Applying for a Germany Visa in Dubai 2023: A visa to Germany is one of the most coveted visas in the world. Germany, as one of the most developed countries in the world, has a lot to offer tourists, businesspeople, workers, students, and others.
The German Immigration Authorities have established a visa system for anyone who seeks to enter Germany for whatever reason. If you intend to visit Germany, you must abide by the rules established by these agencies.
Who Needs to Apply for a Germany Visa in Dubai?
If you intend to visit Germany, you must first determine whether you need to apply for a visa to enter the country. Your nationality and the reason for your visit to Germany will determine whether you require a visa.
Passport holders from the United Arab Emirates are free from the German short-stay visa requirement. Nonetheless, if you live in the UAE, you must apply for a short-stay visa to Germany if:
- You are a UAE national, however, you have previously been denied visa-free entry into Germany.
- You are a national of another visa-exempt country, but you have previously been denied entry into Germany.
- You are a national of a country subject to the German visa policy.
If you live in Dubai but have a passport from one of the following countries, you will be excused from the necessity to apply for a Germany long-stay visa.
- EU / EEA / EFTA countries
- New Zealand
- Republic of South Korea
- United States of America
How to Apply for a German Visa in Dubai?
If you have decided that you need to apply for a German visa in Dubai, then you should finish the application process as follows:
- Determine the sort of visa you require. Locate the visa types listed below and choose the one that best fits your needs.
- Complete the application form. There are two sorts of visa application forms for Germany: short-stay and long-stay. Fill in the one that corresponds to your stay in Germany.
- Gather the necessary paperwork for a Germany visa.
- Make a visa appointment.
- Participate in the visa interview. Arrive on time and make sure you have all of the necessary documentation.
- You should wait for a response to your application.
Germany Visa Types for UAE Citizens and Residents
After determining that you need to apply for a German visa in Dubai, you should choose which visa type is most appropriate for your situation. The following are the many types of German visas:
- Airport Transit Visa.
- Tourist/Visitor Visa.
- Business Visa.
- Trade Fair & Exhibitions Visa.
- Student Visa
- Student Applicant Visa
- Language Course Visa
- Training/Internship Visa.
- Job Seeker Visa.
- German Freelance “Freiberufler” Visa
- Working Visa.
- Germany Visa for Cultural, Film Crew, Sports, and Religious Event Purpose.
- Guest Scientist Visa
- Medical Treatment Visa.
- Germany Visa for the Recognition of Professional Qualifications.
Germany Visa Requirements for UAE Citizens and Residents
When applying for a Germany visa in Dubai, you must provide several documents to confirm your eligibility for a Germany visa based on your purpose of admission.
The following are the fundamental documents required to apply for a German visa in Dubai:
- Form of Application. Check that you have the proper form. Fill in all of the essential information, print it, and sign at the bottom.
- The passport must be valid. You must provide your passport together with the other essential documentation. Check that it meets the passport requirements for a German visa.
- Two recent photographs. Check if the photo was shot in accordance with German visa photo standards.
- Accommodation documentation. The German embassy requires proof of where you will be staying in Germany. You can accomplish this by submitting one of the following:
- Hotel booking.
- Rent agreement.
- Invitation letter by a host in Germany to stay at their home.
Proof of round-trip ticket purchase. You can use visa consultation services such as this one or search for one online.
Health coverage. You must show confirmation that you have obtained travel health insurance that covers diseases and injuries, as well as repatriation in the event of death, throughout the Schengen Area, with a minimum coverage of € 30.000.
Proof of financial ability. When applying for a German Visa in Dubai, you must be able to demonstrate that you have 45€ every day that you intend to spend in Germany.
Proof of employment status. You will need to submit the following documents depending on your work position in Dubai:
- If you are working, you must obtain a leave contract and a leave approval letter from your company.
- A copy of your business license if you are self-employed.
- If you are a student, provide proof of enrolment and a letter of no objection from your school or institution.
- If retired, include a pension statement for the most recent six months.
Germany Visa Fees for UAE Citizens and Residents
When applying for a German visa in Dubai, you must pay a visa fee to cover the cost of processing your application. The following are the visa fees for Germany:
- Short-stay visa – €60
- Long-stay visa – €75
Germany Visa Application Processing Time in Dubai
The processing period for a German visa application in Dubai is determined by the type of visa requested. A short-term visa application to Germany takes about 15 days to process.
A German short-stay visa application, on the other hand, takes 10 to 12 weeks to process.
German Missions in UAE
In the United Arab Emirates, there are two German missions:
- the German Embassy in Abu Dhabi, as well as the Consulate General in Dubai.
The Consulate General in Dubai is the sole German post in the UAE that provides comprehensive consular services.
German Embassy Abu Dhabi
- Address: The Towers at the Trade Center, West Tower, 14th Floor, Abu Dhabi Mall
- Tel: +971 2 596 77 00
- Fax: +971 2 644 69 42
The Federal Republic of Germany Consulate General in Dubai
- Address: 14 A, Jumeirah I, Dubai
- Tel: +971 4 349 88 88
- Fax: +971 4 349 50 5
- Opening hours: Sunday to Wednesday 8 am to 3 pm, Thursday 8 am to 1 pm
VFS Global Germany Visa Application Center in Dubai
All applicants residing in Dubai and the Northern Emirates must apply at VFS Global in Dubai.
- Address: Joint Visa Application Centre, Wafi Mall, Level 2, Falcon, Phase 2, Umm Hurair 2
- Phone: 04-2055666
- Email: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a German visa in UAE?
What is the cost of a visit visa to Germany from the UAE? AED 850, which includes all of your documents, a cover letter, an appointment fee, appropriate travel insurance, and the processing charge. You must pay visa and VFS fees of around AED 400 at the VFS office when submitting your documents.
Is it easy to get a Schengen visa from Dubai?
The processing period for a Schengen visa from Dubai can range between 15 and 30 working days, and it may take longer in exceptional situations. If you’re wondering which Schengen visa is easiest to obtain from Dubai, it all depends on the Schengen state you intend to visit and the length of your stay, among other factors.