The Japanese Government is currently accepting applications for the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship 2024. Administrative Government of Japan The MEXT Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international master’s, Ph.D., and undergraduate students. Annually, the MEXT Scholarship selects the greatest number of applicants.
The Japanese MEXT Scholarship is available to all participants with diplomatic relations with Japan from Asia, the Pacific, North America, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Every Japanese university is eligible to apply for the MEXT Scholarship, regardless of the field of study offered. IELTS/TOEFL proficiency and Japanese language knowledge are not required.
Details of MEXT Government Scholarship in Japan:
|Scholarship Name||MEXT Scholarship (Japan Government Scholarship)|
|Study Level||Undergraduate, Master & PhD|
|Deadline||Varies Embassy to Embassy|
Duration of the Japan Scholarship:
- Undergraduate: 4-5 Years
- Masters: 2-3 Years
- Ph.D.: 3–4 Years
You can also improve your English by joining the Free British Council IELTS course.
Fields of Study:
The Japanese government provides every academic discipline and field of study, including social sciences, engineering, medicine, health, the humanities, and the arts. Academic field restrictions do not apply.
- Allowances: Preparatory Allowance and Monthly Stipend Allowance
- Tuition Fees at universities and Fees for the Entrance Examination shall be the responsibility of MEXT.
- Out-of-Pocket Travel Expenses: MEXT will provide financial coverage for round-trip airfare from the passenger’s home country to Japan. The airline ticket for the voyage will be an Economy-class ticket.
- Premises for Accommodation: Residence facilities furnished by universities for international students.
Benefits of MEXT Government Scholarship in Japan:
- Fees and tuition covered: The bursary generally provides financial support for university tuition in Japan.
- Monthly Subsidy: The monthly stipend recipients receive to support living expenses in Japan differs based on the recipient’s academic standing.
- Voyage Expenditures: MEXT frequently provides round-trip airfare coverage to Japan.
- Preliminary Instruction: The costs associated with preparatory education or Japanese language instruction are frequently covered by the scholarship.
- Enrollment in prestigious universities: MEXT scholars are granted admission to prestigious universities in Japan, thereby obtaining access to an education of the highest caliber.
- Cultural Inclusion: By residing in Japan, scholars are afforded a singular cultural encounter in which they can fully engage with the Japanese language, customs, and traditions.
- Optimal Research Prospects: MexT scholarships afford prospects for scholarly advancement and research at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Assistance Services: Frequently, the university and the government provide assistance and direction to recipients, which facilitates their academic and personal development.
- Networking and Prospects for the Future: By establishing valuable networks in Japan, academics may gain access to prospective collaborations or career prospects.
- Applicants are required to hold the citizenship of a nation with diplomatic ties to Japan.
- Applicants who are citizens of Japan at the time of submission are ineligible.
- The initial screening process should take place at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality selection.
- In essence, candidates are required to have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Applicants for the Master’s program must have completed sixteen years of secondary education in a country other than Japan.
- Admission requirements for the doctoral program are 18 years of academic experience in a country other than Japan.
- Proficiency in the Japanese language and IELTS/TOEFL is not required.
How to Check Which Countries Announced MEXT Scholarship?
Click the official link below.
Then, please select your continent.
Then find your country.
Click on the Education tab of your embassy website.
People Also Ask:
Who is eligible for the MEXT scholarship in Japan?
Be between 18 and 30 years old. Have completed 12 years of education or have a high school diploma. Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in a country outside of Japan before applying and you will be able to return to that institution upon your return from Japan. Major in Japanese language or Japanese culture.
How do I apply for a Japanese government scholarship?
Prospective candidates are kindly requested to forward their applications to the Ministry of Education, No. 18, Ward Place, Colombo 7, on or before June 3, 2022. Application forms can only be downloaded from the website of the Ministry of Education.
How do I prepare for a MEXT test?
Start studying for each subject where your score is below 80%. For undergrad students, the MATH test is essential. I have written a MATH preparation book with previous tests, theory, and extra practice; this has more than 500 pages at the moment and contains both A and B tests. If necessary, hire a tutor to help you.