German Chancellor Scholarships 2023
German Chancellor Scholarships 2023: At the moment, up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships are available. The German Chancellor Fellowship Program of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is aimed at university graduates with an international perspective and initial leadership experience from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, and the United States. It is aimed at prospective decision-makers, multipliers, and thought leaders from a variety of professional fields, including politics, public policy, and business.
Administration and business, as well as society and culture, are all included. This fellowship program is designed to provide them with the opportunity to spend a year in Germany exploring new solutions to today’s global issues and expanding their networks. With this program, Germany reaffirms itself as a preferred destination for intercultural dialogue and a meeting place for tomorrow’s international leaders.
The German Chancellor Fellows pursue self-developed, research-based projects that are societally relevant and have the potential for long-term, publicly visible impact during their stay in Germany. They are supervised by German hosts whom they choose and who have the necessary level of expertise to mentor the respective topics. Their projects help the fellows advance in their careers.
In order to develop into successful international leaders, they must gain new international experience and strengthen their intercultural skills in Germany.
Level of Education:
German Chancellor Scholarships 2023 – Fellowships in Germany are available to pursue Fellowship level programs at German universities.
The following subjects are available for study through this scholarship program.
- Every Subject
- This fellowship for aspiring leaders sends you to Germany for a year to carry out a project idea you created. We will assist you in networking with international future leaders in order to find new solutions to today’s global issues. We provide you with
- depending on your training and career level, a monthly fellowship grant of 2,000 euros, 2,300 euros, or 2,600 euros
- an intensive language course before beginning your fellowship, funding for German courses during your fellowship, and individual support while in Germany
- additional financial support, for example, for mobility, accompanying family members, travel expenses, full private health insurance, or additional German language courses joint events where you engage in professional and personal intercultural exchange with fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society
- networking activities that allow you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organize smaller network formats with other fellows, a two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany throughout your entire professional career
- Your host will receive a monthly subsidy of €500 to cover any costs incurred while carrying out the project.
Brazil, China, India, South Africa, and the United States are eligible.
Criteria for Eligibility:
Regardless of industry, the German Chancellor Fellowship supports future decision-makers, multipliers, and thought leaders. If you are interested, please apply.
work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society, or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago The key date for this twelve-year period is October 1, 2023.
want to carry out an independently developed project in Germany with a host of your choice
have a strong command of English and/or German languages
Before applying, you should consult with your chosen host about the specifics of your project.
Please submit all application documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation only online.
Motivational letter: Tell us what motivates you, what leadership experience you have, and what your career objectives are.
Before applying, outline the project you created and agreed on with your intended host. Why is your project important to society, and how will you be able to bridge the gap between Germany and your home country in the future?
- extensive statement from your German host, including mentoring agreement
- and two letters of recommendation (no older than 12 months) from people who can provide information about your professional, personal, and/or academic background
- The online application form includes links to upload letters of recommendation and statements. Please forward these links to the appropriate people as soon as possible. As soon as we receive all of the required documents, we will send you a confirmation email.
Please contact us (info[at]avh. de) before submitting your application if you have any doubts or questions. We are delighted to assist.