Mechanical Engineering Jobs In Canada 2023: SNC-Lavalin Inc. is looking for an energetic candidate for the role of Mechanical Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to join the Infrastructure Engineering team in Atlantic Canada. Seize the opportunity to make a difference by working on a variety of projects that not only improve Halifax and Atlantic Infrastructure but also have the potential to be a part of major projects taking place across Canada.
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe that our success is due to our employees’ world-class expertise and unwavering commitment. The three pillars of safety, ethics, and quality are critical, and the ideal candidate will excel in all three. Above all, we value teamwork, respect, and openness, and we encourage our employees to grow and learn. Join us as we strive to become the most sought-after engineering and construction firm in the world.
You will work under the supervision of senior engineers in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As the ideal candidate, you place a high value on producing high-quality work, meeting deadlines, working in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to advance your career in an environment that fosters innovation and delivers excellence. Our office thrives on challenges, and as the ideal candidate, you are comfortable developing innovative solutions and advancing them through sound engineering practice.
This position entails a wide range of consulting duties. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills, be interested in a fast-paced work environment, and be proficient in Organization and time/budget management. You must be able to work both in a team and independently, and you will be expected to communicate with professional staff such as engineers, technicians, subcontractors, and clients.
Mechanical engineering is a dynamic and multidisciplinary area that focuses on designing, analyzing, and making mechanical systems. In Canada, this area is growing, and professionals who want to make a big difference through innovation have many options.
The Role of Mechanical Engineers
Mechanical engineers are very important in many fields, such as the automotive, aerospace, energy, and manufacturing businesses. They are in charge of making plans for, testing, and improving mechanical systems and tools.
Current State of Mechanical Engineering Jobs
As of 2023, there will be a lot of jobs in Canada for mechanical engineers. Industries are always looking for skilled people to help them come up with new ideas and improve their processes. This is a great time to want to become an engineer because there are so many opportunities.
Qualifications and Education
In Canada, you usually need a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related area if you want to work as a mechanical engineer. For some more advanced jobs, you may need a master’s degree.
Key Skills for Mechanical Engineers
Mechanical engineers need to have a formal education, but they also need to be good at handling problems, being creative, and using CAD software and other engineering tools.
Industries and Sectors
Mechanical engineers can work in many different fields, like making cars, making energy from green sources, space travel, and making robots.
Salaries and Compensation
Mechanical engineers in Canada get paid differently based on their experience and where they work. On average, they make good money and get good perks.
How you will contribute:
- Interpreting engineering specifications, resolving design and field engineering issues, and coordinating work schedules are all examples of responsibilities.
- Engineering calculations for equipment and system sizing, use of modeling software, development of 2D and 3D layouts, data collection in the field, construction site inspections;
- ensuring that design work integrates well with other disciplines;
- Coordination and interaction with drafting during the design drawing preparation process.
- Coordination and project specification preparation.
- Contributing to the planning and scheduling of work in order to meet predetermined goals;
- Creating progress reports and keeping track of project controls
- Recommending changes to plans and estimating costs;
- Recommending material substitutions and payment for completed work;
- To clarify specifications, consult with other departments, suppliers, and contractors.
- Keeping up with new technological developments and estimating their implications; and
- The project manager will determine the specific roles for the project.
What you will contribute:
- The recent completion of an Engineering Degree program with a concentration in
- Mechanical engineering combined with EIT application
- Excellent understanding of engineering disciplines and knowledge of the work’s reciprocal effects on other disciplines/fields
- Mechanical design and analysis skills, including the use of mechanical modeling software;
- Experience with HVAC and building services design methods is a plus.
- MS Office Suite proficiency is required.
- Strong communication skills in both report writing and presentation, as well as with all internal and external stakeholders
- Must be willing to travel, as some travel within Canada may be required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Mechanical engineering jobs in Canada in 2023 are ripe with potential for those with the right qualifications and skills. Embrace the opportunities, overcome the challenges, and build a rewarding career in this dynamic field.
People Also Ask
What is the average salary for mechanical engineers in Canada?
The average salary for mechanical engineers in Canada varies but is generally competitive, with experienced engineers earning higher wages.
What are the visa requirements for international mechanical engineers in Canada?
Visa requirements can be different, but skilled workers often use the Express Entry program or a provincial nominee program.