Canada Graduate Scholarships for International Students: For the intake session of CGS 2024-2025, online applications for Canada Graduate Scholarships for overseas students are now open. Eligible students with strong academic records and research aptitude are encouraged to apply for these unique scholarships, which do not require IELTS scores.
It’s no surprise that studying in Canada on the Canada Graduate MS grant is a pipe dream. It is a fantastic chance for students who desire to contribute to research disciplines while studying for an MS or, in certain cases, a PhD at a Canadian university.
Check Also: Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships – Apply HereAdvertisement
Benefits of Canada Graduate Scholarships for International Students:
- Financial Support: CGS offers substantial financial help to international students pursuing master’s or doctorate degrees in Canada. This scholarship can be used to support tuition, living expenses, research fees, and other associated expenses while they are studying.
- Prestigious Scholarship: A CGS is a prestigious scholarship that recognizes academic distinction and achievement, raising a student’s profile and credibility in their field of study and future career ambitions.
- Access to World-Class Education: Scholars in the CGS program get access to some of the world’s finest universities and research organizations in Canada, assuring a high standard of education and research possibilities.
- Research Opportunities: CGS winners have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research projects, contribute to their field of study, and cooperate with eminent professors and researchers at their academic institutions.
- Increased job Opportunities: Completing studies with a CGS can greatly increase job opportunities. Because of their academic achievements and research experience, CGS alumni are frequently sought after by employers in Canada and around the world.
- Enhanced Career Prospects: CGS scholars can network with other scholars, academics, and professionals, promoting prospective collaborations, interdisciplinary research, and partnerships that can last beyond their academic term.
- Networking and Collaboration: Cultural Immersion and Exposure to Canadian Culture and culture: Living and studying in Canada allows for cultural immersion and exposure to a multicultural culture. This encounter broadens one’s personal development, multicultural understanding, and global outlook.
- Language fluency: Studying in Canada enhances language fluency in either English or French for non-English or non-French speaking students, which is important for international communication and job growth.
- Contribution to Innovation and Progress: CGS grantees frequently conduct research that advances their particular fields, perhaps addressing real-world difficulties and positively impacting society.
- International Community Engagement: CGS academics frequently engage with many international populations inside Canada, giving opportunities for cultural exchange and learning diverse views.
Canadian Universities Offering Graduate Scholarships:
The following are some notable Canadian universities that provide Canada Graduate Scholarships for Master’s degrees through the SSRC, CIHR, and NSERC:
- Alberta University
- Toronto University
- British Columbia University
- Dalhousie University
- University of Waterloo
- Calgary University
- Ottawa University
- Western University
- Queen’s University
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Graduate Scholarships:
Before applying for the Canada Graduate Master’s Scholarship, please review the eligibility requirements listed below:
- The applicant must be a Canadian citizen/permanent resident or a Refugee Act Protected Person.
- The candidate must be enrolled or about to enroll in a full-time Master’s or Doctoral program at a Canadian higher education institution that offers CGS shares.
- The applicant must apply for admission to an appropriate graduate program before the deadline.
- The applicant must have never had a CGS scholarship before.
- In the last two years of study, the applicant must have obtained first-rate leverage.
- Applicants are only permitted to apply for one scholarship or fellowship per academic year to NSERC, CIHR, or SSHRC.
Eligible Programs for Canada Graduate Scholarship Scholarships:
To be eligible for the Canada Graduate Master’s scholarship program, students must enroll in one of the following course programs at famous Canadian higher education institutions:
Joint Programs, such as;
- Clinically Oriented Programs
All chosen graduate degree programs, however, must have a research component that allows candidates to work on a thesis, dissertation, clinical trial, research project, scholarly publication, and so on. Similarly, simple MS degrees with no clinical research experience are ineligible for Canadian Graduate Scholarships.
Application Process for Canadian Graduate Scholarship Program:
- The application process, on the other hand, is entirely online. Candidates can apply through the Research Portal on the Government of Canada’s official website. Select the Canada Graduate Scholarship program as the funding possibility by clicking on Create Applications. After that, create a title for your application that fits your research topic. Then, decide on a research topic. If you have chosen health as your study field, you must submit your application with a CIHR personal identification number (PIN).
- Following the selection of the field, a list of institutions awarding the Canada Graduate Scholarship award will be displayed. So, select the institute and degree program for which you want to apply for a scholarship. Following that, indicate the number of months that will be completed by December 31st of the application year.
- Documents for the Canadian Graduate Scholarship program must be uploaded in the necessary format in the meantime. Likewise, password-protected papers will not be considered. Also, before the deadline, send the three Reference Assessments with your application.
- Another thing to consider is that after the application is submitted, no revisions may be made. In the same way, late or incomplete applications will be disregarded. The status of the application can be found on the Research portal site in the Open column beneath the Action column.
Previous academic records, research skills, critical thinking capacity, previous job experience or academic training in the chosen research field, personal traits, leadership experience, and interpreting skills will be considered when selecting winners of Canada’s Graduate Scholarship.
Application Deadline for Canada Graduate Scholarship:
To minimize any delays in the subsequent process, online applications must be filed by January 1, 2024.
Result Announcement Date:
After January 31, 2024, winners will be announced on the Research portal website on a regular basis.
International students can use Canada Graduate Scholarships to gain access to great educational and research opportunities in Canada. Financial assistance, paired with access to world-class academic institutions and cutting-edge research initiatives, promotes academic success and contributes to the scholar’s personal and professional development. This outstanding fellowship not only provides financial aid, but it also provides access to a vibrant multicultural environment, boosting intercultural understanding and giving a platform for significant research contributions. Finally, Canada Graduate Scholarships encourage recipients toward a bright future by polishing their abilities, broadening their perspectives, and placing them as global leaders in their chosen areas.
People Also Ask:
Can you get full scholarship in Canada for international students?
However, with the correct means, expertise, and academic achievement, you might get a fully financed scholarship in Canada. Canada offers a high-quality educational and research environment at all levels of education, from elementary school to post-secondary education.
How many CGPA required for Canada?
The majority of Canadian institutions require candidates to have 16 years of study, including a four-year Bachelor’s degree. In regard to academics, you are required to have a minimum GPA of 3 on a scale of 4. In Indian terms, that corresponds to 65 70% or a CGPA of 7.0 7.5.
Can I get scholarship through IELTS in Canada?
Yes, there are actually IELTS scholarships available for Indian students in Canada. If a candidate’s application to a university accepts the results of the IELTS test for admission, they are eligible for the IELTS British Council scholarship for Indian Students.