Free Job in Canada: To ensure that the rights of all individuals are recognized and protected, the YWCA Toronto aims to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles. We seek to create a friendly environment for all women and people who identify as trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. Women and gender-diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, faiths, abilities, and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
The Front Desk Support Worker is in charge of providing a warm and friendly reception service and working as part of a team to create a meaningful and relevant environment for tenants and guests. Working within a feminist paradigm that incorporates a trained response as well as an understanding of the dynamics and impacts of trauma, mental health, and oppression.
Details of Free Job in Canada:
- Employment Type: Part-Time, Permanent
- Salary: $36,644 per annum (Prorated) (L5) plus comprehensive benefits
- Location: 150 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 0B1
- Seniority level: Entry level
- Job function: Other
- Industries: Civic and Social Organizations
- Work Hours: 26 hours per week (Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.); Tuesday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (virtually).
About Ywca Toronto – Ywca Elm Centre:
The YWCA Elm Centre has 300 permanent housing units for three different resident groups: 165 affordable rental units for women, 50 units for Indigenous women, gender-diverse people, and their families, and 85 supportive units for women and gender-diverse people experiencing mental health challenges or concurrent mental health and substance use challenges. The Elm Community Engagement Team offers programs and services to the entire residential community, with an emphasis on community capacity building, housing stabilization, and health promotion.
- Provide a warm and helpful reception; work as part of a team to create a meaningful atmosphere for renters and visitors;
- Working within a feminist paradigm that involves a skillful response to and understanding of the dynamics and impacts of trauma, mental health, and oppression;
- plan appointments for the Women’s College Clinic, which is located at Elm; plan tenant bookings for the Jack Layton Lounge, Nancy’s Auditorium, and the Winona Community Lounge;
- Assist in providing new renters with orientation to ensure familiarity and comprehension of programs, staff, and the community environment.
- Responds to on-site emergencies using on-call protocols (i.e. Directors, Property Services, and Housing Support program employees);
- When responding to potential safety concerns, take corrective action; and ensure hazards are reported to the proper personnel.
- All disturbances, vandalism, or other crises are reported to the supervisor, and an incident report is completed as needed.
- Liaison with appropriate personnel, such as Housing Workers, Community Engagement personnel, and Property Services.
- Completion of an undergraduate university degree in a related discipline (for example, social work) (equivalency cases will be examined);
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in supportive housing;
- A certificate from the Toronto Hostel Training Centre is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and previous work experience in a residential setting are a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and writing communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with crises and de-escalating conflict;
- Ability to interact respectfully and professionally with a varied group of women, their families, and visitors in a supportive housing environment;
- Working experience with different persons and groups, such as cultural diversity, gender, ability, religion, race, sexual orientation, and so on;
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise working with women who have been through precarious housing, poverty, violence/trauma, and mental health/concurrent addictions concerns.
- Working knowledge and expertise using an anti-oppression framework and trauma-informed practice
- Understanding of the harm reduction framework;
- Ability to adhere to all workplace safety regulations and procedures, as well as respond appropriately to emergency or safety circumstances;
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and perform well under pressure.
- Knowledge of security operating systems is an asset, as is the ability to communicate in a second language.
- Completion of WHMIS training is advantageous.
All YWCA Toronto workers, students, and volunteers are highly urged to acquire all COVID-19 immunizations and booster doses as prescribed by Toronto Public Health, according to the YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
How To Apply for Free Job in Canada:
Please send your cover letter and resume to Danielle Nakouz, Manager of the Elm Housing Support Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org as a single document. In the subject line, please include JOB ID number ELM884-Repost and your name.
- The successful candidate must undergo a vulnerable sector police reference check prior to being hired. The YWCA of Toronto is a unionized organization. CUPE Local 2189 represents the employees. This job is within the purview of the Bargaining Unit. This post is second-able for internal candidates.
- The YWCA Toronto promotes anti-oppression principles and adheres to the Ontario Human Rights Code. Women and gender-diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, faiths, abilities, and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with disabilities can request accommodations during all stages of the hiring process from the YWCA Toronto. If you are approached, please let us know if you require any accommodations. While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- The YWCA of Greater Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
About YWCA Toronto:
The YWCA Toronto is dedicated to enhancing the lives of women, girls, and individuals of all genders. We assist women and girls in fleeing violence, securing housing, finding employment, establishing their voices, enhancing skills, and developing confidence. We provide housing, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs, and family programs, as well as systemic advocacy. The YWCA, as part of a national and international movement, represents a watershed moment in the lives of 25 million women and girls worldwide. Women of all faiths, sexual orientations, races, cultural connections, and creeds are welcome. The United Way Toronto & York Region, the City of Toronto, the Province of Ontario, the Government of Canada, and several corporate sponsors, foundations, and individual supporters support the YWCA Toronto.
People Also Ask:
Is front desk a skilled job?
A front desk agent does not require experience, but they must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. One of the most essential characteristics of a front desk agent is attention to detail. Another skill essential is organization, as the front desk agent has to keep track of every guest and their needs.
What is a front desk person called?
A Receptionist is an expert who manages an organization’s front desk. Customers frequently have their first contact with them. The receptionists also handle a range of management duties.