The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship in USA in the United States is open to applications. Anyone from anywhere in the world can apply for a Fully Funded Fellowship in the United States. The training will last for 9 months.
Those who are chosen will spend three months in New York and six months at the host school. The USA is where the Nippon Foundation Fellowship will be given. The Fully Funded Fellowship is open for the 2023-2024 school year. Here is a great chance for kids from anywhere in the world.
United Nations – The Nippon Foundation Fellowship helps government officials and other mid-level workers in developing states learn more about marine science to help with maritime affairs, maritime law, and related fields like the administrative framework.
Fellows will learn about the international legal framework, the most important problems and best practices in maritime affairs, how the United Nations works, and how to improve their professional skills. Fellows will also do their own research under the supervision of an academic and write essays on any subject they want.
Fellows are expected to go back to their home countries after the Fellowship is over and use their deep knowledge and a lot of experience to help make a full United Nations Convention on Maritime Policy and Law. I will help make sure that the law is followed. By designing, putting into action, and/or trying specific marine improvement projects, including specific improvement projects.
Details of United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship in USA
|Offered by:||United Nations|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Eligible nationality:||All Nationalities|
|Award country:||United States|
|Last Date:||8 September 2023|
Financial Benefits of Nippon Foundation Fellowship
The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023–24 is a program for international students that is fully funded. Here are some details about the costs that will be covered:
- The group that hosts the fellow gives them a monthly stipend.
- The prices of local transportation are paid for.
- The stipend rates are different for each country and match the UN pay rates for each country.
- The host group pays for round-trip tickets in economy class.
- The United Nations will pay for the processing of visas and the fees for handling visas.
- The organization that is hosting you will pay for your health insurance.
- The cost of lodging will be covered by the groups that are hosting the event.
- Partners will get $100 per month to spend on books.
List of Host Institutions
Here is a list of places where United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowships can be done by those who are chosen:
- The Sea and Maritime Law Research Center at Ankara University
- The University of Wollongong in Wollongong, Australia, is home to the Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS).
- School of Law and Politics, Cardiff University, Cardiff, U.K.
- Centre de Droit Maritime et Océanique, Université de Nantes (Nantes, France)
- University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados, Centre for Resource Management and Environmental Studies (CERMES)
- Centre d’Etudes et de Récherches sur le Droit des Activités Maritimes et l’Environnement (CERDAME), Institut du Droit et de la Paix et du Développement, Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis (Nice, France)
- University of Rhode Island Coastal Resources Center, Graduate School of Oceanography
- Department of Public, Civil Procedure, International and European Law of the University of Milan (Milan, Italy) and Columbia Law School at Columbia University in New York, U.S.A.
- Edinburgh Centre for International and Global Law, Edinburgh University (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) Faculty of Law, The University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia)
- Gerard J. Mangone Center for Marine Policy, University of Delaware (Newark, United States)
- Graduate Program in Marine Affairs, Marine Affairs Department, University of Rhode Island (Kingston, U.S.A.)
- The Leibniz Center for Tropical Marine Ecology – ZMT is in Bremen, Germany.
- Marine and Environmental Law Institute, Dalhousie University (Halifax, Canada), in partnership with the International Ocean Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada) Marine Affairs Programme, Dalhousie University (Halifax, Canada), in partnership with the International Ocean Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada)
- The University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, has a Marine and Shipping Law Unit.
- Istanbul Bilgi University’s Marine Law and Policy Research Center is in Istanbul, Turkey.
- The Maritime Institute at the University of Ghent in Belgium
- (Heidelberg, Germany) Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law
- Melbourne University Law School is in the Australian state of Victoria.
- The National Oceanography Centre (NERC) is located in Southampton, England.
- University of Nelson Mandela South African Research Chair in the Law of the Sea and Development in Africa, in Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea, Utrecht University School of Law (Utrecht, Netherlands)
- Lisbon, Portugal: NOVA University, School of Law
- Halifax, Canada’s Saint Mary’s University
- University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland), Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law and Governance (SELG).
- The University of Sydney’s Sydney Law School is in Sydney, Australia.
- School for the Environment, University of Massachusetts Boston (Boston, United States)
- Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, is home to the Tulane Maritime Law Center.
- University of Milano Bicocca (Milano, Italy): Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza and Dipartimento di Scienze dell’Ambiente e della Terra “Marine Sciences Programme
- Troms University (Troms, Norway)
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, World Maritime University in Malmo, Sweden, and Global Ocean Institute in Malmo, Sweden.
Eligibility Criteria for UN Fellowship
Students who meet the following requirements can apply for a United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship for 2023–24:
- You have to be between the ages of 25 and 40.
- You must finish your first university degree with good grades and show that you can do advanced academic research and study on your own.
- You must be a mid-level professional from a national government agency in a developing state or from another government or non-government agency in a state that deals directly with maritime issues. Your job will tell you what to do. Lets us help. Nation in making and/or carrying out policies in the area. This includes how marine science and science politics work together. Your “Nomination and Recommendation Form” must be filled out by a government official or another official who can prove the nature of your work in relation to the government’s maritime affairs and maritime activities law and explain how the award is given. These things are directly
- Your suggested research and study program should help build your country and/or make sure maritime affairs and policies and programs are followed by the law.
- Unless the Division gives you permission, you can’t have any outside responsibilities while you’re a fellow.
The last day to register for a United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship for International Students for the 2023–2024 school year is September 8, 2023.
How to Apply for United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship?
If you want to apply for a United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship for 2023–24, you can do so online. To apply for the USA Fellowship Program, follow the steps below. Also, the link to the official ad is given below:
- The application must be typed or made on a computer.
- All questions must be answered fully and clearly by the applicant.
- Parts 18, 19, 20, 21, and 23 of the application should get extra care.
- The applicant must give a true account of themselves.
- Plan a research and study program that you want to do.
- The person making the nomination or the person in charge must sign or certify the application form.
- Send the signed form straight to firstname.lastname@example.org in an email.
People Also Ask
What Is The Financial Benefits of Nippon Foundation Fellowship
The group that hosts the fellow gives them a monthly stipend.
The prices of local transportation are paid for.
The stipend rates are different for each country and match the UN pay rates for each country.
The host group pays for round-trip tickets in economy class.
The United Nations will pay for the processing of visas and the fees for handling visas.
The organization that is hosting you will pay for your health insurance.
The cost of lodging will be covered by the groups that are hosting the event.
Partners will get $100 per month to spend on books.
How do I get a fellowship at UN?
Fellowships are only given to people who have been chosen by their own governments. In general, fellowships are not given to people who want to study for degrees or diplomas.