Kind-Hearted Farm Ltd. in Mission, British Columbia is seeking self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills for the position of Farm Worker, Vegetables. The selected candidate will be required to begin work as soon as feasible. The vacancies pertain to Permanent or Full-time employment. The candidate will be required to perform day shift hours.
Details of Vegetable Farm Worker Jobs In Canada
- Kind-Hearted Farm, Ltd. is the company’s name.
- Agricultural laborers, vegetables
- Two vacancies exist.
- Hourly wage of $19.00 for 40 hours per week
- Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
- Location: Mission, British Columbia
- The candidate will be responsible for crop cleanup.
- The candidate is responsible for deleting.
- The applicant will be responsible for tidying the greenhouse.
- The candidate will be responsible for hand-harvesting vegetables.
- The candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and management of vine growth, vine canopy, and grapes.
- The applicant will be in charge of permaculture.
- Candidate must plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate will be responsible for seed harvesting.
- The candidate will be responsible for harvesting vegetables.
- The candidate is responsible for filtering.
- The candidate will be responsible for agricultural harvesting.
- The applicant must operate and maintain farm equipment and apparatus.
- The candidate will be expected to perform product quality inspections and market preparations.
Requirements for Vegetable Farm Worker Jobs In Canada
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- The candidate must have a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma.
- The optimal candidate will have between seven months and one year of experience in the relevant field.
- Chicken farming, maize farming, fruit and vegetable combination farming, and organic farming are examples of farm operations.
- The candidate must labor long hours in an outdoor setting.
- Work Environment
- The candidate will receive housing and meals.
- The applicant must be willing to work in a pastoral setting.
- The employer will pay for the candidate’s moving expenses.
- Expertise and Accomplishment
- Types of Plants
- Asparagus, bell peppers, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, garlic, grapes, sweet maize, and tomatoes are among the crops grown.
- Further Information
- Conditions de travail and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must be required to routinely carry large loads as part of their duties.
- The applicant must be able to perform physically demanding activities as part of their daily duties.
- The candidate must be willing to recline for extended periods.
- The candidate must be willing to recline, stand, and walk for extended periods.
- The applicant must be willing to stand for long periods.
- The candidate must be able to walk for extended distances.
- The candidate must be willing to lean, stoop, and kneel for extended periods.
Benefits of Vegetable Farm Worker Jobs In Canada
- Stable Employment: Vegetable cultivation is a vital component of the agricultural sector in Canada, providing workers in the industry with a relatively stable source of income.
- Hands-On Experience: Practical, hands-on experience is acquired by vegetable farm laborers through instruction in harvesting, planting, and other facets of crop cultivation.
- Prospects for Progression: As farm laborers accumulate experience, they may have the ability to advance their careers within the agricultural sector by assuming additional responsibilities or transitioning to supervisory positions.
- Seasonal Employment: Seasonal employment presents certain vegetable farm jobs in Canada that afford workers the flexibility to determine the duration of their labor. This may prove advantageous for individuals in search of temporary or part-time employment.
- Outdoor Work Environment: An outdoor work environment is frequently present on vegetable farms, an aspect that may appeal to individuals with a penchant for the natural world and vigorous exercise.
- Connection to the Community: Vegetable cultivation is frequently a community-focused endeavor. The opportunity to cultivate a sense of belonging and connect with local communities may be available to farm laborers.
- Cultural Exchange: International labor is drawn to the agricultural sector of Canada. Engaging in vegetable farming can facilitate cultural exchange and foster interactions with individuals from various backgrounds.
- Prospects for Permanent Residency: Permanent residency applications may be submitted by eligible seasonal agricultural laborers in Canada via the Agri-Food Immigration Pilot or the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP).
- Fair Wages: A considerable number of vegetable farm employers in Canada are obligated to pay equitable wages and comply with labor standards, thereby enhancing the economic welfare of their employees.
- Opportunities for Education: Gaining knowledge about sustainable and organic agricultural methods while working on a vegetable farm contributes to a more comprehensive comprehension of environmental stewardship and agriculture.
- lodging for Employees: Agricultural employers in Canada may, on occasion, furnish lodging for their employees, thereby providing a practical and economical means of habitation.
- Health and Wellness Benefits: Health and wellness benefits are a perk that certain employers may include in their employment packages for farm laborers, thereby enhancing their general welfare.
How to Apply for Vegetable Farm Worker Jobs In Canada
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Are farm laborers in Canada in high demand?
The employment outlook for General farm laborers (NOC 8431) in Ontario will be favorable from 2022 to 2024. The subsequent factors contributed to this prognosis: The expansion of employment will generate a moderate number of new positions. Few positions will become available as a result of retirements.
What qualifications are required to operate on a farm in Canada?
A college certificate or specialized agricultural courses, such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding, tree pruning, and pesticide application, are however available. Employment may necessitate basic farm knowledge, which is ordinarily acquired by working on a family property.
What education do you need to be a farmer in Canada?
It is possible to enter farm work as a laborer without training. However, those who wish to go further with their careers will need a diploma or degree in plant sciences or related subjects such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding, tree pruning, and pesticide application.