GKS Scholarship Application Form: Greetings to all my students who are interested in studying abroad for free and are looking for such opportunities so now I am going to help you provide information about one such fully funded K-scholarship. which was recently announced by the Global Korea Scholarships Undergraduate Program (GKS-). U) 2024-2025 in cooperation with the Korean government and the Korean Ministry of Education.
These Global Korean Scholarships (GKS-U) are awarded at the undergraduate and masters level to promote healthy relations between Korea and the rest of the world, while these K Scholarships also aim to bring international talent within the borders of the Republic of Korea. Is.
More About Global Korean (GKS-U) Scholarships:
You may not know that K-Scholarships are awarded to Bachelor, Masters, and Ph.D. level students who wish to study in the Republic of Korea and a total of 220 undergraduate students will be awarded this GKS scholarship, while 1080 students will receive scholarships at the graduate level. Recipients of this K scholarship must attend a year-long Korean language course at one of the designated universities, and students who are exempt from this requirement are those who scored above 5 on their TOPIK exam Students from all over the world are invited to apply for K-Scholarships by the K-Government.
GKS Undergraduate Scholarships Coverage Plan:
I think you will be happy to know that this K-Scholarship is a very generous GKS-U scholarship that covers almost every educational and personal expense of its recipients the benefits of these K-scholarships are:
- Payment of airfare at its actual cost.
- Settlement allowance in the amount of 200,000 KRW.
- Living allowance up to 1,000,000 KRW.
- Medical insurance of 20,000 KRW per month.
- Full tuition coverage (up to 5,000,000 per semester).
- Coverage for taking language courses up to 800,000 KRW every three months.
- A research grant of up to 240,000 KRW per semester (awarded for the semesters in which research is being conducted, if it is a truly research-based program)
- Coverage for thesis printing up to 800,000 KRW (one time).
Completion grant of 100,000 KRW (one time).
In addition, another award is given to students who excel in the Korean language and this award is worth about 100,000 KRW.
Eligibility Criteria of GKS Scholarship Application Form:
To be eligible to apply for the K-Scholarship:
- Both applicants and their parents must be citizens of a country other than Korea.
- Applicants should be mentally and physically fit enough to survive in a foreign country for a long period of time.
- Undergraduate students should be below 25 years of age while graduate students should be below 40 years of age.
- Applicants must be able to complete their final degree/diploma course before arriving in Korea, i.e. they must have a master’s/bachelor’s degree (for graduate students) or a high school diploma upon their arrival in Korea.
- They should also have a CGPA or percentage result of 80% or above in their final degree/diploma programs.
- Applicants must not have been in possession of a Global Korea Scholarship in the past.
The process to apply for GKS Scholarship Application Form:
- Students can apply for Global Korea Scholarships (GKS) through the Korean Embassy in their home country.
- Applicants will submit their application and all required documents to the Korean Embassy.
- The Korean Embassy will then shortlist potential candidates and nominate them for the award.
- The scholarship committee will select the successful candidates after analyzing their documents and profile and inform the respective embassies of the final results.
- Applicants can also apply directly to Korean universities if they do not wish to go through the embassy route. Thus they have to apply for the Korean scholarship through the university/college of their choice.
Documents for GKS Scholarship Application Form:
If you intend to apply for Korean scholarships such as the KGSP Scholarship, GKS Scholarship, or UST Scholarship; All you have to do in the first step is to prepare the required documents to submit the Korean scholarship application as follows:
- Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Form
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Study plan
- Letter of Recommendation (2)
- Medical test results
- Proof of denial of Korean citizenship (for previous Korean citizens)
- TOPIK score (optional)
- English Language Proficiency Scores (optional)
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of applicant’s identity card or passport
- A copy of the applicant’s parent’s identity card or passport
- CV for scholarship
- Copy of all previous degrees and/or high school diploma
- Copies of all previous degrees and/or high school diplomas.
Deadline for GKS Scholarship Application Form:
There is no fixed date on which applications will not be accepted. Students applying through the embassy track should contact their respective embassies to confirm the deadline. Students opting for the university track must adhere to the deadlines set by the universities.
Students applying through the embassy track have to submit three more copies of their documents while students applying through universities have to submit only one copy of their documents.
You should also be aware that letters of recommendation from two different referees/professors of Euros who last visited the university and submitted your documents to GKS will not be returned to the applicant and GKS. The scholarship application form is to be filled out. Either English or Korean language.
People Also Ask:
What is KGSP Scholarship 2024?
The KGSP scholarship will cover the airfare of the grantees. It will provide grantees with a relocation or resettlement allowance of 200,000 KRW. KRW 20,000 per month will be awarded to cover living expenses. KRW 20,000 per month will go towards medical insurance.
When to apply for GKS 2023?
Before applying for the 2023 Global Korea Scholarship, it is necessary to carefully review the guidelines and eligibility criteria. Applicants must submit their scholarship applications to the address provided.