate to the theme and at least fifty percent were created within the past year.
- The winner receives UGX 3,000,000 in cash and additional prizes.
Check Also: Guide to Wells Fargo Routing Numbers
Eligibility for Uganda Press Photo Award 2023-24
- The contest is restricted to Ugandan citizens who are at least 18 years old.
- All photographs must have been taken between August 1, 2021, and August 1, 2023, and must be submitted by August 1, 2023. This will be verified through EXIF data.
- Each participant may submit up to two works. A minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 photographs should be submitted for each work.
Technical Guidelines for Uganda Press Photo Award 2023-24
- Only digital photographs will be permitted. The photographs should not contain any watermarks, identifying marks, or author names.
- Ensure that each submitted photograph has a printable copy saved as a jpg of the highest quality, 300 dpi, and a minimum of 3000 pixels on the longer side.
- Digitally altered photographs that exceed standard optimization will not be accepted. Only minor modifications are permitted. The event organizers reserve the right to request unedited photographs.
- Every photograph must have a caption (a brief description of who, what, where, when, and why). No more than fifty words per image Include the date and location of the photograph’s first publication in the EXIF data and metadata.
- Remember that the theme for this year’s Uganda Press Photo Award is “Beyond the headlines,’ so all images submitted must correspond with this theme.
How To Apply for Uganda Press Photo Award 2023-24?
For more information, visit Uganda Press Photo Award.
People Also Ask
What is the highest photography award?
In 1968, it was replaced by two photojournalism awards: the Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography and the “Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography,” which was renamed the Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News Photography in 2000.
What makes a photograph award-winning?
Award-winning photographs combine a strong or unusual composition with interesting lighting to great effect, allowing the viewer to zero in on the main subject without distractions.