Fully Funded Scholarships in Japan For International Students 2023
Fully Funded Scholarships in Japan For International Students 2023: Have you ever contemplated studying as an international student in Japan? Japan is a renowned study-abroad destination that offers students several perks. Foreign students in Japan can study Japanese culture, food, and language. Generally, Japan is regarded as a safe country for students, with well-developed public transportation. Japan is an island nation in East Asia with Tokyo as its capital. Since 1950, it has been one of the most technologically and inventing-advanced nations in the world. it also has a rich and diverse cultural heritage.
Education is highly valued in Japan, and it is one of the most literate nations in the world. In Japan, the major educational institutions consist of six-year elementary schools, three-year junior high schools, and three-year high schools, followed by two- or three-year junior colleges or four-year colleges. Students in elementary and junior high school are required to finish nine years of education.
There is a concentration on shape and harmony, as well as an appreciation for natural beauty. The nation is a global leader in the production of steel, electrical equipment, and vehicles. The service sector represents the largest component of the economy in terms of GDP. Ancient Japanese arts, such as calligraphy, flower arrangement, and tea ceremonies, are known worldwide.
Details About Fully Funded Scholarships in Japan For International Students 2023
The Mext scholarship is the first scholarship on our list that is completely supported by international students. This fellowship is available for studies at the bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and post-doctoral levels. MEXT scholarships cover tuition, lodging, a monthly stipend, and round-trip airfare from the student’s home country to Japan.
Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan awards scholarships to international students who plan to enroll as undergraduate or research (master’s / doctoral) students at Japanese universities.
MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship application cycles are typically issued in April. This scholarship does not require Japanese language proficiency or IELTS/TOEFL scores.
Courses Offered: All Japanese universities provide courses ranging from Social Science to Engineering, Medicine to Health, the Arts and Humanities, etc. There are no restrictions on Academic Fields.
Program Period: Bachelor’s: 4-5 Years, Master’s: 2-3 Years, Doctorate: 3-4 Years
Check Also: Japan KOGA Shinsuke Scholarship University of Tokyo Fully Funded 2023
A number of Japanese Universities
Undergraduate / Masters / Ph.D. / Training
- Fully financed scholarship allowing international students to study in Japan for free. The following will be provided via this scholarship:
- Allowances every month
- MEXT/Settlement Allowance will cover the cost of the Entrance Examination as well as university tuition.
- Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your round-trip airfare from your home country to Japan. The airplane ticket will be purchased in Economy class.
- International students are provided lodging in university residence halls.
- All world nations
- Candidates must hold citizenship from countries with diplomatic ties with Japan.
- A candidate with Japanese citizenship at the time of application is ineligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 years old and less than 25 years old, and you must have finished 12 years of schooling or courses at a school equivalent to a high school (including prospective graduates)
- For Master’s and Doctoral Students: You must be under 35 and a college graduate (including prospective graduates). Alternatively, you must have completed 16 or 18 years of schooling.
- For Teacher training students, you must be under 35 and a college or teacher-training college graduate.
- You must have at least five years of teaching experience in your country’s primary, secondary, or teacher training institutions.
- For Japanese Studies Students, applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools that major in Japanese language or Japanese culture at a university outside of Japan when they come to Japan, and they must be enrolled at their home institution when they return.
Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarships
The ADB–Japan Scholarship Program (ADB–JSP) annually enrolls around 300 students at academic institutions located in nine countries within the Region. Scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social growth of their home nations upon completion of their academic programs.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is dedicated to establishing a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific while continuing its fight against extreme poverty. It helps its members and partners achieve social and economic development by offering loans, technical support, grants, and equity investments.
Science and Technology, Economics, Business and Management, Development Studies, Public Policy, and Law.
- complete tuition fees
- monthly sustenance payment (including housing)
- books and curricular materials
- medical insurance travel expenses
- For researchers engaged in research, a unique grant for thesis preparation may be provided. In exceptional cases, the scholarship may cover computer literacy, preparatory language, and other comparable courses.
not be an Executive Director, Alternate Director, management, staff, or consultant of ADB, or the close relatives of the aforementioned by blood or adoption, where “close relative” is defined as a spouse, mother, stepmother, father, stepfather, sister, stepsister, brother, stepbrother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew; not be staff of ADB–JSP Designated Institutions; not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country;
- The candidate must: be a national of an ADB borrowing member country and a country eligible for a Japanese ODA scholarship; not have dual citizenship with any developed nation; and have been accepted into an authorized master’s program at a Designated Institution.
- possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with an outstanding academic record; have at least two (2) years of full-time professional work experience (earned after earning a bachelor’s degree) at the time of application.
- To be able to pursue studies, the candidate must have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills; not be older than 35 at the time of application, unless waived in exceptional cases with the expressed approval of the Government of Japan; be in good health; and agree to work in his/her home country for at least two (2) years after completing studies under the Program in order to contribute to its development.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
During sessions 2023, the Honjo International Scholarship Fund offers fully-funded scholarships to international students. This award is available for masters and doctoral students. The Honjo Scholarship gives a monthly stipend, lodging costs, and travel expenses for foreign conferences.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation has been established to provide scholarships to bright students who are struggling to study under different conditions in developing nations, as well as to Japanese students studying abroad, to help them learn advanced technologies and improve their good intentions. This foundation will serve as a cultural and friendship bridge between Japan and the rest of the world.
Scholarships from the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- $200,000 monthly for one or two years.
- $180,000 monthly for three years.
- $150,000 monthly for four to five years.
- Expenses incurred to attend an overseas conference, etc.
Can I receive a full scholarship in Japan?
Students interested in Masters’s scholarships in Japan are eligible to apply for fully-funded IUJ Scholarships in Japan for Session 2023.
Does Japan provide international students with full scholarships?
JASSO administers the Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan, which is available to international students who have been accepted to a Japanese university under a student exchange arrangement. This scholarship provides a monthly stipend of 80,000 yen for the duration of the recipient’s stay in Japan.