You can still relocate there if you have a well-paying position. This post is intended specifically for those with experience driving heavy vehicles, as it discusses Australian truck Driver Jobs for foreign nationals. You can learn about the job’s prerequisite qualifications, job requirements, salary and benefits, and any other pertinent information.
Australia faces an acute labor shortage in numerous economic sectors. According to Shell.au, the online employment platform SEEK has posted over 22,000 open positions for truck drivers in Australia as of February, highlighting a driver shortage issue that poses a grave threat to the future of Australia’s road freight industry. Australia is therefore definitely considering importing foreign truck drivers for its freight/goods transportation industry. If you are a truck driver or hold an HTV license, please read this post attentively, as it could save your career and your life.
Details About Australia Truck Driver Jobs for Foreigners
- Job title: Truck Driver/ Heavy vehicle driving
- Country: Australia
- Visa Sponsorship: Mostly Yes
- Experience required: Yes
- Knowledge required: Mostly No
- Employee benefits: Yes
Check Also: Unskilled Jobs in Australia Visa SponsorshipAdvertisement
Job Requirements for Truck Drivers in Australia
- No minimum education requirement.
- Candidate must have a minimum of two years of experience. Some employers require a minimum of three or more years of experience, and possibly up to five years.
- If your employer is unable to sponsor you for an employment visa, you may be eligible for the 189, 190, or 491 visas, a working holiday visa, or another type of visa, such as a spouse visa or international student visa. It is also important to note that all visas have restrictions, such as the 190 visa requirement that you only work in a specific state and that international students can only work a certain number of hours.
- To become a truck driver in Australia, a candidate must possess a truck and heavy vehicle license issued by the state and pass a medical exam. After completing TAFE training or local RTO training, it is recommended to earn a Certificate III or IV in Driving Operations.
- The candidate must not have a criminal or unrecommended health history.
- The candidate must have at least four IELTS bands.
Advantages of Australian Truck Driver Employment
- Truck drivers are adequately compensated. Transport Driving Training and statistics indicate that the average salary for a heavy vehicle driver in Australia is $61,000, which is above average.
- Due to the scarcity of truck drivers in Australia, there is a sizable labor market and numerous employment opportunities for truck drivers.
- Depending on the employer, employee benefits include health benefits, life insurance, paid vacations, and retirement/pension plans.
- Work-life harmony.
- Possibility for travel and exploration.
- Opportunities for advancement and career development.
- Visa approval is assured because a country needs lorry drivers.
- This is a simple method to expedite your migration to Australia.
Average Truck Driver Salary in Australia
According to Au Talent, the average annual salary for a truck driver in Australia is $64,583, or $33.12 per hour. The starting salary for an entry-level position is $58,500 per year, while most experienced employees can earn up to $80,268 per year. However, a driver’s salary depends on his experience, the location or state in which he works, who his employer is, and the terms and conditions of his employer.
Which Australian company compensates lorry drivers the most?
The company that pays truck drivers the most is HC & MC Truck drivers, whose average starting salary ranges between $80,000 and $120,000 per year.
Benefits of Australia Truck Driver Jobs for Foreigners
- Truck Drivers in High Demand: Due to a dearth of qualified truck drivers, Australia is an attractive destination for foreign nationals in search of work in this industry. The proliferation of truck drivers is a result of the nation’s expansive scale, heavy dependence on road transportation for cargo, and expanding economy.
- Competitive Salaries: Truck drivers in Australia are generally remunerated competitively, although compensation can fluctuate depending on credentials, level of experience, and the nature of the cargo being transported. Numerous businesses provide supplementary incentives, including bonuses, allowances, and overtime compensation.
- Work-Life Balance: Truck driving careers in Australia frequently affords individuals the chance to maintain a favorable work-life equilibrium through the provision of scheduled rest periods and foreseeable work schedules. This affords chauffeurs the opportunity to engage in recreational pursuits, spend time with their families, and pursue personal interests beyond the confines of work.
- employment Security: It is anticipated that the demand for truck drivers in Australia will persist at a high level for the foreseeable future, thereby affording individuals in this occupation a sense of stability and employment security. Employers highly value dependable and competent chauffeurs, thereby mitigating the likelihood of unemployment.
- Opportunities for Sponsorship: Certain Australian employers may provide sponsorship for truck driving positions for highly qualified foreign nationals on temporary or permanent visas. By means of this sponsorship, eligible candidates may obtain legal employment and establish avenues to permanent residency.
- Explore Australia: Truck driving employment provides the chance to travel and investigate various regions of Australia, including its urban centers, rural areas, and varied landscapes. This affords foreigners the opportunity to earn a livelihood while experiencing the country’s distinctive culture, landscape, and way of life.
- Training and Development: Truck drivers in Australia are afforded numerous training and development opportunities by their employers, encompassing certification programs, professional development courses, and on-the-job training. This enables drivers to progress professionally, remain informed about the latest industry standards, and improve their driving abilities.
- Advantages and Perquisites: Truck drivers might qualify for an array of amenities and benefits provided by their employers. These may include access to employee assistance programs, health insurance, and retirement plans. These advantages enhance overall job satisfaction and welfare.
- Contribution to the Economy: Truck drivers contribute significantly to the economy of Australia through the transportation of products and commodities throughout the nation. Truck drivers facilitate the efficient operation of various sectors, including retail, manufacturing, agriculture, and logistics, through their commitment to the punctual transportation of merchandise.
How to Apply for Australia Truck Driver Jobs for Foreigners?
- By selecting the link below, you will be redirected to the official employment search portal; once there, use the “Apply” button located beneath the job description.
- To filter down your job search results, you can also use the search field and the location box. Type in your job title, such as “Truck Driver Jobs in Australia for Foreigners”, “Heavy Vehicles Driving Jobs in Australia”, “HTV Driving Jobs in Australia for Foreigners”, or “Driving Jobs in Australia for Foreigners.”
- Choose your intended location within Australia to refine your search results.
- As there is a high probability that your employer will note the layout/presentation, it is best to update your CV or resume, and cover letter in accordance with current market trends.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job description and its requirements with consideration.
- Click the tab labeled “Online Application” provided below.
- Provide the requested information and submit the application.
- Confirm that you have received a confirmation email for your submitted job application.
Can I work as a lorry driver in Australia?
To operate a vehicle in Australia as an immigrant, a visa is required. The available visa options include the 189, 190, or 491 visas, a working holiday visa, or the ability to work under another visa type, such as a spouse visa or international student visa.
Is there a significant demand for lorry drivers in Australia?
Learn more right now. the online employment platform SEEK had posted over 22,000 open positions for truck drivers in Australia, highlighting a driver shortage that poses a grave threat to the future of our nation’s road freight industry.
Is truck driving in demand in Australia?
According to statistics, the shortage of heavy truck drivers remains a big issue in Australia, which means there is a big demand for new heavy truck drivers!