Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium 2023: these are a great way to get involved in agricultural activities seasonally and earn decent money.
You can live in Belgium, earn money, meet people from all over the world, get fit, have fun, make memories, and save money just by picking fruit in Belgium.
If you seek fruit-picking jobs in Belgium, rest assured that this post will feature all of them for you to get a job now.
Fruit-picking jobs are a type of itinerant, seasonal work that involves a lot of physical labor outdoors. These picking jobs usually last only through the harvest season, although some workers move from one area to another and may be employed year-round.
The fruit and vegetable picking industry is one of the most common sources of jobs for pickers. These jobs are necessary because some crops are too fragile or difficult to harvest efficiently with machinery. Fruit and vegetable pickers are employed seasonally to manually harvest everything from cherries to different varieties of squash.
Fruit picking or fruit picking is a seasonal activity (remunerated or recreational) that takes place at harvest time in areas where the fruit is wild or cultivated in orchards.
They evaluate the product as it is picked, checking for ripeness and discarding any pieces that are overripe or showing signs of rotting or disease. They can pick the produce by hand or operate a specific harvester depending on the specific crop and size.
Fruit pickers harvest, sort, and collect fruit by hand. Some use small knives or tools to cut fruit from branches and vines. To harvest some fruits, such as apples, oranges, and peaches, you must be able to climb a ladder, remove the fruit, and place it in your bag or basket without injury. Other fruits, such as strawberries, grow on low-lying plants, so you must have the stamina and strength to bend for long periods. Fruit pickers should be available to work seasonally when the fruit is ripe for picking.
Responsibilities Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium
- These are the responsibilities of fruit picking jobs;
- Check the assigned fruit piles for how to pack them.
- Get cartons and crates depending on the type of fruit that needs to be packed.
- Line cartons or crates with a protective layer.
- Place extra material inside the crates to make them safer for transporting the fruit.
- Pick each item and check it for compatibility.
- Separate or discard rotten fruit.
- Place the fruits inside the crates.
- Stack the fruit securely.
- Label the fruit according to the instructions provided.
- Place extra packing material on top of each box.
- Close crates and cartons and seal them using glue or nails.
- Weigh each carton of packed fruit.
- Adjust the amount to ensure uniformity.
- Count all containers, crates, and bags, and record the number and weight information.
- Attach labels with information such as weight, address, and delivery timeline.
- Move boxes and containers to the delivery area using a forklift or pallet jack.
- Load cartons or crates onto waiting for delivery trucks and stack them properly.
- Strap each set of cartons properly.
- Create documents, such as bills and receipts, and include them with each shipment.
- Provide information to supervisors regarding packing and delivery timelines.
- Respond to dispatchers’ inquiries regarding fruit deliveries.
- Ensure that fruit packing and shipping areas are kept clear of peels and packing materials.
- Monitor inventory of packing items, for example, crates, bags, cartons, and wrapping materials.
Requirements Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium
Interested candidates should provide the requirements;
- High school diploma, GED, or appropriate equivalent.
- 1+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse people.
- Proficient in using tools required for this position.
- Physically agile and agile.
- Expert organizational skills.
Warehouse – Picking
If a culture of excellence, innovation, and ownership is what you’re looking for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the world standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your professional development and opportunities for industry-leading rewards will be supported by our core commitments to people values, integrity, and safety.
- Picking up, and preparing orders.
- Receiving and checking goods.
- Operating Machine or Equipment – Operate basic equipment and machines and perform routine tasks.
- Operations Management – Perform operational tasks following established processes.
- Equipment Maintenance and Repair – Assist in maintaining and repairing equipment and instruments by performing preparations and providing assistance.
- Health, Safety, and Environment – Follow basic mandatory work instructions for the environment and the well-being of yourself and others.
- Operational Compliance – Follow a straightforward mandatory procedure to ensure that work is performed to the required standard and/or adhere to external regulatory codes and internal codes of conduct.
- Internal Communication – Exchange information with people by communicating politely.
- Verbal Communication – Uses clear and effective early verbal communication skills to express ideas and request actions.
- Planning and Organizing – Works with leadership planning, organizing, and prioritizing activities to effectively meet business objectives.
- Policy and Procedures – Works with guidance to understand policies and procedures while ensuring they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Health and Safety – Applies basic concepts to managing and implementing a safe system of work.
- Equipment Utilization – Works to optimize utilization of production plant, equipment, and materials.
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) – Computer-Aided Design (CAD) works at a basic level to perform.
- HS Diploma / GED and/or 0-2 years of relevant experience.
Salary Package On Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium
The average salary for farm workers fruit is €21,855 per year and €11 per hour in Belgium.
How To Apply For Fruit Picking Jobs In Belgium
The list below shows the steps to apply for fruit-picking jobs in Belgium.
- On visiting the official website, search for the job on the below application link.
- You can use the search box divided into different categories to filter the work you are interested in.
- Review the job advertisement and role description.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding.
- Select the Apply Online button.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check that you have received an email confirming your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a fruit picker earn in Belgium?
The average salary range for a Farmworker Fruit is between €17,675 and €25,021.
What occupations are in the highest demand in Belgium?
The Belgium Skills Shortage list contains the following occupations for highly trained individuals in the service sector:
Midwives and nurses.
Personnel in Information Technology.
Technicians, engineers, and mechanics.
Electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and drywallers.
Representatives for both technical and commercial sales.