Apple Picking Jobs in Australia For Unskilled Foreigners: The Apple Harvesting Season is in full swing in Australia, which means there is a surge in the Apple Job Market! Apple picking and packing jobs are plentiful in Australian apple farms for both local and international workers.
Read More: PPHI Sindh Jobs 2023 – Apply OnlineAdvertisement
As apple farms reach their maximum operational capacity, not only apple-picking jobs, but also jobs like Forklift Operators, Farm Supervisors, Farm Hands, Marketing Teams, Warehouse Associates, and so on, will be created.
The purpose of this post is to publish unskilled jobs in Australia for foreigners. So, in addition to skilled jobs at apple farms requiring formal education, we will talk about Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for unskilled foreigners in 2023. This position is only available to second/third-year working holiday visa holders or seasonal visa workers. Tasmania, Australia, is the location of the farm. Let’s go over the rest of the details, including the link to apply directly on Agri Jobs Australia.
Details of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia For Unskilled Foreigners
- Job Country: Australia.
- Employer’s location: Sidmouth, Tasmania, Australia.
- Sponsoring agency: Agri Labour Australia.
- Industry: Agriculture
- Job Title: Fruit Picker, Farm Worker.
- Job type: Full-time (six days per week for 8-10 hours a day).
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Varies from one employer to another.
- Valid visa types: 2nd and 3rd year working holiday visa, Work visa, Seasonal worker visa, Student visa, and PR holders.
- Accommodation: Varies from one employer to another.
- Expected Salary: minimum $42.50 per bin for strip picking and $50 for select picking.
- Expected Season: February-Mid May.
Requirements of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia
- The candidate must be physically fit and strong enough to carry a heavy picking bag weighing up to 15kg while also climbing up and down ladders.
- The candidate must be able to work long hours and overtime.
- The candidate must be adaptable in the workplace and a team player.
- Previous experience picking piece fruit is advantageous but not required.
- The candidate must be in their second or third year of a Working Holiday visa.
- The candidate should be able to arrange their own lodging.
- The candidate must work for a few days in order to learn the technique required to become a quick picker. In other words, it is on-the-job training.
- The candidate must ensure his own safety.
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude.
Benefits of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia
- You are paid on a piece-rate basis, which means you have complete control over your earnings!
- Attractive Salary Packages+ Penalty rate.
- The job’s simplicity makes it very simple to learn.
- Tasmania has many apple farms because apples are one of the most popular fruits in the Australian province. The season lasts from February to mid-May, so there are always apple-picking jobs available in Tasmania.
- The sponsoring agency is an award-winning Australian firm with clients in all states and territories. You get a dependable job search partner as a new job seeker.
- You have the option of strip picking (picking all of the apples at once) or selective picking (only selecting ripe pieces).
- Tasmania is known for having the cleanest air in the world, indicating that it is a good and healthy place to live.
Responsibilities of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for unskilled foreigners
- Apple trees are manually cultivated and pruned.
- Taking care of orchards by weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, and so on.
- Manually thinning apples from the trees.
- Before harvest, bins are placed in the orchard.
- Cleaning up the orchard.
- Repairing and discarding old or broken baskets.
- Identifying overripe or rotten apples.
- Ladders weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruits and vegetables into containers with care to avoid any damage.
- Some pickers must also drive tractors or other vehicles to transport fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
How to Apply for Apple Picking Jobs?
- You will be directed to the official job search portal by clicking on the link below; use the application button provided below the job description.
- You can also use the search box and the location box to narrow down your job search results. Fill in the blanks with your job title, such as “Farm Jobs in Australia for Foreigners/ with Visa Sponsorship”, “Fruit Picking Jobs in Australia for Foreigners/ with Visa Sponsorship”, “Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for Foreigners”, “Agriculture Jobs for Working Holiday Visa”, “Agriculture Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship”.
- Select Tasmania, Australia from the location bar to the right of the search bar.
- It is preferable to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter in accordance with current market trends, as your employer may notice the layout/presentation.
- Examine the job posting’s specifics, such as the job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, and so on.
- Before applying, make sure you meet all of the requirements. Examine the job description and its requirements thoroughly.
- Click the “Online Application” button to the right.
- Fill out the required information and submit the application.
- Check to see if you received a confirmation email for your job application.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Requirements of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia
The candidate must be physically fit and strong enough to carry a heavy picking bag weighing up to 15kg while also climbing up and down ladders.
The candidate must be able to work long hours and overtime.
The candidate must be adaptable in the workplace and a team player.
Previous experience picking piece fruit is advantageous but not required.
The candidate must be in their second or third year of a Working Holiday visa.
The candidate should be able to arrange their own lodging.
The candidate must work for a few days in order to learn the technique required to become a quick picker. In other words, it is on-the-job training.
The candidate must ensure his own safety.
Self-motivated, with a positive attitude.
How much do apple pickers get paid in Australia?
Picker jobs in Australia pay an average annual salary of $45,000 to $60,000.