Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023 – Apply Now
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023: The Government of Japan and the World Bank Group collaborate on the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP). This one-of-a-kind initiative aims to contribute to the development of human resources in developing nations, fostering a new generation of leaders who will drive economic and social progress.
This program enables exceptional and aspirational professionals from developing nations to pursue graduate studies at prestigious universities worldwide. By providing scholarships in fields ranging from economics and public policy to engineering and the social sciences, the program equips scholars with the knowledge and skills they need to address the complex challenges facing their countries.
This blog will examine the specifics of this scholarship, including its benefits, eligibility requirements, and application procedure.
|Provided by||Joint Japan/ World Bank Scholarship Programs (JJ/WBGSP)|
|Deadline||26th May 2023 at noon, Washington Time (9:30 pm IST)|
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have been accepted into one of the following participating programs:
- Australian National University
- The Climate Change Master
- Environmental and Resource Economics Master
- Environmental Management and Development Master
- Expertise in public policy
- Brandeis University
- Master’s Degree in Conflict Resolution and Peace
- Master of Global Health Management and Policy
- Columbia — School of International and Public Affairs
- The Application of MPA to Development Practice
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration
- Erasmus University Rotterdam-IHS
- Urban Housing and Land Justice: Equitable Access to Sustainable Land, Housing, and Services
- MSc in Urban Management and Development: Urban Environment, Sustainability, and Climate Change: Integrated Management of Land, Water, and Air; Strategic Urban Planning and Policies: Managing the Socio-Spatial Dynamics of Sustainable Cities
- Harvard — Kennedy School of Government
- International Development Master of Public Administration
- IHE Delft Institute
- MSc in Water and Sustainable Development from IHE Delft Track: Water, Food, and Energy
- Water and sustainable development Master’s: Water Hazards, Climate Risks, and Climate Trajectory
- Water and sustainable development Master’s MSc in Water and Sustainable Development, Water and Health Track, Track on Water Resources and Ecosystem Health
- Keio University
- Master of Taxation Policy and Management, Keio University
- London School of Economics
- MSc in Development Management MSc Development Studies MSc in Global Health Policy MSc in International Social and Public Policy are offered by the London School of Economics.
- National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
- Tax Course of the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) Public Finance Program
- Saitama University
- International Graduate Program in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Saitama University
- SOAS University of London
- Master of Science in International Finance and Development from SOAS University of London
- Stanford University
- Master of International Policy,
- Université Clermont-Auvergne – FERDI
- Master of Economic Policy Administration
- University of Leeds: Master of Public Health (International) University of Oxford: Master of Public Policy Department of International Development: MSc in Refugees and Forced Migration Studies University of Sussex: MSc in Refugees and Forced Migration Studies
- MA Environment, Development, and Policy Master of Arts in Food and Economic Growth
- Climate Change, Development, and Policy Master of Science: Migration and World Progress
- University of Tokyo
- Graduate School of Public Policy (GraSPP): International Program, Master of Public Policy
- International Program on Agricultural Development Studies, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Science
- College of Tsukuba
- Economics and Public Policy Master’s Program
- Yokohama National University
- Yokohama National University Infrastructure Management Program (IMP) | Yokohama National University Institute of Urban Innovation (ynu.ac.jp)
Eligibility Criteria for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023
- You must be accepted into one of the programs listed above.
- You must be a citizen of a developing nation that is a World Bank member.
- You cannot hold dual citizenship with any developed country
- Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) earned at least three years prior to the application deadline is required.
- After receiving a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree, you must have at least three years of recent, full-time, paid work experience in the development field.
- Be unconditionally admitted (excluding funding) for the following academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s programs outside the applicant’s place of citizenship and country of residence by the scholarship application deadline date.
- People who previously received a JJWBGSP scholarship but did not graduate or who previously received a scholarship but did not accept it are not eligible to apply.
Check Also: Kyoto University ADB Scholarship in Japan 2023 Fully Funded
- Our graduate program tuition as well as your basic health insurance costs are covered by the university
- A monthly support grant to cover all living expenses (accommodation, food, etc., including books) while staying on campus for the entire duration of the scholarship. Depending on the host country, the allowance varies in size.
- Includes economy class air travel from your home country to the host university, at the start of your study program and immediately after the end of the scholarship period. Scholars will also receive two round-trip flights and a travel allowance of US$500 (41,075 INR) for each trip.
How to apply for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023
- Submit the application online via the official website.
- The documents needed to complete the application are as follows:
- Two letters of professional recommendation
- Evidence that the applicant meets the eligibility requirement for the number of years of recent development-related work is required.
- Transcripts for the most recent degree earned by the applicant’s CV
- Admission Letter Without Conditions for the upcoming academic year
People also ask
Are MEXT scholarships for 2023 available?
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan (MEXT) has begun recruiting students who wish to study Japanese language and culture for MEXT Scholarships in 2023. Utsunomiya University is pleased to announce that Universitas Gadjah Mada students can now apply for this scholarship!
How are students chosen for the program?
The selection procedure is extremely competitive and stringent. The evaluation of applicants is based on their academic accomplishments, leadership potential, professional experience, and the relevance of their proposed study program to the development needs of their home country. The final selection is made by a committee comprised of representatives from the government of Japan and the World Bank Group, who may invite candidates for interviews.