Oxford Scholarships in Uk for Students from Developing Countries: A number of Oxford colleges offer Reach Oxford Scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) to students from developing countries who are unable to study for a degree in their home countries due to political or financial constraints, or because equivalent educational facilities do not exist.
In today’s interconnected world, access to quality education is not just a privilege but a necessity. Unfortunately, the cost of education can be a significant barrier for students from developing countries who wish to study abroad. However, the University of Oxford, one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the world, offers a ray of hope through its diverse range of scholarships specially designed for students from developing countries. In this article, we will review these scholarships, the opportunities they provide and how aspiring scholars can access them.
Understanding Oxford Scholarships
The Rhodes Scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships globally and is awarded to exceptional students who have outstanding academic and leadership potential. It covers full tuition, living expenses, and a stipend for students pursuing a postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarship
This scholarship is designed for individuals pursuing MA and other Master’s degrees at Oxford globally. It is responsible for tuition and public liability, making it an option for social enterprises.
Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme
This scholarship focuses on outstanding students committed to social change. It provides funding for various postgraduate courses and includes leadership development opportunities.
Clarendon Scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and potential. They cover tuition and provide generous stipends to scholars.
Details About Oxford Scholarships in Uk for Students from Developing Countries
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Level/subject of study:
- Except for medicine, all undergraduate programs in the course listing are available.
The number of awards is:
- 1-2 times per year
Group to target:
Applicants must be nationals of countries that receive official development assistance from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s Development Assistance Committee (DAC) (OECD). The complete list of eligible countries can be found on the official website.
Value/inclusions/duration of the scholarship:
Tuition and college fees, a living expense grant, and one return airfare per year The scholarship lasts three or four years, depending on the length of the course.
This scheme is only open to candidates who have received an offer and are of exceptional academic ability. Financial needs and social commitment are also important selection criteria. Applicants must intend to return to their home country after completing their studies. Students who have never studied at the undergraduate level will be given preference.
Instructions for Application:
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have applied to the University via UCAS by the 15th of October 2022 and been accepted. You will then be required to fill out a separate scholarship application form. In January 2023, information on how to apply for a scholarship for 2023 entry will be available on the official website (link found below). The deadline for scholarship applications is February 8, 2023.
It is critical to go to the official website (link provided below) for more information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Scholars will be required to submit an annual report detailing their academic and social activities as well as their achievements at the University.
- The award is subject to satisfactory academic progress in subsequent years.
- Applicants should be aware that the scheme is extremely competitive, and the University does not have additional funding for candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you have been offered deferred entry to an undergraduate course at Oxford and want to apply for a scholarship, please do so in January of the year you will begin your Oxford course. We can only consider undergraduate scholarship applications once.
- If you are a UK resident applying to Oxford’s Astrophoria Foundation Year Programme and would like to apply for this scholarship to support your undergraduate degree course (after your Foundation Year), please apply in January of the year you will begin your undergraduate degree course. We will contact all Foundation Year students to confirm which scholarships they can apply for their undergraduate courses. We can only consider undergraduate scholarship applications once.
How should I go about applying?
1) You must apply to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by the 15th of October 2022 and be accepted.
2) In January 2023, information on how to apply for a scholarship for 2023 entry will be posted on this page.
3) The selection process for 2023 entry applicants who apply by the 8 February 2023 scholarship deadline will take place in March 2023.
4) In April 2023, applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Oxford University’s commitment to providing scholarships for students from developing countries is a testament to its commitment to global education and the development of future leaders. These scholarships not only open doors to world-class education but also empower individuals to make a meaningful impact on their communities and the world.
People Also Ask
Is it possible for you to get a full scholarship to Oxford?
Applicants who are ordinarily resident in India or who have previously studied at an Indian higher education institution are eligible for up to two full scholarships. You must be applying for a DPhil course with research proposals in one of the eligible areas of study.
How do I apply for an Oxford scholarship?
Financial need, social commitment, and the inability to study for a degree in their home country are all important selection criteria. Applicants must intend to return to their home country after completing their studies. Students who have never studied at the undergraduate level will be given preference.
Can I go to Oxford for free?
Can an Indian study for free at Oxford University? Ans. The Oxford University Scholarship For Indian Students covers tuition fees and, in some cases, living and travel expenses for applicants.