High-Paying Jobs in Canada and Best Universities to Get You Hired 2023: Already determined to study in Canada? We don’t blame you. A large number of English-taught degrees, a well-developed economy, high living standards, and abundant employment opportunities attract thousands of international students each year to the country.
Below, we will discuss the best jobs in Canada, including the highest-paying jobs and the degrees and universities that provide the most employment opportunities.
Subjects with the highest graduate salaries in Canada
We’ve listed some of the fields with the highest post-graduation salaries. This list is by no means exhaustive. You can also earn a high income in other fields, particularly after gaining experience and advancing to managerial or administrative positions.
- Dentistry degrees
- Medicine degrees
- Nursing degrees
- Law degrees
- Engineering degrees
- Computer Sciences degrees
- Business degrees
Canadian universities with the highest graduate employability
A university’s prestige is meaningless if it does not prepare you for the job market. Fortunately, Canadian universities recognize the significance of teaching students skills that can be applied in the real world.
Check Alslo: Unskilled Jobs in Canada For Foreigners | 500+ Jobs
Using data from the Global University Employability Ranking 2020, the top Canadian universities are as follows:
- The University of Toronto and McGill
- Faculty of British Columbia
- McGill University and McMaster University
We also recommend the following Canadian universities that provide an excellent education that leads to excellent employment opportunities after graduation:
- Thompson Rivers College
- Winnipeg University, York University, Humber College
Top 10 best jobs in Canada 2023
It is difficult to define the “best job” because it frequently depends on an individual’s personal interests, skills, and priorities. However, if you rank jobs based on average salaries, employment growth, and future prospects, you can obtain a list of excellent jobs.
This is what Canadian Business does annually when they publish a list of the best jobs in Canada. Here are 2019’s top ten jobs, according to their research:
- Practitioner of Nursing: 104,000 CAD annually
- Dentist: $93,600 CAD annually
- Manager of Utilities: 114,000 CAD per year
- Electrician, Power Systems: 86,000 CAD per year
- Supervisor of Mining and Quarrying: 83,200 CAD per annum
- Supervisor of Pipefitting: 81,000 CAD annually
- Engineering Director: 106,000 CAD annually
- Director of Scientific Research: 102,000 CAD annually
- Director of Public Administration: 110,000 CAD annually
- Director of Construction: 83,000 CAD per annum
Highest paying jobs in Canada
It is unsurprising that some of the highest-paying jobs in Canada are also ranked among the top ten, given the importance of salary in the ranking. However, it is not the only factor to consider. Consequently, according to data from the Canadian Visa website, here are the five highest-paying jobs in Canada.
- Physician: 150,000 CAD per year
- Attorney: 135,000 CAD per year
- 77,250 CAD per year for the position of miner/oil and gas driller.
- Dentist: 75,000 CAD annually
- Licensed Practical Nurses: 74,000 CAD per year
As can be seen, there are differences between salaries based on Canadian business data and those based on Canadian visa data. This typically occurs because the average is calculated using data from jobs and employees in various regions.
Even if data from every region is considered, it is impossible to obtain information from every employee. There are additional factors that affect your salary, such as the type of degree you hold, your work experience in the field, etc.
These average salaries are provided to give you an idea of what you could potentially earn. However, your income will frequently depend on your knowledge, abilities, and, occasionally, even luck.
The work environment in Canada
Here are the 3 main positive aspects you can expect from working in Canada:
1. Collaboration and integration
Canada has a welcoming work culture, which is one reason why networking is essential for both Canadian and foreign graduates. The interest you exhibit and the size of your network indicate that you have obtained a suitable position after graduation.
2. Fair work hours
As in many other nations, the standard work week in Canada is Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. When applying for a job, you should inquire about the dress code and the team you will be working with, because collaboration among coworkers is highly valued.
Generally, managers treat employees equally, and their feedback is always appreciated. Additionally, punctuality is highly valued, so you should adhere to the given schedule.
3. Communication is key
It is crucial to always have a positive attitude toward your coworkers, your boss, and your tasks, as managers place a high value on the work environment. Communication also involves information, so if you are not satisfied with a response or do not fully comprehend something, you should ask additional questions.
Do I need a work visa for Canada?
As an international student completing a degree program in Canada, you are permitted to work for a period equal to the duration of your program but no longer than three years. You must submit an application for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) within 90 days of receiving written confirmation of your degree completion.
To be eligible to apply for the PGWPP, you must have graduated from the following institutions:
- A public institution of higher education or
- A private institution of higher education that adheres to the guidelines of public schools or
- A private institution of higher education offering qualification programs of at least 900 hours that lead to a “diplôme d’études professionnelles” (DEP) or an “attestation de spécialisation professionnelle” (ASP) or both.
- A private institution authorized by the Canadian province in which it is located to grant degrees
People Also Ask
Which occupation is most in demand in Canada?
The 15 Most Desirable Occupations in Canada in 2023 Sales Representative. In 2023, Sales Representatives, also known as sales associates, will continue to be one of the most in-demand occupations in Canada. Transportation Driver, Receptionist, Welder, Web Developer, Business Development Officer, Day Laborer, and Software Engineer.
Which industry is the most lucrative?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the highest-paying jobs in the United States are in medicine. Chief executives and airline pilots are also highly compensated professionals.