Hotel Jobs in Japan for Foreigners 2023-24
Hotel Jobs in Japan for Foreigners 2023-24: There are many hotel jobs available across the nation, and this industry is one of the best for employment overall. People all around the world depend on the hospitality (hotel) business to deliver experiences and services that make people happy and comfortable.
Working in hotels has many benefits, like the chance to expand your expertise and education and meet and welcome new people every day from all around the world.
Now continue below to receive a comprehensive list of hotel jobs in Japan for everyone, and if you fulfill the requirements for the position, don’t hesitate to apply right now.
Hotels are a key component of the hospitality sector and run essentially the same everywhere. Hospitality jobs are also a well-liked way to get extra money due to its lax restrictions.
Because Japanese hospitality employees are among the best in the world and they want to keep it that way, there may be training to maintain or increase the quality of work.
Being employed in the hospitality business can be a wise career decision because there are opportunities for advancement. Entry-level occupations can advance to managerial positions with experience.
Jobs Available In Hotels In Japan
Marriott International offers equal employment opportunities. We support maintaining an inclusive, people-first culture and employing a diverse staff.
They are dedicated to preventing discrimination for any legally recognized reason, including veteran status and protected characteristics like handicaps.
1. Servers (21 positions open):
Japanese restaurant servers, Italian restaurant servers, part-time banquet servers, food & beverage servers, bartenders, food & beverage – in-room dining servers, and many more are needed by Marriott Hotels.
As a server, you will be familiar with all of the finer points of their cuisine and eager to impart your knowledge to their customers.
No matter the day, your goal is to give diners a memorable dining experience that will stick with them long after their visit.
Duties and Roles:
- Greet visitors and quickly tend to tables.
- Serving guests food and drinks while providing advice as necessary
- Share your expertise about the menu to help visitors with inquiries and special requests
- Correctly and promptly enter transactions into the MICROS system.
- To ensure that each course and beverage is to the guests’ satisfaction, check in with them.
- Clean the tables, finish the closing tasks, and replenish the supplies such as tableware.
- Excellent communication skills and a focus on teamwork
- Positivity and extroverted nature
- A major benefit is previous service experience.
2. Front desk (89 open positions):
- The following positions are open at Marriott: Front Desk Night Supervisor, Front Desk Agent, Front Desk Agent-Supervisor, Front Desk Agent-Clerk, Front Desk Agent-Lead, Guest Recognition Agent, Butler Service Desk Agent, Guest Service Representative, and several others.
- Confirm reservations, assign rooms, distribute and activate room keys, and handle all visitor check-ins.
- Process all forms of payment, including cash, checks, debit, and credit, as well as room charges. All check-outs should be processed, with any late or disputed charges being settled.
- All visitor calls, messages, requests, questions, or complaints are handled by answering, recording, and processing them. Work with housekeeping to ensure that the rooms are prepared for check-in.
- Inform visitors and guests on parking procedures, and send out bell or valet employees as necessary. Provide directions and information to visitors about the property and nearby points of interest.
3. Manager of Hotels (183 Positions):
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that operations satisfy workers’ demands, target increasing revenues, and maximize financial performance.
Duties and Roles:
- Front office, retail/gift shops, recreation/fitness center, housekeeping, security/loss prevention, engineering/maintenance, food and beverage/cuisine, and event management, where applicable, are some of the areas of responsibility.
- serves as the property operations’ strategic business leader and fills in as General Manager when they are not present.
- The position develops and implements the operations strategy with the help of direct subordinates (Executive Committee members and department heads), and ensures that the brand service strategy and brand initiatives are carried out.
- 8 years of experience in management operations, sales, and marketing, or a related professional field; a 2-year degree in business administration, hotel and restaurant management, or a comparable major from an approved university.
- OR 6 years of experience in management operations, sales, and marketing, or a similar professional field, with a 4-year bachelor’s degree in business administration, hotel and restaurant management, or a related major
The following additional posts are sought by Marriott:
- Managing Director, The Westin Rusutsu Report
- Manager of St. Regis in Osaka
- Services Director
- I-AAA Hotel Manager
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Manager of a specialty restaurant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Manager Assistant Front Desk
- Assistant Manager-Front Office, Night Manager, and several others.
4. Cook/Chef (54 vacancies):
When you offer your innate talents and love of food, they accept you into the family. Whatever your area of expertise or culinary training, they provide significant incentives and chances to advance your abilities.
You will collaborate closely with a group of motivated experts who welcome and support your suggestions.
- Cooking fresh items in accordance with recipes or menus
- Cook and quickly produce top-notch meal items
- To guarantee correct preparation and temperature, test your cuisine.
- Utilize kitchen appliances sensibly and safely.
- Ensure that surfaces and storage bins are clean and properly sanitized.
- Excellent teamwork and detail-oriented skills
- Positivity and extroverted nature
- Experience in the kitchen before is a significant plus.
5. Room Services (14 vacancies):
Marriott is looking for many positions, including Attendant-Spa Locker Room -Part-Timer, Housekeeping Coordinator, Housekeeping Aide, Housekeeper, Housekeeping Manager, and Housekeeping Assistant Manager.
- Replacing the room’s amenities and supplies
- Clean floors, vacuum carpets, fold linens, and make beds.
- Clean up any garbage, soiled sheets, and room service items.
- Greeting visitors and attending to their needs
- Clean up the desk, the furnishings, and the appliances.
- Dust, polish, and clean up any stains on the walls and furniture.
Hotel Employee Salary In Japan:
Hotel Attendant salaries typically vary from JPY 2,698,969 to JPY 3,994,474.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a foreigner operate at a hotel in Japan?
Hotel positions in Japan. As you can see, there are a variety of hotel types in Japan, and many are amenable to hiring foreigners. Due to these factors, there are numerous hotel positions in Japan. The types of available employment vary depending on the type of hotel you wish to work for.
What is the minimum age to apply for a job in Japan?
At the time of visa application, the applicant must be between 18 and 30 years old, inclusive. For Australia, Canada, the Republic of Korea, and Ireland, the applicant must be between 18 and 25 years old, unless the competent authorities of Japan consent to extend the age limit to 30.