The Agency London now operates 7 academies across 8 venues in the United Kingdom. Additional schools are scheduled to join the Agency We are hiring for positions in all of our schools. Successful applicants will be first confirmed as appointed to the Agency, and confirmation of the allocated school will be supplied during the Summer semester. On occasion, travel between sites may be required, for example, to attend training opportunities.
To instruct students at the school and to do such other related duties as the Principal may properly assign. These may involve advising and collaborating with the Principal and other teachers on the design and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programs, teaching methods, and assessments, as well as pastoral arrangements.
Requirements for Class Teaching Assistant Job in UK
This job description must be carried out in compliance with agreed-upon school policies, employee contracts, and the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
Read More: Free Visa Jobs in UK London
In all circumstances, accountable to the Principal and, in the absence of the Principal, to the Vice Principal.
In charge of supervising the work of applicable learning support assistants.
Collaboration with one or more of the following
- Students and parents.
- the Principal, Vice Principal, topic coordinators, and teaching and support staff.
- The ruling body.
- Teachers’ union representatives in schools.
- Education personnel from the local government.
- Teachers who provide guidance.
- Employees from other colleges or trusts.
- Members of the neighborhood.
Benefits of Class Teaching Assistant Job in UK – Tier 2 Visa Sponsorship
- Legal Authorization: Sponsorship for a Tier 2 visa grants individuals the lawful right to reside and work in the United Kingdom. It guarantees adherence to the immigration regulations of the nation, providing a stable and lawful standing.
- Employment Prospects: Teaching assistant positions are crucial components of the educational system and sponsorship for a Tier 2 Visa expands the array of employment opportunities accessible to non-UK citizens.
- Extended Stay: Visa sponsorship frequently enables individuals to remain in the United Kingdom for a longer duration, thereby facilitating the establishment of professional careers, assimilation into the local community, and potentially the exploration of settlement options.
- Experience in the UK Education System: The opportunity to work as a teaching assistant in the United Kingdom provides an individual with the chance to acquire significant experience within the educational system of the United Kingdom. This experience may contribute to the advancement and maturation of one’s career.
- Competitive Salaries: Teaching Assistant positions in the United Kingdom generally offer competitive salaries, although exact remuneration may differ depending on qualifications, experience, and the particular academic establishment.
- Professional Development: Educators frequently allocate resources toward the professional growth and advancement of their personnel. Teaching assistants might be granted access to seminars and training programs to augment their expertise and competencies.
- Contribution to Education: The support that teaching assistants provide to students and instructors in the classroom is an essential contribution to education. Taking part in the improvement of students’ education and well-being is a gratifying venture.
- Healthcare Benefits: Healthcare benefits are contingent upon the educational institution and the terms of the employment contract, thereby guaranteeing the well-being of individuals throughout their sojourn in the United Kingdom.
- A Cultural Experience: Working and residing in the United Kingdom offers an extensive cultural encounter. Those who so choose may immerse themselves in the educational system, customs, and British culture.
- Networking Opportunities: The education system in the United Kingdom provides Teaching Assistants with the chance to establish professional networks. Networking can be advantageous for prospective employment opportunities, collaborations, and career progression.
- Language Development: Working in the United Kingdom provides an immersive environment for non-native English speakers to enhance their language abilities, which is advantageous on a professional and personal level.
- Integration Support: To facilitate the assimilation of newly hired personnel into the local community, academic establishments frequently offer integration support. This may consist of provisions for accommodation, local services, and cultural orientation.
Key Tasks and Activities
- The following are the primary job duties associated with the position:
- To instruct assigned students in the allotted class based on their educational needs;
- Control and supervise the use and storage of classroom instructional materials;
- Under the supervision of Year Leaders and in collaboration with other colleagues, design and prepare lessons, schemes of work, and activities that ensure the class’s work gives equal access to the curriculum and is appropriate to the age range and skills of the children in it.
- Monitor and assess students’ achievements and progress by school-agreed-upon procedures, and communicate to parents regularly as needed.
- To maintain discipline in conformity with the school’s policies and disciplinary mechanisms;
- Attend meetings, participate in discussions, and implement management methods required to coordinate the activities of the school and the Trust as a whole.
- To promote equal opportunities within the school and to ensure that the Trust’s equal opportunities policy is followed;
- To mark attendance sheets in class.
Engage in and agree on a professional development strategy.
Attend relevant INSET, report back to colleagues, and use the outcomes in classroom practice as needed.
Equality of Opportunity
- As a Trust employee, I accept individual and collective professional responsibility for maintaining and supporting a workplace free of discrimination, victimization, harassment, and bullying.
- All information obtained through employment, whether formally or informally, must be kept strictly confidential.
- Being aware of and adhering to child protection policies and procedures, as well as reporting all concerns to the right person.
- Level 2 Diploma in Teaching/Education NVQ 2 Teaching/Education Certificate standards are advantageous. Tier 2 Sponsorship is accessible for both UK-based and international candidates.
For More Info:
What qualifications do I need to be a teaching assistant UK?
Each school has its own admissions standards, but you’ll normally need GCSEs in English and maths ranging from 9 to 4 (A* to C). You must also demonstrate your ability to work successfully with children, instructors, and parents. A qualification in nursery work, childcare, playwork, or youth work will put you ahead of the competition.
Are teaching assistants in demand UK?
Teaching assistants are in low supply in England’s schools. A big poll conducted earlier in 2022 discovered that of all sorts of educational professionals, classroom support personnel were the most difficult to obtain in the previous year, with 45% of employers reporting difficulty recruiting TAs.
Can teachers get sponsorship in the UK?
The sponsor can be the school where they work, the local authority, or an academy trust. Sponsors must have a ‘worker license’, sometimes referred to as an ’employer license’. Your school or organization may already be a licensed worker sponsor. Check the register of licensed sponsors for workers.