Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Recruitment Application Form 2023/24 – Apply Now
The Canada Border Services Agency is searching for analytical and career-minded individuals of all ages with good communication skills and a dedication to service excellence to be hired in 2023/2024.
If you are eager to take on new challenges as they arise in the workplace, apply today for this unique Canada Border Services Agency continuing recruiting.
If you have any unanswered queries about the recruiting processes, please rest since they will all be addressed in this post.
CBSA’s Most Recent Updates Application for Recruitment in 2023/2024
The CBSA is presently accepting applications; as they become available, apply through Government of Canada Jobs. Create an account and sign up for email notifications to be alerted when a selection process becomes available.
Please keep in mind that these CBSA Recruitment opportunities may only be published for a limited time, so if you do not subscribe to notifications, visit the site frequently.
Alternatively, you can look up suitable positions in the CBSA Office Directory.
To attend a virtual session, you must first register for an event.
- Saskatchewan Virtual Career Fair on Tuesday, May 17, 2023, from 1 to 4 p.m. (Eastern time)
- Carleton University will have a virtual spring career fair in Ontario on May 23, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern time)
- On Wednesday, May 30, 2023, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Federal Safety, Security, and Intelligence Career Fair will be held at the National Event (Eastern Time)
Information About The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
The Canada Border Services Organization (CBSA) is a federal law enforcement agency in Canada that is in charge of border control (i.e. protection and surveillance), immigration enforcement, and customs services.
Border officers, also known as Border Services Officers (BSO) or Border Patrol Officers (BPO), Customer officers, and Customs agents are employed by the CBSA Officer.
Among their offerings are:
- They are in charge of enforcing legislation that oversees the entry and exit of people, products, plants, and animals into and out of Canada.
- They detain individuals who may constitute a threat to Canada.
- removing inadmissible persons from Canada, especially those implicated in terrorism, organized crime, war crimes, or crimes against humanity interdicting illicit commodities entering or departing the nation
- Food safety, plant and animal health, and Canada’s resource base are all at risk.
- safeguard Canadians, the environment, and industry by blocking the entry of drugs, weapons and guns, obscene publications, and other forbidden commodities
- Responsible for implementing trade remedies that assist safeguard Canadian industry from the harmful consequences of subsidized and dumped imported goods, as well as administering a fair and impartial redress procedure.
- The CBSA investigates, discovers, and apprehends immigration and refugee protection act offenders, as well as collects appropriate duties and taxes on imported commodities.
The CBSA Recruitment Application Requirements
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in order to apply.
- Diploma from a high school
- A current driver’s license
- Must be willing to work anywhere in Canada.
- Applicants are urged to take courses in policing, psychology, criminology, security, and law.
- It should be noted that Canadian nationals and veterans are given priority.
The CBSA Recruitment Application Process
- After satisfying the aforementioned prerequisites, apply online.
- Candidates must pass the Officer Trainee Entrance Exam (OTEE), which is an online exam with 132 multiple-choice questions.
- After completing the exam, you will be asked to an interview to evaluate the candidate’s values, honesty, judgment, communication talents, and capacity to cope with difficult situations.
- Following that, you must successfully complete the Canadian Firearms Safety and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Courses, as well as pass the necessary examinations.
- Physical fitness testing
- Clearance for top-secret security
- Psychological evaluation
- Medical examination
- Following the completion of all of these procedures, you will be notified of the outcome.
Take notice that the procedure might take up to 18 months owing to the comprehensive testing necessary.
The CBSA’s Salary
- You will be provided with paid lodgings and meals, as well as a weekly allowance of $125 to cover basic living expenses while attending CBSA College.
- Your yearly compensation as a trainee will range from $69,423 to $77,302. (FB-02). Pay rates are subject to change when a new collective agreement is signed.
- You will become a border services officer after successfully completing the development program at an allocated port of entry. Your yearly pay will rise from $75,100 to $89,068. (FB-03).
- If you work in a multilingual role, you may be eligible for a bilingual bonus.