Healthcare Scheduler Jobs in the USA at Banner Health
Healthcare Scheduler Jobs in the USA at Banner Health: Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life and share a common goal: to make health care more accessible so that people can live better lives. If improving health care sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d like to hear from you.
Banner Health is looking for Healthcare Schedulers to work in our Contact Center. A dynamic candidate for this role will work directly with patients, coordinating schedules for providers in a fast-paced environment that challenges the agent???? to think quickly, critically, and responsibly while providing exceptional service throughout the customer journey and overall experience
This position provides numerous opportunities to learn about the patient healthcare experience in an ambulatory call center setting and will leverage your existing knowledge to support multiple clinics and health centers throughout the valley. ???? Together with our business partners, we are leveraging technology to innovate and provide our customers with a best-in-class experience. ???? As Arizona’s largest healthcare employer, we are proud to share our future vision of making healthcare easier so that people can live better lives.
This is a remote position. The Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You will have the opportunity to use your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally recognized healthcare leader at Banner Health Corporate. We offer to stimulate and reward careers in a variety of fields. Whether you have a background in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs, or Public Relations, there are numerous opportunities for you to contribute to our award-winning patient care.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
This position is in charge of scheduling across the system for physicians, medical facilities, and medical practices, including but not limited to facility resources, physicians, authorizations, insurance verification, benefits, and setting payment expectations to ensure an exceptional customer experience at each point of service. Using a broad understanding of customer engagement strategies, clinical procedures, and company facilities, this position provides accurate and timely information to create an easy, empathetic, and market-differentiated experience.
- Coordinates patients, providers, facility resources, ancillary staff, records, referrals, authorizations, and payers to schedule medical appointments. Receives and initiates calls to and from patients, providers, provider offices, and facilities, all while adhering to all established scheduling procedures and protocols to ensure patients receive the care they require, when and where they require it.
- Effectively schedules appointments, tests, and/or procedures using various electronic medical record/scheduling software systems in accordance with clinical staff protocols and scheduling standards. Identifies alternative schedule solutions in the event that the patient’s preferred schedule is not available, all while adhering to procedures and protocols and ensuring patient safety.
- Obtains patient demographics, insurance information, and documents needed to secure authorizations, referrals, or other data as determined by various facilities and insurance carriers. Obtain and properly document all necessary and accurate data during the intake/registration process. In accordance with procedural guidelines, collects and documents pertinent patient medical information.
- Patients are given information, pre-and post-test instructions, as well as the location of their appointment and directions. This position responds to questions in accordance with guidelines and protocols. As needed, refers questions to medical offices. Ensures that the patient has??? There are no surprises??? at the point of service by establishing payment expectations and, where applicable, providing estimated payment detail
- Effectively communicates and builds impactful relationships with patients, facilities, providers, and other clinical colleagues via written, digital, and verbal channels to ensure an easy, empathetic, solution-oriented patient experience, including but not limited to phone, chat email, electronic medical record messaging, and other digital channels. Anticipates and responds to patient and provider needs.
- In the document imaging software system, solicits, labels, stores, and manages scanned documents and orders received from physician offices. Ensures that all necessary documents are received prior to appointments and that orders are in accordance with each facility’s policies.
- Collects pre-payments and verifies insurance coverage as needed to ensure??? no surprises??? and make the patient more comfortable
- Inbound and outbound customer and staff communications are provided for all facilities in the states where they operate. Collaborates with other departments and staff to provide accurate managed care information.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of one year of customer service or related experiences in a healthcare setting, such as a medical office/clinic or hospital scheduling, is required. Other acceptable experience includes lab work, medical transcription, working as a medical assistant or receptionist in a medical setting, or other comparable work. Ability to use technology tools to research and obtain accurate information in order to respond to customer inquiries via incoming calls, emails, and/or instant messaging/chat avenues while maintaining professional solutions and a service-oriented demeanor at all times.
- The ability to effectively build customer loyalty through positive customer interactions and provide a simple experience. The ability to use a computer and type must be demonstrated.
- Maintaining a positive and helpful attitude with customers, providers, and clinic operations requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions as they relate to the above-mentioned functions. Must be able to learn and apply a thorough understanding of the company’s customer information systems. Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. It is necessary to have accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, as well as the ability to work effectively with common office software. Effective teamwork skills, as well as the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards, are required.
Experience working in an inbound call center or as a scheduler in a practice management setting is preferred. Understanding of payor contract terms and processes is preferred. Some knowledge of medical terminology is strongly preferred. It is preferable to be familiar with payor contract terms and processes.
Banner Health Information:
What might entice you to work at Banner Health? Of course, it’s a fantastic healthcare career—and a fantastic place to live at any age. There is a health care career for everyone in the West, from big city living in Phoenix to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. Banner Health, as one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, provides both the stability that comes with success and the opportunity to explore new areas of the country. If you want to be a key contributor to a forward-thinking organization, you’ll gain a variety of professional benefits.