The UK started giving out 5,000 short-term temporary cards in the fall of 2021 to help the food and fuel industries get more HGV drivers. As part of this plan, a brief exception was made for HGV drivers from countries that don’t require visas to be able to work at the border. The British government said there was a lack of 100,000 drivers, according to the New York Times.
The UK government has taken the job of HGV truck driver off the list of skilled work visa occupations since last year. Still, there are some companies that will hire foreign truck drivers or at least help them get a visa. Truck drivers make a good wage—between £11 and £18 an hour—and get a lot of other perks as well.
Growing Demand for HGV Truck Drivers
The UK has a big problem with not having enough HGV drivers, which is making more people want to hire trained professionals. New statistics show that there is a big gap between the number of open jobs and the number of people who can fill them. This shortage is caused by a number of things, such as an older workforce, problems related to Brexit, and the COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on the supply chain.
Visa Sponsorship: A Game-Changer
Visa funding changes everything for people who don’t live in the UK but want to become HGV drivers. Employers know how important it is to hire skilled and committed people from all over the world, and visa sponsorship is a way for both parties to benefit. It not only lets people from other countries legally work in the UK, but it also fills a critical need for qualified drivers in the business.
Details of HGV Truck Driver Jobs in UK
- Job title: Heavy Good Vehicles Truck Driver/ Truck Driver
- Job country: UK.
- Job Industry: Transport.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: High
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: 18-onwards.
- Free Food: Mostly No.
- Free Accommodation: No.
- Free Medical Insurance: Mostly Yes.
- Free Transport: No.
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes/ No.
- Salary: between £11-18
- The person applying must be at least 18 years old.
- Be able to drive a car.
- You can become a professional driver by getting the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
- Take five tests and pass all of them to get a full driver’s license.
- Driving a truck and knowing the rules of the road in the area.
- Many employers don’t set a minimum level of schooling. But some might want at least GCSES or something similar.
- The person applying must speak English well. If your boss doesn’t support you, you’ll need to take the IELTS test to get a skilled worker visa.
- Different employers have different needs when it comes to experience. It could be anywhere from seven months to five years, though.
- To get a visa and work as a truck driver, you must meet all the standards.
How can I become a free HGV Driver in UK?
You can choose one of these ways to learn how to drive a heavy goods vehicle: A skilled boot camp, B an apprenticeship, C vocational courses, and D driving school courses are some of the options. Skill Boot Camp is the simplest way to get there. It’s a free school that lasts up to 16 weeks. But you can take all of these classes in the UK. That is why you have to be in the UK, and you can do this through any visa and stay route.
Benefits of HGV Truck Driver Jobs in the UK
- There is no need for high-level qualifications.
- Pay packages that look good, like £11 to £15 an hour.
- Full-time job with the possibility of working extra hours.
- The UK needs truck drivers badly, so there are a lot of job possibilities.
- Extra benefits for workers, which change from employer to employer, such as free bus rides for the worker and his family, free uniforms, apprenticeship courses, Christmas courses, free parking, laundry service, and more.
- Some companies offer transportation help, like bike-to-work programs or programs that pay for bikes.
- Paid annual leave and breaks are an important part of UK labor law.
- Almost all employers review your pay every year and give you a bonus every year.
UK Truck Driver Visa Scheme: Online Application form
The UK Government’s Department of Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy created the UK Truck Driver Visa Scheme in 2021 and renewed it in 2023. It is now called the UK Truck Driver Visa Scheme 2023 and was created to help the food processing industry in the UK find more truck and lorry drivers when there aren’t enough locals. The UK government said it would give out 10,500 3-month work passes under this plan. The exact requirements for eligibility and the type of visa that will work for this program have not been released yet. The visas are likely to fall under the T5 Temporary Worker group, though.
How to Apply for HGV Truck Driver Jobs in the UK with Visa Sponsorship?
- You can go to the official job search website by clicking on the link below. Then, use the button below the job description to apply.
- If you want to cut down your job search results, you can also use the search box and the location box. You could type in “HGV Truck Driver for foreigners/with visa sponsorship”, “Truck Driver Jobs in the UK for Working Holiday Workers”, “Driver Jobs in the UK for foreigners with visa sponsorship”, or “Driver Jobs Food Processing Industry UK for foreigners / Lorry Driver Jobs UK with visa sponsorship”.
- In the location bar right below the search bar, type the name of the UK place you want to search in. This will narrow down your search results and make them more accurate.
- There’s a good chance that your company will notice how your CV or resume and cover letter are laid out and presented if you keep them up to date with the latest market trends.
- Look over the details of the job posting, such as the work description, requirements, duties, and so on.
- Before you apply, make sure you meet all the criteria. Carefully look over the job part and its requirements.
- Click the button that says “Online Application” below.
- Complete the form with the requested information and send it in.
- Check to see if you got a proof email that your job application was received.
In conclusion, HGV truck driver jobs in the UK that fund visas are a unique and lucrative chance for people who want to work in transportation and have a passion for it. The need for skilled drivers and the benefits of visa sponsorship make it a good situation for both companies and workers. People who want to become HGV drivers should look into their options and start a path that will not only help them advance in their careers but also make a positive impact on the UK’s important logistics infrastructure.
People Also Ask
How can I apply for HGV truck driver jobs in the UK with visa sponsorship?
Usually, to apply, you send your resume and any other relevant documents straight to the companies that are hiring. Make sure you also meet the standards for licensing and certification.
What is the future outlook for HGV truck driver jobs in the UK?
The future looks bright, with the business expected to grow and change because of new technologies and eco-friendly practices.