Housekeeping Room Attendant: Housekeeping Room Attendants are recognized as the heart of our hotels. We just could not open without you. Your enthusiasm for cleanliness and a keen eye for detail help to set us distinct, and your dedication to great customer service keeps our guests coming back. We are committed to your professional development and offer true career progression in addition to a competitive remuneration package and flexible schedule. We know you’d be interested in hearing about our perks–incredible team rates and discounts at all 7 of our restaurant brands are only the beginning! There has never been a more exciting time to join our team, with over 60 hotels (and growing!).
We think that by caring for our team members, we can foster a positive environment that benefits both our team members and our guests. We want you to enjoy coming to work and to see how working with Northland affects your life outside of work.
Details of Housekeeping Room Attendant, Terrace, BC
- Company: Sandman Hotel Group
- Position: Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Terrace, BC
PERKS FROM DAY 1
- Rewarding and Recognizing
- Team rates start at $59 per night, and Family and Friends pricing is also available.
- For groups of up to six persons, we offer a 25% discount at our restaurants.
- Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort are offering discounted passes and lift tickets.
- Employee events, incentives, and recognition are ongoing.
- Opportunities for DevelopmentEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental health support, legal and financial counseling Employee Advancement Starts From Within
- Earn money by referring a friend or family member!
PERKS AFTER 3 MONTHS
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health Insurance, Dental Care, and Vision Care!
PERKS AFTER 12 MONTHS
- Complimentary Stays
- RRSP Matching
- Milestone Rewards
- Tuition Credit Program
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Housekeeping Room Attendant, Terrace, BC:
- We do not require any schooling or experience, and we will train you one on one. Ability to follow instructions Good communication skills are an asset
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is a plus Able to interact with people in a sensitive, polite, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times
- Professional dress and demeanor
DUTIES of Housekeeping Room Attendant, Terrace, BC:
- Sandman Hotel requirements need clean rooms.
- Maintains current knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, as well as the proper handling procedures
- Responds promptly and courteously to guest and employee inquiries, requests, and complaints. Ensures that all lost property items left in guest rooms are recorded on the worksheet and given in to the Supervisor/Manager at the conclusion of the shift.
- To reduce hazard risk ensure that any maintenance and safety hazards are quickly reported to the Supervisor/Manager.
- Takes personal responsibility for equipment, ensuring that it is always used correctly and securely.
- Notifies the manager of any strange or suspicious persons or actions occurring in the security area.
- Reports any maintenance issues, such as blown light bulbs.
- Check under the bed, drawers, and closet for any leftover objects or rubbish.
- Cleans the sink and fixtures and replenishes all towels, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee, and other amenities.
- Cleans coffee pots as needed, ensuring that pots are plugged in
- Arrange furniture according to how guests will use it.
- Ensure the safety of guest rooms and the privacy of guests.
- Perform laundry activities as needed, such as collecting, sorting, and transporting laundry at the start of each shift.
- To avoid wrinkling, remove laundry from dryers and fold promptly.
- Stock the linen supply area with clean linens for the next day’s use.
- Bed linens, blankets, Duvets/Comforters, towels & face cloths, and restaurant table linens are all included in the laundry. All cleaning cloths will be rinsed, dried, and folded at the end of the day for housekeeping purposes.
- As needed, minor mending repairs are necessary.
- If necessary, perform Houseperson tasks.
- Excellent client service.
- Time management abilities are required.
- Adaptability and the ability to manage numerous priorities under duress are required.
- Excited and focused on exceeding guests’ expectations.
A resume submission does not guarantee an interview or a move. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, as long as they match the minimum requirements for the relevant competencies. Because the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply. Email or in-person applications will not be accepted. We thank all candidates for their interest in career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group; however, only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will receive a response to their application.
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity company dedicated to recruiting diverse staff and maintaining a welcoming culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of handicap, veteran status, or any other legally protected ground. Sandman Hotel Group takes its obligations under the Human Rights Code very seriously.
People Also Ask:
What is a housekeeping room attendant?
Housekeeping room attendants make sure the guest rooms and common areas at hotels, motels, resorts, lodges, and hotels are clean and properly shown for the comfort of visitors.
What are the duties of a room service attendant?
A room service worker is a person who delivers food orders to guests at the hotel. Your major duties will be to take orders for room service and deliver them to customers’ rooms. You must be acquainted with the hotel’s meals and aware of any dietary requirements that visitors may have.