The farm runs 1200 cows across 310 ha and milk through a 50-bail rotary with the latest technology upgrades.
You’ll perform various tasks related to the daily operations of a dairy farm such as milking, checking cows for mastitis, ensuring acceptable shed hygiene, effluent management, shifting irrigation sprinklers, and more. All training is provided.
- Milk cows
- Monitor herd health
- Perform general maintenance tasks
- Dairy Farm Assistant needed for a 1200-cow farm near Ashburton.
- Fixed-term option for an exceptional applicant.
- Accommodation and other perks are provided.
Dairy Farm Assistant needed for a 1200-cow, 310-ha farm close to Ashburton.
You’re keen to learn and have a good hard-working attitude. Experience on a dairy farm is a bonus, but we welcome anyone eager to get into farming to apply.
- Fluent in English
- Not afraid of hard work
- A current Driver’s License is beneficial
- Legal right to work in NZ is required (NZ/AU citizen, permanent resident visa, working holiday visa or other NZ work visa)
About Our Client
They’re passionate about dairy and committed to reducing their environmental footprint through utilising the latest research and technology and optimising irrigation methods.
Operating as a tight-knit team, you’ll be joining a wealth of knowledgeable farmers keen to share what they know.
What’s on Offer
- $62,000 – $66,000 base salary
- Accommodation provided (2 bedroom shared accommodation)
- Wet weather gear included
- Internet provided
- Full-time permanent position on offer, however, a fixed-term, seasonal option can be considered for the right applicant
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, apply online by submitting your CV and two contactable references.
Please note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.