Sweden Job Seeker Visa 2023 – Apply Now
Sweden Job Seeker Visa 2023: You must have filed for a work visa before visiting Sweden if you wish to work. You can apply online or in person at a Swedish embassy or consulate general in the country where you presently reside.
Seasonal work of fewer than 90 days requires both a work permit and a Sweden visa.
Do You Need a Visa to Work in Sweden?
Foreigners from visa-required countries must get a work permit if they wish to work in Sweden.
To work in Sweden, citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland do not require a work visa.
A work permit is not necessary if the following conditions are met:
- You hold a permanent resident visa.
- You have a residency permit for the purpose of studying.
- You need a special permit to work as a researcher.
- You are an asylum seeker with an AT-UND (exemption from the requirement to carry a work permit).
- You are a European Union citizen.
Requirements for a Sweden Work Visa
The following are the prerequisites for acquiring a work visa in Sweden:
- A valid passport is required.
- A work offer/contract is required.
- You must have been paid in accordance with Swedish collective agreements.
- You must have been offered a job that will provide you with at least 1220€ (SEK 13,000) a month.
- Your company is required to provide health, life, employment, and pension insurance.
Read More: Australia Opens Permanent Residency Permit To All | VISA 186
How to Apply for a Work Visa in Sweden?
There are two ways you can apply for a Sweden work visa:
- At the embassy or consulate-general.
Online applications are simpler and increase the likelihood of a prompt decision on your application. The following steps are included in the online application process for a work visa in Sweden:
- Receive a job offer. You must receive an employment offer from a Swedish employer before applying for a work permit. Before offering you the job, the business must have advertised it in Sweden, the EU/EEA, and Switzerland for ten days.
- The application is started by the employer. By completing a job offer, your business should commence the application for a work visa. Your employer will require personal information from you, such as your name, date of birth, citizenship, education, and email address.
- You will receive an email. You will receive an email with instructions on how to apply for a work permit once your employer has finished the job offer. If you want to bring your family to Sweden, you should apply for their permits at the same time you apply for your own.
- Documents should be attached. Copies of your passport pages and a power of attorney must be submitted with your application. These documents should be photographed or scanned.
- Pay and send in your application. The application fee can be paid using a Visa or Mastercard. After you have paid the fee, you should submit the application.
- You and your employer will both receive an email confirming that your application has been filed.
- Processing time for the application. After you have submitted all of the required information and papers, the Swedish Migration Agency will make a decision on your application. If you include all of the required information in your application, the processing time will be reduced.
- Information is required for a residence permit card. If you are granted permission for more than 90 days, you will be given a residency permit card. The residence card verifies your right to stay in Sweden and includes information such as fingerprints and pictures.
- Receiving a response. The application decision will be emailed to you and your employer. You will also need to bring your passport.
Follow these steps to apply at an embassy or consulate-general.
- Schedule an appointment. Before visiting the embassy or consulate-general, make an appointment with the embassy.
- Complete the application form. Fill out the work permit application form and sign it at the end. The application form includes instructions on what you’ll need.
- Please provide any required documentation. Along with your application, you need also to send the following documents:
- Job offer (professional athletes/coaches are exempt).
- Opinion from the relevant union (professional athletes/coaches are exempt).
- Make duplicates of your passport pages.
- Fill out the application form and send it to a Swedish embassy or consulate-general. Send the application form to the Swedish embassy or consulate general in the country where you live. If you are unable to apply in your home country, you should seek out the nearest embassy or consulate-general in a neighboring nation.
- Wait for a response. You will receive an email informing you of the embassy’s decision on your application.
Sweden Work Visa Processing Time
The processing period for a Sweden work visa is determined by the industry in which you intend to work. Cleaning, agriculture and forestry, vehicle repair, and other businesses might take anything from two to twelve months.
The clock starts ticking the moment you submit your application to the Swedish Migration Agency or a Swedish consulate general.
How Much Does the Sweden Work Visa Cost?
A charge of 190€ is required to apply for a work visa. After paying the fee, you must print the payment receipt and submit it with your application. The table below indicates the fees you must pay according to your occupation.
|Athlete or coach|
|Working holiday visa for young people|
|Trainee (through an international exchange program or agreement)|
Sweden work visa fee can be paid:
- At an embassy or consulate-general
- To bankgiro
Who Is Exempt From Paying the Fee?
There is no application fee for Japanese citizens applying for work visas.
How to Get a Residence Permit for Work in Sweden?
Employees who are working in Sweden after obtaining a work permit may apply for a work-related residence permit provided they meet the following criteria:
- You have spent the last seven years working in Sweden for a total of four years.
- As an employee or self-employed individual, you can support yourself financially.
- You must return to your previous workplace and profession.
A residency permit application can be submitted online or at the Swedish embassy.
Can I Bring My Family With Me?
Yes, you can bring your family to Sweden if you have a work permit. Your family members can apply for a residence permit for the same duration as you. If they are granted a residence permit for more than six months, they may also be granted a work permit. Your family expects you or your partner to provide financial support for them.
The candidate who works in Sweden should include his or her family in their online application. Family members include the following people:
- Spouse (wife/husband)
- Cohabiting partner,
- Registered partner
- Unmarried children under the age of 21.
The following fees apply to family members of anyone seeking or having a work permit:
|Children younger than 18 (minors)||€75|
Duration of the Sweden Job Seeker Visa
If you obtain a work permit, it will be valid for only 12 months (one year), not more or less.
People Also Ask
How Long Can I Work in Sweden With a Visa?
A work permit is valid for a period of two years. It is usually valid for the life of your employment but not for any longer than the validity of your passport.
What If I Do Not Have a Job Offer?
You must receive a job offer from your company to be eligible for a work permit in Sweden.
If you do not have a job offer in Sweden, you can start looking for work on your own.
Individuals with a residence permit for higher education studies in Sweden can apply for a residence permit to hunt for work or explore the possibility of starting their own business in Sweden after completing their studies.
How to Apply for a Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
The application for a job seeker visa can be submitted: