Horatio Alger Scholarship in USA 2023: As one of the nation’s largest college financial aid programs, the Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the nation’s most prestigious scholarship programs for high school students who have faced and overcome significant obstacles. The scholarships are supported by Horatio Alger members who, like the scholars, have overcome obstacles to become successful business and community leaders.
Students from all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico are eligible to receive the National Scholarship. National Scholars receive an expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., to attend the National Scholars Conference in the spring of their senior year. To receive the award, recipients must attend the National Scholars Conference.
Details About Horatio Alger Scholarship in USA 2023
The application period for the Horatio Alger Scholarship will begin on August 1 and end on October 25. The Horatio Alger Scholarship application is a common application, which means that you only need to apply once to be considered for all of the Association’s scholarship programs. Your application and all required materials must be uploaded to your online application by October 25 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time in order to be considered.
- American colleges offer a bachelor’s degree at the undergraduate level.
- United States of America
- Deadline: March 15, 2023
The Horatio Alger Scholarship offers the recipient the following:
- Grant 106 students $25,000 for four years of undergraduate study at any college in the United States.
Eligibility Criteria for Horatio Alger Scholarship
To be eligible for the Horatio Alger Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Language requirement: English
- Eligible Countries: United States of America
- Be enrolled full-time as a senior in high school in the United States; be on track to graduate in the spring or summer of 2020; and have plans to enroll in a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
- exhibit a strong desire to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited public or private non-profit institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Demonstrate critical financial need (an adjusted gross family income of $55,000 or less is required).
- Participate in extracurricular and volunteer activities.
- Exhibit honesty and tenacity in overcoming adversity.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0.
- Citizenship in the United States
How to Apply for Horatio Alger Scholarship?
Please follow the instructions below to submit an application for the Horatio Alger Scholarship:
Apply online through the official site.
To learn more about the Horatio Alger Scholarship, visit the official website: