Special Skilled Worker Jobs in Japan 2023 – Apply Now
Special Skilled Worker Jobs in Japan 2023: Japan established the SSW visa before a visa was specifically allocated for importing foreign workers. Then, there were Skilled Labor and Trainee visas, but there was minimal government engagement. Therefore, although there was a need for Japanese institutions, many institutions found it difficult to locate and hire competent Japanese-speaking workers. Additionally, it is challenging for foreigners to acquire employment in Japan. The government has therefore implemented the SSW visa as a remedy.
Details About Special Skilled Worker Jobs in Japan 2023
The Japanese government collaborates with the governments of other countries that have formed a coalition for SSW visas and analyses those who wish to work in Japan in 14 certain industries.
- Health Care
- Building Cleaning Management
- The Machine Parts and Tooling Sector
- Industrial Equipment Manufacturing
- Industries of Electricity, Electronics, and Information
- Construction Sector
- Shipbuilding and Ship Equipment Sector
- Automobile Maintenance and Repair
- Aviation Sector
- Accommodation Sector
- Fishing and Aquaculture Businesses
- Production of Food and Drinks
- Food Service Sector
Therefore, you must pass the Japanese language and competency test for the relevant field in which you desire to work. Those who entered Japan with a Trainee visa, completed the Technical Internship, and reside in Japan or their home country are exempt from this Japanese language and skills examination. Therefore, I must clarify the application so that I may explain it independently.
If a person is in Japan under a Technical Internship Visa
If you wish to continue your current job with the SSW visa of the same school or another institution, you do not need to take the Japanese language and skills test.
If you want to work in a different field within the same firm or at a different organization, you must pass the relevant competency exam.
If a person who has done a Technical Internship and is now in Your Country.
- There is no need to take the Japanese language and skills examination in order to work in the same sector as the ‘Technical Internship’
If you want to work in a different field from the one in which you finished your Technical Internship, you must pass the relevant test.
Next, two primary examinations, the JLPT and the JFT test Japanese language competency. The examination period for JLPT is held twice a year, but JFT examinations are held six times a year. You must pass the N4 level if you desire to take the JLPT exam.
I wish to add one more point. There is no need to take either of these tests in Your Country. If you already reside in a nation that administers Japanese tests, or if you are able to go to such a country to take the exam, you may take the exam without difficulty. Currently, examinations in these 14 disciplines are administered outside Your Country. If you wish to take an exam in a subject that is not taught in this manner, you can do so in another nation.
The individual who has completed both tests can find a company to work for through a friend, a registered agency, the Internet alone, or a company that provides services for SSW visas in Japan. These firms conduct a brief interview to assess your personality and job-related knowledge. If the test is successful, the relevant organization will offer you an employment contract and begin the required preparations to bring you to Japan. Due to the length of the post, I will not discuss the visa-issuance process here.
Your employer is required by law to help you live in Japan. Put,
- Before traveling to Japan, you must identify your company, position, and expected responsibilities.
- Upon arrival and exit from Japan, you must be escorted to/from the airport.
- Need assistance obtaining gas, electricity, a mobile phone, and a bank account in Japan.
- You must provide assistance when you must pay taxes to government entities.
- You require assistance to learn Japanese further.
- You must be familiar with Japanese culture, public transportation, and government organizations.
- You desire to arrange sessions to discuss issues that arise when living or working in Japan.
- I need assistance communicating with the Japanese.
- If you decide to quit your job, assist in obtaining employment with another organization.
- Every three months, you should address and resolve your difficulties with the appropriate manager of the organization.
Now let’s examine the advantages of an SSW visa.
The SSW program consists of two components.
- Specific Skilled Worker (i)
- Specific Skilled Worker (ii)
- Specific Skilled Worker (i)
Here is a list of employment in fourteen fields so that everyone can readily become involved.
- You must be older than 18 to obtain this visa. Additionally, under SSW I should be a candidate who has never worked in Japan.
This visa has a validity length of five years. However, you will only receive five years at a time. The visa is then issued for 4, 6, or 12 months, depending on the work and company size. Visa must be renewed prior to expiration. Thus, you are permitted to work in Japan for a total of five years.
- You receive the same income as other Japanese workers.
- During the duration of this visa, you cannot bring your family to Japan.
However, these regulations may be modified in the future. One argument is that Japan must still be able to attract workers at the desired level. However, it is impossible to predict how long these laws will remain unchanged.
Specific Skilled Worker (ii)
This visa is exclusive to only two fields, making it unique.
- shipbuilding and ship equipment sectors
This visa has no maximum duration limit. That implies you can renew your passport and continue living in Japan as long as you maintain employment. Even after ten years in Japan, you can apply for PR. Additionally, you may bring your spouse and children to Japan as dependents. In addition, the spouse may work up to 28 hours a week, even part-time.
In the end, if you come to Japan to work on an SSW visa or any other visa, the following expenses must be deducted from your paycheck. Therefore, while signing contracts with a company, ensure that you fully comprehend them before signing.
- Retirement – Retirement
- Medical Insurance – Medical Insurance
- Employment Insurance – Employment Insurance
- Industrial Accident Insurance – Industrial Accident Insurance (Occupation-wise)
- Tax on Income – Tax on Income
- Resident Tax (Taxes in the city of residence) – Resident Tax
Deadline for Application: 2023-07-18
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Japanese-mandated Skilled Worker examination?
For nursing care positions requiring a Specified Skilled Worker, there are three tests: the Nursing Care Skills Evaluation Test, the Nursing Care Japanese Language Evaluation Test, and a test to assess Japanese language competency.
How can I obtain a visa for a skilled worker in Japan?
A Skilled Labor Visa COE application must be made in person at a regional immigration office in Japan. The COE application cannot be submitted by mail or at an overseas Japanese embassy.