If you do not have a high level of education or experience in any profession, you have come to the perfect place! Tomato Picking Jobs in Canada is the ideal career chance for unskilled job seekers who wish to work and settle in Canada. We always work hard and to the best of our abilities to deliver the best professional possibilities to everyone.
Check Also: Cleaner Carpet Jobs in Canada 2024 – Apply NowAdvertisement
We provide you with genuine employment opportunities that are free to apply for. You don’t have to scour the internet for employment; you can apply for them directly by clicking on the links provided at the bottom of each post, where you can also find other vacancies for the same job role.
Throughout the year, Canada exports greenhouse fruits and vegetables to its neighbor and largest trade partner, the United States. According to Agriculture Canada’s November 2022 report, there were 892 commercial greenhouse vegetable enterprises in Canada in 2021, producing 722,890 metric tons of vegetables. Every year, the greenhouse sector in Leamington, Canada’s greenhouse capital, grows significantly.
Our current employer, Canada Farm Jobs, is an immigrant and international recruitment hub that has been providing farmers with farm laborers and farm agriculture solutions since 2011. It not only benefits Canada’s local Agri-Food businesses by providing them with specifically specialized farm solutions, but it also assists with job placement and relocation, as well as settlement support.
Another significant advantage is that it assists job searchers throughout the process of applying for permanent residence. Let’s look more closely at Greenhouse Worker Jobs in Canada.
Details of Green House Worker Jobs in Canada
- Job title: Green House Workers
- Job Country: Canada
- Expected Salary: CAD 15-20
- Employee benefits: Yes. Depending upon the employers
- Free Accommodation: Most of the time
- Working conditions: Moist and Hot
- Visa Assistance: Yes
Requirements of Green House Worker Jobs in Canada
- There is no statutory minimum education requirement. Applicants can range from secondary school graduates to master’s degree holders.
- No prior experience is required. However, applicants with prior experience are preferred.
- A strong command of the English language is required.
- All necessary and supporting visa documentation.
Greenhouse Worksite environment
Depending on the greenhouse’s location (whether flat or hilly), the local climate, and the weather, the greenhouse working environment may include the following physical features:
- At heights.
- Confined Spaces.
- Wet and Damp.
Work responsibilities for Green House Worker Jobs
- Brush Collecting.
- Crop Cleaning and Weeding.
- Crop clipping.
- Fruit and Vegetable trees/ plant/ crops harvest activities like collecting them and packing them.
- House maintenance.
- Fruit / Vegetable Trees training.
- Greenhouse cleaning.
- Suckering plants like trees, shrubs, and other crops.
- Tying vines and canopies.
- Grafting seedlings and rooted cuttings.
- Pot and re-pot plants.
- Pruning trees and shrubs.
- Watering plants and tendering them.
- Planting bulbs.
- Sowing seeds.
- Transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings.
- Maintaining/ Tending to lawn and garden.
- Cleaning work area.
- Picking and Packing greenhouse fruits or vegetables.
Types of Greenhouse plants/ crops:
- Bedding plants or flowers like Marigolds.
- Cut flowers like those used in wreaths, garlands, or decorative home vases.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Seasonal plants/ crops like peppermint, chamomile, and ginger.
- Tropical plants like orchids.
Benefits of Green House Worker Jobs in Canada
- Stable Employment: A dependable source of employment, greenhouse farming is an expanding sector in Canada that ensures employment stability. Employment stability in the greenhouse industry is aided by the demand for locally cultivated vegetation and produce.
- Competitive Wages: Workers in the agricultural sector, including greenhouse cultivation, are frequently compensated competitively. This may appeal to individuals who are in search of equitable remuneration for their work.
- Practical Experience: Greenhouse laborers commonly engage in a variety of duties, including but not limited to planting, fertilizing, pruning, and harvesting. Agricultural and horticultural enthusiasts will find this practical experience to be beneficial.
- Skill Development: Practical skills about horticulture, including but not limited to plant care, insect management, and irrigation systems, can be acquired through greenhouse work. These competencies apply to additional agricultural positions.
- Employment Throughout the Year: Greenhouses facilitate the year-round cultivation of plants and commodities, even in regions with lower temperatures. This may result in employment that is more stable throughout the year in contrast to conventional outdoor cultivation.
- Innovation in Agriculture: Numerous greenhouses integrate cutting-edge technologies and implement sustainable practices, thereby exposing employees to novel agricultural approaches. Gaining this exposure may facilitate professional growth and foster a more profound comprehension of contemporary agricultural methodologies.
- Community Engagement: Rural communities frequently accommodate greenhouse operations. Engaging in greenhouse work enables individuals to actively participate in and contribute to these communities, thereby cultivating a strong sense of community involvement and belonging.
- Contribution to Local Food Supply: Greenhouse laborers make a valuable contribution to the local food supply through their involvement in the cultivation of fresh fruits, vegetables, and plants. This has the potential to enhance the sustainability of the local food system as a whole.
- Employee Benefits: Additional employee benefits provided by certain greenhouse employers include housing, health insurance, and various other advantages. The availability of these advantages may be contingent on the particular greenhouse and its policies.
- Immigration Opportunities: Immigration Opportunities Canada’s immigration policies frequently welcome agriculturally competent laborers. Prospective immigrants may find employment as greenhouse laborers, particularly if they possess the requisite expertise and proficiencies of the sector.
Where to find Green House Worker Jobs in Canada?
You can use Google to uncover all available worldwide and Canadian job search portals that will get you potential Greenhouse Workers Jobs in Canada:
- ECO Canada.
- Canada Job Bank
- Simply Hired.
How to Apply for Green House Worker Jobs in Canada?
Where to find Greenhouse Workers Jobs in Canada?
Canada Job Bank
How much does a greenhouse worker make in Canada?
In Canada, the average greenhouse worker wage is $27,300 per year or $14 per hour. Starting salaries for entry-level employment start at $26,325 per year, with most experienced professionals earning up to $30,225 per year.
What is the NOC code for greenhouse workers in Canada?
The employment outlook will be good for nursery and greenhouse laborers (NOC 85103) in Ontario for the 2023–2025 period. The following factors contributed to this outlook: Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.