Social work officer Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply Now
Social work officer Jobs in Canada 2023: The Canadian Armed Forces in Halifax, Nova Scotia are seeking self-motivated people with strong interpersonal skills to fill the job of Social work officer. The successful individual will be needed to begin work as soon as feasible. The postings pertaining to Permanent or Full-time work. The schedule of shifts has yet to be set.
Details About Social work officer Jobs in Canada 2023
Name of Employer: Canadian Armed Forces
Designation: Social Work Officer
Salary: $35,820 to $62,424 per year 35 hours per week 35 hours per week
Type of Employment: Permanent Employment, Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS
Description of Social work officer Jobs in Canada 2023
- The candidate will be expected to conduct interviews with customers in order to evaluate their circumstances, ascertain the types of services required, and determine their eligibility.
- The candidate will be expected to provide clients with counselling and treatment to help them resolve social and personal concerns.
- The candidate will be expected to plan programmes for client help.
- The applicant must recommend clients to organisations that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical care, and other services.
- The candidate must educate and consult the public about counselling services, issues, and techniques.
- The applicant must evaluate the efficacy of counselling and social programmes.
- The candidate would be expected to design community-specific preventative and intervention programmes.
- The candidate will be responsible for designing intervention programmes.
- The candidate will be expected to give intervention for suicide and crises.
- The candidate will be responsible for planning intervention programmes and conducting programme evaluations.
Check Also: Visa Sponsorship jobs in Egypt for Foreigners 2023
Requirements for Social work officer Jobs in Canada 2023
- The candidate must be fluent in either English or French.
- The applicant must possess a Master’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have at least two to three years of relevant experience.
- The candidate must be in possession of a provincial registration certificate, a member of a provincial association of social workers, and a member of the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW).
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must possess superior oral communication abilities.
- The candidate must possess interpersonal sensitivity.
- The candidate should possess sound judgment.
- The applicant must be organized.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must be an effective team player.
- The candidate must place a premium on values and ethics.
- The candidate must work at both a clinic and a military installation or base.
- The business will pay for the candidate’s moving fees.
- The applicant must be willing to relocate to the place provided.
Safety and Security
The candidate should undergo a comprehensive criminal background check.
Benefits of Social work officer Jobs in Canada 2023
The successful candidate will receive a Dental plan, Health Plan, and Vision care benefits under Health Benefits.
How to Apply for Social work officer Jobs in Canada 2023
If you are interested in applying, please use one of the options provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
What requirements must I meet to become a social worker in Canada?
In the majority of provinces, a bachelor’s degree in social work is required for admittance into the field. Also offered are graduate programmes leading to a master’s or doctorate degree. A bachelor’s degree requires a four-year bachelor’s programme.
Is it difficult to find a career in social work in Canada?
The Canadian work market is competitive, making it difficult to get employment. Yet it may take some time to get full-time employment as a social worker, so you must understand how to find employment and plan for your job hunt. Many settlement agencies might aid in your job search.