The application period for the University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship 2024 in Japan has commenced. International students hailing from ADB member countries who are interested in undertaking a Master’s degree at the esteemed University of Tokyo are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Presented annually, the ADB Scholarship is a highly esteemed opportunity that awards over 300 scholarships. It covers all expenses for the academic year 2024-2025 and is entirely funded.
The University of Tokyo provides students with the opportunity to pursue their Master’s degree in a diverse array of academic disciplines and concentrations through the ADB Scholarship program. Application for this scholarship is not required; the scholarship will be granted for two years. The ADB-JSP Scholarship, established in partnership between the Asian Development Bank and the Japanese Government, guarantees students access to an English-language education of exceptional caliber.
The University of Tokyo, founded in 1877, is a preeminent public research institution situated in Tokyo, Japan. With more than 30,000 national and international students enrolled, it has a diverse student body. The university has generated numerous influential leaders and is renowned for its dedication to educational excellence. It is currently positioned at the 26th rank globally and is ranked first in Japan and Asia.
Details of ADB Scholarship at University of Tokyo:
|Funded by||Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program|
|University||University of Tokyo|
|Degree||Master & Ph.D|
- The full tuition fee will be provided.
- Housing Allowance Included in the Free Housing Subsistence Allowance
- Accident and medical insurance for students
- Provision for the purchase of economy-class airline tickets.
- Luggage Allowance, Airport Taxes, and Visa Fees
- Research/thesis allowance. Postage, Communications, Binding Charges, Photocopying, School Supplies, Typing and Computer Fees, Local Travel Expenses, and Lodging for Out-of-Town Trips
List of Available Study Fields:
- Department of Natural Environmental Studies
- Department of Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Department of Environment Systems
- Department of Human and Engineered Environmental Studies
- Department of Socio-Cultural Environment Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science—Global Leadership Initiative
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese ODA scholarship-eligible country listed here;
- Absence of dual citizenship in any developed nation;
- Have successfully enrolled in a master’s program that has been approved by a designated institution;
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, demonstrating a distinguished academic record;
- At the time of application, possess a minimum of two (2) years of full-time professional working experience that was obtained after completing a university degree. To continue their studies, the candidate must possess proficient oral and written English communication abilities.
- Applicants must not exceed 35 years of age at the time of submission unless the requirement is waived in exceptional circumstances with the explicit approval of the Japanese government.
- Maintain your vitality.
- Consent to return and work in his or her home country for a minimum of two (2) years to contribute to its development following completion of studies under the program;
- Not be enrolled in graduate degree programs at this time.
Benefits of ADB Scholarship at University of Tokyo:
- Financial Assistance: ADB scholarships customarily furnish monetary assistance to offset expenses related to education, including tuition, lodging, travel, and miscellaneous costs. This can substantially mitigate the financial strain that is commonly associated with the pursuit of advanced education.
- The prestigious establishment: The University of Tokyo is internationally rated among the top universities. Enrolling at an institution of such renown can bolster one’s academic credentials and grant access to a myriad of prospects in the professional sphere.
- Superior Education: At the University of Tokyo, recipients of ADB scholarships are afforded access to premier research facilities, a superior education, and interactions with authorities in their respective disciplines.
- Exposure on an International Scale: International students gain access to a wide range of academic experiences, cultures, and perspectives by attending a prestigious institution such as the University of Tokyo. This can enhance your educational experience and expand your worldview.
- Optimal Research Prospects: The University of Tokyo is renowned for its contributions to research in numerous fields. Recipients of ADB scholarships might be afforded the chance to participate in research endeavors and commune with preeminent academicians within their respective disciplines.
- Promotion of Networking Opportunities: Students who are affiliated with a prestigious institution can cultivate an extensive network of connections and contacts. This network has the potential to be beneficial in academic and professional contexts.
- Professional Development: Benefiting from an ADB scholarship while attending a prestigious university can significantly improve one’s career prospects. Employers frequently hold scholarship recipients and graduates of prestigious institutions in high regard.
- Literacy Proficiency: Pursuing an education in a non-native language setting, such as the University of Tokyo, offers the chance to enhance one’s language skills, especially if the curriculum is delivered in English or another target language.
- A Cultural Exploration: The experience of living and studying in Tokyo, a city renowned for its cultural diversity and vitality, is unparalleled. It provides the opportunity for complete immersion in the Japanese language, culture, and traditions.
- A Global Viewpoint: International faculty and students attend the University of Tokyo, which contributes to the institution’s global and diverse learning environment. This exposure aids in the formation of a global outlook, which is crucial in the interconnected world of today.
How to Apply for ADB Scholarship at University of Tokyo?
Verify your ADB-JSP eligibility status.
Make an effort to identify faculty members under your supervision. To locate a supervisor, one visits the GSFS website or the website of the relevant department.
By December 10, upload application materials to a designated URL.
Applicants for ADB scholarships will be obligated to submit supporting documents only if they are selected as winners (mid-February). Successful candidates who have duly submitted all the necessary documents to ADB (as of last March) will be nominated by GSFS.
We are informed of the outcome of the selection process by ADB-JSP in May.
Procedures on admission and immigration (May to September)
Obtain a student visa to Japan and register for GSFS in late September. The first day of the autumn semester is October 1.
There is no specific information pertaining to an ADB scholarship at the University of Tokyo. Nevertheless, drawing from conventional wisdom regarding scholarship programs and esteemed institutions, one could deduce a number of possible advantages:
People Also Ask:
Who is eligible for an ADB Japan scholarship?
The program is open to nationals of an ADB borrowing member country who have gained admission to an approved master’s course at a designated institution.
What is the ADB Japan Scholarship Program at the University of Tokyo?
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) provides scholarships for master’s students for one year, which may be extended to the second year of study if appropriate, on the condition that the student maintains a satisfactory level of performance as determined by Tokyo Tech.
Does the University of Tokyo give full scholarships?
The University of Tokyo hopes that every university student will enjoy successful learning, a fruitful campus life, and ideal career paths after graduation. For these purposes, the university provides full support for students, including scholarships and tuition exemptions.