Hospital Service Manager Jobs at Active Prospects UK 2023: Active Prospects in the United Kingdom is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Hospital Service Manager to join our team. As Hospital Service Manager, you will be responsible for supervising the delivery of high-quality care and support services to hospitalized individuals with complex needs. Your responsibilities will include managing personnel, coordinating service delivery, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
|Job Positions:||Hospital Service Manager|
|Job Location:||Surrey, RH1, UK|
|Job Type:||Full Time Permanent-Part-time|
|Salary:||£40513.00 to £43260.00 per year|
|Education||Learning Disability and Autism (Behaviours of concern & complex care)|
|Experience||1-2 Years of Experience|
- Supervise the daily operations of the hospital service, ensuring the delivery of person-centered care and assistance.
- Develop and implement service policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure service delivery effectiveness and efficiency.
- Monitor service performance, outcomes, and client satisfaction, and make necessary adjustments.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to integrate and coordinate service delivery.
Staff Management and Development:
- Recruit, instruct, and manage a team of healthcare professionals and support personnel.
- Promote a positive and collaborative workplace by providing leadership, direction, and ongoing supervision to the staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations, identify training needs, and provide professional development opportunities.
- Staff culture should emphasize teamwork, accountability, and continuous learning.
Care Coordination and Planning:
- Assess the specific needs and requirements of service recipients, then develop and implement comprehensive care plans.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure the delivery of coordinated, patient-centered care.
- Monitor the execution of care plans to ensure that services meet the needs and objectives of service recipients.
- Conduct routine reviews and evaluations of care plans and make necessary adjustments.
Quality Assurance and Compliance:
- Ensure adherence to regulatory policies, standards, and procedures.
- Conduct audits and inspections to ensure the quality and security of the services provided.
- Identify improvement opportunities and take corrective action to address any deficiencies.
- Maintain regulatory compliance by working with external agencies, such as the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Manage the hospital service’s budget, ensuring effective resource utilization and cost control.
- Monitor financial performance, evaluate expenditures, and implement strategies to meet financial objectives.
- Develop and monitor financial plans and forecasts in conjunction with the finance team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior managerial experience in a healthcare or social care setting, preferably in a hospital or comparable setting
- A professional credential in health or social care administration is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of regulatory requirements, quality standards, and best practices for the delivery of healthcare services.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and cultivate a diverse team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the capacity to establish productive relationships with staff, service users, and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the IT systems and software utilized in healthcare administration
- Knowledge of person-centered approaches and dedication to promoting service users’ independence and dignity.
- As required, the ability to work evenings and weekends and participate in on-call duties
As a Hospital Service Manager at Active Prospects, you will have the opportunity to lead a dedicated team, ensure the delivery of high-quality care, and positively impact the lives of individuals with complex needs.
By Email: -firstname.lastname@example.org